Transferring from a Tier 2 to FSU?

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Gatorbull84

Transferring from a Tier 2 to FSU?

Postby Gatorbull84 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:10 am

I just finished my first year at a pretty solid Tier 2 school and I enjoyed the school and city but I want to be back in my home state. Does anyone know what kind of numbers are required to Transfer to FSU, a high Tier 2 school, from another slightly lower Tier 2?

Nova

Re: Transferring from a Tier 2 to FSU?

Postby Nova » Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:54 pm

Id say top third.

To transfer into the T1 you need:
-top 10-20% at a T2
-top 5-10% at T3
-top 5% at T4
-Other notes: Depending on just exactly where you are and how far up you want to transfer, you can again make the jump by being in the top 20-30%.

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=82937

Gatorbull84

Postby Gatorbull84 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:19 pm

thanks

MakeItHappen3

Postby MakeItHappen3 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:16 am

According to published ABA stats, FSU is one of the most transfer-friendly law schools in the country. I was accepted Early Action from a Tier 4 school in mid-April (top 10% in my class after the fall semester). However, I'll be transferring elsewhere in the fall. PM if you have any questions, and good luck!

Return to “Transfers”