T14 transfer status change thread 2012

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
User avatar
InnocuousDiatribe
Posts: 193
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:40 pm

Re: T14 transfer status change thread 2012

Postby InnocuousDiatribe » Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:36 pm

Finally get to post my first acceptance! Wooooooooooooo!

Stats: T2 (50s), Ranked 7/250, 2 CALIs, biglaw SA, law review, moot court, blah blah.

Under Review
Chicago - Deferred ED 5/25, no updates
NYU - UR 7/6
Columbia - UR 6/20
Penn - UR 6/28

Results Back
Berkeley - OUT (7/5)
UVA - OUT (7/3)
Duke - WAITLIST (7/12)
Northwestern - UR 6/19 - IN (7/17) (Deposit Deadline 7/23)

canesfan1986
Posts: 443
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:28 pm

Re: T14 transfer status change thread 2012

Postby canesfan1986 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:40 pm

InnocuousDiatribe wrote:Finally get to post my first acceptance! Wooooooooooooo!

Stats: T2 (50s), Ranked 7/250, 2 CALIs, biglaw SA, law review, moot court, blah blah.

Under Review
Chicago - Deferred ED 5/25, no updates
NYU - UR 7/6
Columbia - UR 6/20
Penn - UR 6/28

Results Back
Berkeley - OUT (7/5)
UVA - OUT (7/3)
Duke - WAITLIST (7/12)
Northwestern - UR 6/19 - IN (7/17) (Deposit Deadline 7/23)


Congrats! I'm jealous now lol. I'm sure I'll hear back by August....

mileslibertatis
Posts: 582
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:09 pm

Re: T14 transfer status change thread 2012

Postby mileslibertatis » Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:29 pm

Waiting
Yale: submitted paper, school requested report 6/27; app received email 7/9
Harvard: "processing" "ready for review" 6/22
Stanford: File incomplete 5/23, complete 6/29
Columbia: Complete 6/27
Chicago: Complete 6/22, Under Review 6/26, Under Review (date changed) 6/29, Under Review (date changed) 7/12


Decision Rendered
Georgetown: Waitlisted 6/27
UVA: Complete date unknown; Rejected 7/12 (email)
NYU: UR 7/3, UR 7/12, "Tuition Deposit Received" under requirements 7/12, Decision Letter Sent 7/13 (actually updated to this on 7/12), access to admitted students page 7/12, acceptance package received UPS 7/14
Penn: Under Committee Review 6/28, accepted (phone call) 7/17

User avatar
lisavj
Posts: 275
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:42 pm

Re: T14 transfer status change thread 2012

Postby lisavj » Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:56 am

lisavj wrote:Cycle done for me - easy when family commitments come into play.

Berkeley - accepted, attending 7/10
Stanford - withdrew 7/10 accepted 7/17


Guess I should update after a somewhat bizarre turn of events. y'never know kids.

shock259
Posts: 1737
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:30 am

Re: T14 transfer status change thread 2012

Postby shock259 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:12 am

You got in after you withdrew!? Pretty impressive! :P

User avatar
InnocuousDiatribe
Posts: 193
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:40 pm

Re: T14 transfer status change thread 2012

Postby InnocuousDiatribe » Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:43 am

canesfan1986 wrote:
InnocuousDiatribe wrote:Finally get to post my first acceptance! Wooooooooooooo!

Stats: T2 (50s), Ranked 7/250, 2 CALIs, biglaw SA, law review, moot court, blah blah.

Under Review
Chicago - Deferred ED 5/25, no updates
NYU - UR 7/6
Columbia - UR 6/20
Penn - UR 6/28

Results Back
Berkeley - OUT (7/5)
UVA - OUT (7/3)
Duke - WAITLIST (7/12)
Northwestern - UR 6/19 - IN (7/17) (Deposit Deadline 7/23)


Congrats! I'm jealous now lol. I'm sure I'll hear back by August....

All you need is one, canes. Tak heart. You'll hear back soon.

canesfan1986
Posts: 443
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:28 pm

Re: T14 transfer status change thread 2012

Postby canesfan1986 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:58 am

InnocuousDiatribe wrote:
canesfan1986 wrote:
InnocuousDiatribe wrote:Finally get to post my first acceptance! Wooooooooooooo!

Stats: T2 (50s), Ranked 7/250, 2 CALIs, biglaw SA, law review, moot court, blah blah.

