T14 transfer status change thread 2012 Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Lyonsoccer87

Bronze

T14 transfer status change thread 2012

Post by Lyonsoccer87 » Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:53 pm

Post your transfer status updates and decisions at t14 schools ITT.

Last year's version of this thread was extremely helpful for me so hopefully this one will be useful as well for us and next year's potential transfers. Also I hope ppl who successfully transferred last year (aka keg, Vronsky...etc) will jump in with some tips/answers to questions.

I go to a below 60 T2:

My ranking is not yet out but i expect to be within the top 5% (will update when i know exact rank):

applying to (in order of preference):
1. Michigan
2. Penn
3. CLS (cause of the name)
4. NYU
5. GULC (family lives in D.C.)

I have finished writing my generic PS but need to personalize it to each school. I have all my grades (3.75), and have two LOR in the mail but not processed by LSAC yet. I'm a little bit behind but i think ill make all deadlines.

Ill kick it off with a question: I have yet to be able to complete an App on LSAC because i don't have a LOR processed yet but i can obtain a Dean cert tom (i know its important to get these early; thnx keg from old thread). Is it ok to tell the registrar to place an addressed envelope with the cert inside my mailbox and then i can send it when i have the app complete and submitted? I'm worried if i have them send it to the school before i even have an app submitted they would lose it or be confused. I also kinda want to have everything in my app sent in at the same time so ill know i'm complete.

hope the thread catches on.

arigoldwannabe

Bronze

Re: T14 transfer status change thread 2012

Post by arigoldwannabe » Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:10 pm

Let the fun begin!!

School: #51
Apps: Deferred ED at GULC, CCN are already submitted, working on Mich, Penn, and H (lololol)

Looks like things start to heat up early to mid July. I cant wait to start speculating.....

TFR

Bronze

Post by TFR » Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:19 pm

T2

No rank yet, but will update

Applied GULC (Deffered EA); CLS; NYU; Penn.

Thinking about Mich, NU, H (lol), Chi, UC Berk.
Last edited by TFR on Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TFR

Bronze

Post by TFR » Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:20 pm

arigoldwannabe wrote:Let the fun begin!!

Apps: Deferred ED at GULC, CCN are already submitted, working on Mich, Penn, and H (lololol)

Looks like things start to heat up early to mid July. I cant wait to start speculating.....
Did you hear anything from CLS or NYU? I applied about 2 weeks ago, but complete silence, no status checker. NYU didn't even send me an app received email.

arigoldwannabe

Bronze

Post by arigoldwannabe » Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:44 am

TFR wrote:

Did you hear anything from CLS or NYU? I applied about 2 weeks ago, but complete silence, no status checker. NYU didn't even send me an app received email.
I applied late last night. I'll keep you posted though.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

johnB86

New

Post by johnB86 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:54 am

Last edited by johnB86 on Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

crossarmant

Silver

Post by crossarmant » Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:02 am

School: TT in the 80-100 range
Rank: ~10% for the year (We don't rank, based on 5% cut-offs and the TLS Class Estimator)

EA acceptances to WUSTL & GW

T14 Applications:
GULC - EA Deferred (Hopeful, from VA and have ties to DC)
Northwestern

Hail Marys to
UVA (VA resident)
UMich

heeloftar

New

Post by heeloftar » Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:54 pm

Last edited by heeloftar on Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lyonsoccer87

Bronze

Post by Lyonsoccer87 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:31 pm

I will have my application complete aside from my ranking by next week. I think this will hurt me because of my school's low median and regular 4.0 scale. A part of me wants to hold out on submitting the App until i can send the complete app with the ranking, but i think that'll hurt me as well because the earlier the better... well see. i'll have ranking right around or before july 2nd.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

starchinkilt

Bronze

Post by starchinkilt » Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:08 pm

Lyonsoccer87 wrote:I will have my application complete aside from my ranking by next week. I think this will hurt me because of my school's low median and regular 4.0 scale. A part of me wants to hold out on submitting the App until i can send the complete app with the ranking, but i think that'll hurt me as well because the earlier the better... well see. i'll have ranking right around or before july 2nd.
Send your app in now, and just e-mail them when you get class rank. I did that, and it helped that I expedited the process. I got a phone acceptance the day after I e-mailed Michigan my class rank, which was the last thing to complete my app there.

Lyonsoccer87

Bronze

Post by Lyonsoccer87 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:05 pm

starchinkilt wrote:
Lyonsoccer87 wrote:I will have my application complete aside from my ranking by next week. I think this will hurt me because of my school's low median and regular 4.0 scale. A part of me wants to hold out on submitting the App until i can send the complete app with the ranking, but i think that'll hurt me as well because the earlier the better... well see. i'll have ranking right around or before july 2nd.
Send your app in now, and just e-mail them when you get class rank. I did that, and it helped that I expedited the process. I got a phone acceptance the day after I e-mailed Michigan my class rank, which was the last thing to complete my app there.

Thanks a lot for the advice man. Michigan is my top choice. I was just worried because a 3.75 is like top 10 at most places but its well within top 5% here. Did you just send a regular email with your class rank or did you try to make it official in some way? I will try to have my complete app (aside from rank) submitted to Michigan next week then just send them an email like you did when i get my rank. do you remember around when you got your acceptance? Last thing did you writhe the "why Michigan" essay?

luckyjd

Bronze

Post by luckyjd » Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:41 am

Just going to update this post as time goes on so people can more easily reference in the future.

