NYU Transfers Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
TFR

Bronze

Re: NYU Transfers

Post by TFR » Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:07 pm

harmonep14 wrote:
TFR wrote:Status update! Hoping for the best!
Mine just updated as well. T80-90, top 1%.
A second U/R?

harmonep14

New

Post by harmonep14 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:14 pm

TFR wrote:
harmonep14 wrote:
TFR wrote:Status update! Hoping for the best!
Mine just updated as well. T80-90, top 1%.
A second U/R?
Yes. From 6/25 to 7/3.

HappyTransfer2012

New

Post by HappyTransfer2012 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:19 pm

Status change as well.. I think everyone got a status update to 7/2?

TFR

Bronze

Post by TFR » Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:20 pm

HappyTransfer2012 wrote:Status change as well.. I think everyone got a status update to 7/2?
No, only got 7/3

luckyjd

Bronze

Post by luckyjd » Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:11 pm

also got status change to 7/3 from previous 6/25

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

candytex

New

Post by candytex » Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:13 pm

FlanSolo wrote:Current status date change to today (7/2). Requirements list now says only "Tuition Deposit Received."

Assuming this means nothing, but fingers crossed it's good!
Your requirements list has a "Tuition Deposit Received" box that is unchecked? Does anyone else have this on their status check? To me, this sounds more than promising...

mileslibertatis

Silver

Post by mileslibertatis » Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:18 pm

Uhh yeah for realsies.

TFR

Bronze

Post by TFR » Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:22 pm

mileslibertatis wrote:Uhh yeah for realsies.
Do you also have this?

Btw, there was someone on tls last transfer cycle, who was ranked 7/139 and got rejected/waitlisted to every school including GULC and was in at NYU. Saw ur stats and figured it might be the same school (because of the amount of students) and you would want to look into it. I think they mentioned school was 50-60. Its on the final stats 2011 thread as well.

InSport

New

Post by InSport » Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:27 pm

TFR wrote:
InSport wrote:7/2 Status Update - Application Under Review

4.09 GPA at T2 school in NYC area

I can confirm that NYU makes decisions as late as mid August. I know someone that was accepted just a few days prior to the transfer student orientation.

Good luck to everyone!
Is this your first "under review" or were you under review before that.

7/2 was my first "under review." They had not received my transcript until just a couple of days prior.

EDIT (from first post): T2 = 2nd tier

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

mileslibertatis

Silver

Post by mileslibertatis » Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:39 pm

NYU called today to ask why I had so many credits. I told them because they are quarter-hours and he literally said, "That makes sense to me." I asked about my missing college cert thing and he said they had it, but they have been very busy and people are on vacation and whatnot.

But no I don't have any special items on my page.

IsTheFatLadySinging

Bronze

Post by IsTheFatLadySinging » Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:40 pm

I went U/R 6/19----> U/R 6/20

Crickets since.

PrayingforHYS

Bronze

Post by PrayingforHYS » Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:23 pm

My app is "under review" even though they don't have my UG transcript? That happen to anyone else?

terpfan12

New

Post by terpfan12 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:33 pm

PrayingforHYS wrote:My app is "under review" even though they don't have my UG transcript? That happen to anyone else?

same here...under review 7/4

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

mileslibertatis

Silver

Post by mileslibertatis » Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:08 am

U/R 7/3

PrayingforHYS

Bronze

Post by PrayingforHYS » Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:58 am

Looks like a lot of people are getting status changed from 6/2x to 7/2-4, or going UR for the first time 7/2-7/4, so I guess that's good.

I read through all the posts in the thread last week, but w/o scrolling back, I do not believe that TLS has reported any transfer admits to NYU yet, correct? Conversely, I remember one post saying that it was not uncommon for NYU to do admits as late as mid-August, which is frustrating.

TLS or not, anyone know of any NYU admits so far? NYU's deadline was 7/1, and I think they said they do not start reviewing until late June, so maybe given the disjointed holiday week, they just either haven't admitted anyone yet, or they have done a few auto admits, perhaps none of whom post here.