Under Review
Chicago - Deferred ED 5/25, no updates
NYU - UR 7/6
Columbia - UR 6/20
Penn - UR 6/28

Results Back
Berkeley - OUT (7/5)
UVA - OUT (7/3)
Duke - WAITLIST (7/12)
Northwestern - UR 6/19 - IN (7/17) (Deposit Deadline 7/23)


Congrats! I'm jealous now lol. I'm sure I'll hear back by August....

All you need is one, canes. Tak heart. You'll hear back soon.


Yeah I'm hopeful. You going to NU or do you prefer NYC?

User avatar
InnocuousDiatribe
Posts: 193
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:40 pm

Re: T14 transfer status change thread 2012

Postby InnocuousDiatribe » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:09 am

I have ties to Chicago, and I'd prefer UChi over NU. But if I'm rejected RD at UChi, but still somehow pull C/N, I'll probably go with NYC. "Worst case" and I'm rejected from CCN, I'll likely take NU over, e.g., Duke or Penn.

I would love to attend C/N; I'm just not thrilled by the prospect of living in a 250 sqft studio for 2 years at 1200/mo, eating ramen noodles, and leaving my girlfriend and dog back in Texas (whereas if I get UChi, I can at least bring up one of those with me :P ).

canesfan1986
Posts: 443
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:28 pm

Re: T14 transfer status change thread 2012

Postby canesfan1986 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:11 am

InnocuousDiatribe wrote:I have ties to Chicago, and I'd prefer UChi over NU. But if I'm rejected RD at UChi, but still somehow pull C/N, I'll probably go with NYC. "Worst case" and I'm rejected from CCN, I'll likely take NU over, e.g., Duke or Penn.

I would love to attend C/N; I'm just not thrilled by the prospect of living in a 250 sqft studio for 2 years at 1200/mo, eating ramen noodles, and leaving my girlfriend and dog back in Texas (whereas if I get UChi, I can at least bring up one of those with me :P ).


We would be in the exact same boat with C/N. Then again, NYC does sound like a lot of fun for a couple of years.

mileslibertatis
Posts: 582
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:09 pm

Re: T14 transfer status change thread 2012

Postby mileslibertatis » Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:19 pm

Canesfan: I hereby summon you to this thread for the purpose of answering which HYS accepted you today.

canesfan1986
Posts: 443
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:28 pm

Re: T14 transfer status change thread 2012

Postby canesfan1986 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:27 pm

mileslibertatis wrote:Canesfan: I hereby summon you to this thread for the purpose of answering which HYS accepted you today.


LOL! Here I am....with nothing to show. Lol I'll flip if I get H, but apparently the T6 hates the U. I hope I'm proven wrong!

pballer
Posts: 244
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:58 pm

Re: T14 transfer status change thread 2012

Postby pballer » Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:45 pm

.
Last edited by pballer on Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FlanSolo
Posts: 439
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:34 am

Re: T14 transfer status change thread 2012

Postby FlanSolo » Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:58 pm

Stats: T20, Estimated Top 1-2 percent, 1L SA, 4 years WE, no word on journals yet.

Under Review
Harvard - "Application Ready for Review," 6/22
Columbia - Complete 6/25
Yale - Complete 7/17
Duke - Phone interview requested 6/29 (Not interested on my part)

Results Back
Penn - IN via phone call, 6/28
NYU - IN via status change to "Decision Letter Sent," on 7/5; log-in to admitted students portal 7/6; UPS acceptance packet received 7/9
UVA - DING via email, 7/12

Mostly awaiting rejections from H and Y. As for Columbia, not really sure what's going on.

InSport
Posts: 74
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:41 pm

Re: T14 transfer status change thread 2012

Postby InSport » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:36 pm

GULC - 7/3 - In (just withdrew tonight - 7/18)
NYU - 7/18 - In (most likely attending)
CLS - stuck on "Completion Pending" since 6/30

Stats:
4.09 GPA - No Rank
T80s in NYC Area

User avatar
InnocuousDiatribe
Posts: 193
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:40 pm

Re: T14 transfer status change thread 2012

Postby InnocuousDiatribe » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:37 pm

pballer wrote:3/220 (top 1.5%), UGA (#34)

Waiting
Chicago- U/R 7/11- U/R 7/12
Columbia- Complete 7/2
NYU- U/R 7/16

Rejected
Harvard- 7/13

This cycle has been...not great for me

Dude, that's not cool.

pballer
Posts: 244
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:58 pm

Re: T14 transfer status change thread 2012

Postby pballer » Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:40 am

.
Last edited by pballer on Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

canesfan1986
Posts: 443
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:28 pm