Submitted everything 6/4 including transcripts and dean's cert
1. Harvard
--- a) Status tracker email: "Application Received" 6/5
--- b) "Application ready for review" 6/12
--- c) dinged 7/20
2. Chicago
--- a) Status tracker email: "Application incomplete" 6/5
--- b) "Application Complete" 6/19
--- c) "Application Under Review" 6/26
--- d) "Application Under Review" 6/29 (date updated)
--- e) "Application Under Review" 7/12 (date updated... tell me already!)
--- f) dinged 7/27
3. Northwestern
--- a) Status tracker email: "Application complete" 6/11
--- b) Accepted via email 7/2
4. NYU (submitted later than the rest, decided to apply after the other apps)
--- a) Status tracker email: "Application being processed" 6/13
--- b) "Application Under Review" 6/25
--- c) "Application Under Review" date updated to 7/3
Last edited by luckyjd on Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:18 pm, edited 14 times in total.

forestgirl

Bronze

Post by forestgirl » Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:26 pm

Just got rank today. Finishing up apps, going to send in everything early next week (still waiting on one LOR).

Current school: around #30
GPA: 3.74

Applying in order of preference:
1. CLS
2. NYU
3. Penn
4. Chicago

I'm thinking that any other move wouldn't be worth it. I have a scholarship, law review, and moot court at my current school. But I really want a top name on my degree if I can get it.

I'm getting nervous that this one professor (even though I just reminded him) might hold everything up and put me at a disadvantage. Thoughts on the timing of applications at this point?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

IsTheFatLadySinging

Bronze

Post by IsTheFatLadySinging » Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:39 am

arigoldwannabe wrote:
TFR wrote:

I applied late last night. I'll keep you posted though.

Follow up on this. Has anyone heard anything from NYU? Status checker or email?

in_reverie

New

Post by in_reverie » Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:21 pm

About to apply to Stanford. I assume that supplementary materials (basically my transcript - still waiting on one more grade) can be submitted after the June 15 deadline, so long as I get my application turned in?

TFR

Bronze

Post by TFR » Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:57 pm

IsTheFatLadySinging wrote:
arigoldwannabe wrote:
TFR wrote:

Follow up on this. Has anyone heard anything from NYU? Status checker or email?
I spoke to someone at NYU who said they should be up this week

ReversedAndRemanded

New

Post by ReversedAndRemanded » Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:24 am

Lyonsoccer87 wrote:
starchinkilt wrote:

Thanks a lot for the advice man. Michigan is my top choice. I was just worried because a 3.75 is like top 10 at most places but its well within top 5% here. Did you just send a regular email with your class rank or did you try to make it official in some way? I will try to have my complete app (aside from rank) submitted to Michigan next week then just send them an email like you did when i get my rank. do you remember around when you got your acceptance? Last thing did you writhe the "why Michigan" essay?
I know this question was a couple days old, but in case you didn't get an answer to it, I called the Admissions Office when mine came in, and I send them a pdf of the class rank release, as well as a link to where the class rank was posted online.

I did write the "Why Michigan?" essay.

And I didn't get class rank released until June 27, and was still accepted (around July 10 or so), so I wouldn't worry about the timeline too much.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Lyonsoccer87

Bronze

Post by Lyonsoccer87 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:25 am

thanks for the replies to my question. I just submitted both Michigan and GULC apps. I will try and get both Penn and Cornell this week after i finish my PS for both

fatduck

Gold

Post by fatduck » Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:47 pm

top 3% or so at vandy (estimated), applying to: yale, harvard, stanford, virginia. submitted last week, so far just a status checker from harvard and an "application received" email from stanford.

Should I Transfer??

Bronze

Post by Should I Transfer?? » Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:05 pm

Top 1% T30.

Will update with decision dates and results.
Last edited by Should I Transfer?? on Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lyonsoccer87

Bronze

Post by Lyonsoccer87 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:09 pm

Just got an email saying my app is complete at Penn. Michigan and Gtown also have all the materials. Michigan just gave me the initial long emai. Gtown status checker hasn't changed since the day i submitted my app.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Lyonsoccer87

Bronze

Post by Lyonsoccer87 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:32 pm

For those who applied to Penn. My status just changed to "under committee review." this is prolly my top choice.. pretty nervous. Also complete at Michigan

TFR

Bronze

Post by TFR » Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:28 am

Lyonsoccer87 wrote:For those who applied to Penn. My status just changed to "under committee review." this is prolly my top choice.. pretty nervous. Also complete at Michigan
I was looking through last year's thread and the first U/R was 6/24 and most were 6/30. The first decision wave was 7/8. If this means anything, decisions for anyone U/R now should be out early July.

luckyjd

Bronze

Post by luckyjd » Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:30 pm

all my NYU checkmarks are checked off... but not complete yet? anyone have the same problem?

transferpotential00

New

Post by transferpotential00 » Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:44 pm

So weird to be going through this process again! Figured I'd update here as I document the dates myself:

Berkeley, 6/19, File under review
Stanford, 6/20, File submitted for review
Harvard, 6/22, Application ready for review
NU, 6/20, Application complete
Penn, 6/21, Under committee review
NYU, 6/18, Application being processed
Columbia, Still waiting for them to check off transcript and certifications
Michigan, Waiting for complete email
Chicago, No checker yet (do they send one out?)

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”