Given that a handful of people had statuses of 6/1x or 6/2x, maybe we'll see a few decisions for them today/tmrw and spilling over to Monday.

jd1969a

New

Post by jd1969a » Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:38 am

terpfan12 wrote:
PrayingforHYS wrote:My app is "under review" even though they don't have my UG transcript? That happen to anyone else?

Same here. And one of my references should be there based on when it was mailed, but still hasn't shown up on the status checker.

NYCtransferhopeful12

New

Post by NYCtransferhopeful12 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:35 am

Does anyone know the exact dates for EIW and Callback Week (or the equivalent)? Also are these different for transfers than for regular students? In fact, how does EIW work for transfer student if bidding already takes place before the transfer is admitted? Thanks.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

TFR

Bronze

Post by TFR » Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:40 pm

terpfan12 wrote:

Strange that they were in office on 7/4

BobLoblaw9000

New

Post by BobLoblaw9000 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:53 pm

PrayingforHYS wrote:Looks like a lot of people are getting status changed from 6/2x to 7/2-4, or going UR for the first time 7/2-7/4, so I guess that's good.

I read through all the posts in the thread last week, but w/o scrolling back, I do not believe that TLS has reported any transfer admits to NYU yet, correct? Conversely, I remember one post saying that it was not uncommon for NYU to do admits as late as mid-August, which is frustrating.

TLS or not, anyone know of any NYU admits so far? NYU's deadline was 7/1, and I think they said they do not start reviewing until late June, so maybe given the disjointed holiday week, they just either haven't admitted anyone yet, or they have done a few auto admits, perhaps none of whom post here.

Given that a handful of people had statuses of 6/1x or 6/2x, maybe we'll see a few decisions for them today/tmrw and spilling over to Monday.

I was recently accepted, although I know nothing about the timing/process generally. I also know a few others that have applied that have not heard. Anyway, I'd like to get on the ball about maybe starting a housing thread, once these decisions start coming down.

Good luck all.

canesfan1986

Bronze

Post by canesfan1986 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:55 pm

BobLoblaw9000 wrote:
PrayingforHYS wrote:Looks like a lot of people are getting status changed from 6/2x to 7/2-4, or going UR for the first time 7/2-7/4, so I guess that's good.

I was recently accepted, although I know nothing about the timing/process generally. I also know a few others that have applied that have not heard. Anyway, I'd like to get on the ball about maybe starting a housing thread, once these decisions start coming down.

Good luck all.
Recently? When? How did you find out? Stats?

FlanSolo

Bronze

Post by FlanSolo » Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:58 pm

Mine now says "Decision letter sent."

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

BobLoblaw9000

New

Post by BobLoblaw9000 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:04 pm

canesfan1986 wrote:
BobLoblaw9000 wrote:

Good luck all.
Recently? When? How did you find out? Stats?

Tuesday. Mail. Ivy undergrad, School Rank: 50+, Top 2%. Mine also said "Decision Letter Sent" (and still does) so I think that is a good sign Flan Solo.

nadopretz

Bronze

Post by nadopretz » Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:05 pm

I am still incomplete, missing my undergrad transcript, questionnaire, and law school certification. I know that my undergrad stuff was sent at least 2 weeks ago, but am worried about my current LS form -- they have been a little scattered-brained about other forms, and swore they sent it when I talked to them last but the fact that it isn't on my status checker makes me nervous. Does anyone know what happens if those extra forms didn't arrive before the due date, if you had your actual application in on time?

FlanSolo

Bronze

Post by FlanSolo » Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:08 pm

BobLoblaw9000 wrote:
Tuesday. Mail. Ivy undergrad, School Rank: 50+, Top 2%. Mine also said "Decision Letter Sent" (and still does) so I think that is a good sign Flan Solo.
It looks like that's what happened last year as well. So I'll allow that I'm cautiously optimistic, although I'll believe it when it's in my hands!

transferpotential00

New

Post by transferpotential00 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:09 pm

Still UR 7/2...me no like.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”