Re: T14 transfer status change thread 2012

Postby canesfan1986 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:12 am

School: 60s
Rank: 1/4xx
GPA: 3.94

Pending
Harvard: Ready for Review 6/22
Columbia: Complete 6/28
NYU: UR 7/3-->7/16
Penn: UR 6/28

Decision(s)
GULC EA: In (Withdrew yesterday)

This cycle has been so awesome for me.

mileslibertatis
Posts: 582
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:09 pm

Re: T14 transfer status change thread 2012

Postby mileslibertatis » Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:28 am

canesfan1986 wrote:School: 60s
Rank: 1/4xx
GPA: 3.94

Pending
Harvard: Ready for Review 6/22
Columbia: Complete 6/28
NYU: UR 7/3-->7/16
Penn: UR 6/28

Decision(s)
GULC EA: In (Withdrew yesterday)

This cycle has been so awesome for me.

You are like the sequel to me, but where the director decided to do the gritty, dark version.

canesfan1986
Posts: 443
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:28 pm

Re: T14 transfer status change thread 2012

Postby canesfan1986 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:31 am

mileslibertatis wrote:
canesfan1986 wrote:School: 60s
Rank: 1/4xx
GPA: 3.94

Pending
Harvard: Ready for Review 6/22
Columbia: Complete 6/28
NYU: UR 7/3-->7/16
Penn: UR 6/28

Decision(s)
GULC EA: In (Withdrew yesterday)

This cycle has been so awesome for me.

You are like the sequel to me, but where the director decided to do the gritty, dark version.


If the movie I'm in is "Saw II," then yes. Lol

User avatar
InnocuousDiatribe
Posts: 193
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:40 pm

Re: T14 transfer status change thread 2012

Postby InnocuousDiatribe » Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:53 pm

Any movement at all the last few days? Diddly here.

User avatar
InnocuousDiatribe
Posts: 193
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:40 pm

Re: T14 transfer status change thread 2012

Postby InnocuousDiatribe » Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:23 pm

InnocuousDiatribe wrote:Finally get to post my first acceptance! Wooooooooooooo!

Stats: T2 (50s), Ranked 7/250, 2 CALIs, biglaw SA, law review, moot court, blah blah.

Under Review
Chicago - Deferred ED 5/25, no updates
NYU - UR 7/6
Columbia - UR 6/20
Penn - UR 6/28

Results Back
Berkeley - OUT (7/5)
UVA - OUT (7/3)
Duke - WAITLIST (7/12)
Northwestern - UR 6/19 - IN (7/17) (Deposit Deadline 7/23)


Penn - OUT (7/20)

Starting to look like I'll be attending NU this fall, unless CCN decides to get back sometime this year.

mileslibertatis
Posts: 582
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:09 pm

Re: T14 transfer status change thread 2012

Postby mileslibertatis » Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:25 pm

I want to register this thought, once again, for next year's cycle: this process drags on and here we are on 7/20 and I still haven't heard from over half the school to which I applied. So prepare yourselves.

Should I Transfer??
Posts: 131
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:41 pm

Re: T14 transfer status change thread 2012

Postby Should I Transfer?? » Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:28 pm

mileslibertatis wrote:I want to register this thought, once again, for next year's cycle: this process drags on and here we are on 7/20 and I still haven't heard from over half the school to which I applied. So prepare yourselves.


Much more stressful than i thought it'd be.

shock259
Posts: 1737
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:30 am

Re: T14 transfer status change thread 2012

Postby shock259 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:31 pm

Updated my final info on the last page. Best of luck to everyone remaining to hear. You have my deepest sympathies, as this process sucks.

mileslibertatis
Posts: 582
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:09 pm

Re: T14 transfer status change thread 2012

Postby mileslibertatis » Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:17 pm

Waiting
Yale: submitted paper, school requested report 6/27; app received email 7/9
Harvard: "processing" "ready for review" 6/22
Stanford: File incomplete 5/23, complete 6/29
Columbia: Complete 6/27
Chicago: Complete 6/22, Under Review 6/26, Under Review (date changed) 6/29, Under Review (date changed) 7/12


Decision Rendered
Georgetown: Waitlisted 6/27
UVA: Complete date unknown; Rejected 7/12 (email)
NYU: UR 7/3, UR 7/12, "Tuition Deposit Received" under requirements 7/12, Decision Letter Sent 7/13 (actually updated to this on 7/12), access to admitted students page 7/12, acceptance package received UPS 7/14; WITHDREW 7/20 (prefer Penn for location and family reasons)
Penn: Under Committee Review 6/28, accepted (phone call) 7/17




Return to “Transfers”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.