Columbia 2012 Transfer Applicants

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
User avatar
InnocuousDiatribe
Posts: 193
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:40 pm

Re: Columbia 2012 Transfer Applicants

Postby InnocuousDiatribe » Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:49 am

Went complete yesterday.

Bramwell
Posts: 41
Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:29 pm

Re: Columbia 2012 Transfer Applicants

Postby Bramwell » Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:21 am

NYC1983 wrote:How long does it take to get an answer after our file is complete? Any chance of knowing by mid-July?

There was a wave of admissions July 13-14 last year.

mdfreeman
Posts: 53
Joined: Sun May 02, 2010 7:43 pm

Re: Columbia 2012 Transfer Applicants

Postby mdfreeman » Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:50 pm

Just submitted mine today. Finding the second letter of rec was a little difficult but I got it done...now, we wait.

FlanSolo
Posts: 439
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:34 am

Re: Columbia 2012 Transfer Applicants

Postby FlanSolo » Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:02 pm

Went complete today. Impressed with how quickly my UG turned things around.

mileslibertatis
Posts: 582
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:09 pm

Re: Columbia 2012 Transfer Applicants

Postby mileslibertatis » Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:06 pm

Waiting on the transcripts box to get checked... not sure what the hold up is.

NYC1983
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:17 pm

Re: Columbia 2012 Transfer Applicants

Postby NYC1983 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:50 pm

Does anyone know when we would have to show up on campus if we don't do OCI?

User avatar
piccolittle
Posts: 1118
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:16 pm

Re: Columbia 2012 Transfer Applicants

Postby piccolittle » Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:00 pm

NYC1983 wrote:Does anyone know when we would have to show up on campus if we don't do OCI?

CLS rising 2L here. Classes don't start until early September so if you're not doing EIP I don't think you'd have to be around until late August or so.

NYC1983
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:17 pm

Re: Columbia 2012 Transfer Applicants

Postby NYC1983 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:09 am

Great thanks! (What does EIP stand for?)

User avatar
kwais
Posts: 1683
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 12:28 pm

Re: Columbia 2012 Transfer Applicants

Postby kwais » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:28 am

NYC1983 wrote:Great thanks! (What does EIP stand for?)


early interview program

canesfan1986
Posts: 443
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:28 pm

Re: Columbia 2012 Transfer Applicants

Postby canesfan1986 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:06 pm

Went Complete today. When do they start the review process?

mileslibertatis
Posts: 582
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:09 pm

Re: Columbia 2012 Transfer Applicants

Postby mileslibertatis » Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:19 pm

Completified. Still no official rank from current school. Getting annoyed.

mileslibertatis
Posts: 582
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:09 pm

Re: Columbia 2012 Transfer Applicants

Postby mileslibertatis » Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:20 pm

Please note that decisions will not be available online; rather, all applicants will receive their decision by mail or email.


Does this mean they don't call?

TFR
Posts: 226
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:56 pm

Re: Columbia 2012 Transfer Applicants

Postby TFR » Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:00 pm

Someone on this thread was complete about 2 weeks ago, and no reported decisions yet. According to last year's they email or snail mail acceptances, and snail mail rejections.

NYC1983
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:17 pm

Re: Columbia 2012 Transfer Applicants

Postby NYC1983 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:55 pm

Anyone know details on housing for transfers? Or where I can learn more? Thanks!

transferpotential00
Posts: 51
Joined: Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:31 pm

Re: Columbia 2012 Transfer Applicants

Postby transferpotential00 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:51 pm

Just got complete email (strange since it's almost 8pm).

Things are unchecked on my status page, but it says complete, so I guess I won't worry about that.

Panama2014
Posts: 21
Joined: Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:09 pm

Re: Columbia 2012 Transfer Applicants

Postby Panama2014 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:56 pm

same here - spoke to a transfer from my school last year and he said they released the decisions mid july so now we wait... again.

harmonep14
Posts: 50
Joined: Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:46 am

Re: Columbia 2012 Transfer Applicants

Postby harmonep14 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:40 am

Tag

mileslibertatis
Posts: 582
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:09 pm

Re: Columbia 2012 Transfer Applicants

Postby mileslibertatis » Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:48 am

Today is the day the LR competition calls to accept...

User avatar
quiver
Posts: 864
Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:46 pm

Re: Columbia 2012 Transfer Applicants

Postby quiver » Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:16 pm

piccolittle wrote:
NYC1983 wrote:Does anyone know when we would have to show up on campus if we don't do OCI?

CLS rising 2L here. Classes don't start until early September so if you're not doing EIP I don't think you'd have to be around until late August or so.
While this is true about classes, transfer orientation is on August 7th. You should really try to be there for that.

mileslibertatis
Posts: 582
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:09 pm

Re: Columbia 2012 Transfer Applicants

Postby mileslibertatis » Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:23 pm

Anyone know what the deal is with LR members returning at the end of July? Surely Columbia students have summer jobs and internships.

User avatar
piccolittle
Posts: 1118
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:16 pm

Re: Columbia 2012 Transfer Applicants

Postby piccolittle » Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:32 pm

mileslibertatis wrote:Anyone know what the deal is with LR members returning at the end of July? Surely Columbia students have summer jobs and internships.

They leave them early. 1L internships understand.

NYC1983
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:17 pm

Re: Columbia 2012 Transfer Applicants

Postby NYC1983 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:48 pm

quiver wrote:
piccolittle wrote:
NYC1983 wrote:Does anyone know when we would have to show up on campus if we don't do OCI?

CLS rising 2L here. Classes don't start until early September so if you're not doing EIP I don't think you'd have to be around until late August or so.
While this is true about classes, transfer orientation is on August 7th. You should really try to be there for that.



Wow August 7th? Why so early? Is this info online? Thanks for the post.

User avatar
quiver
Posts: 864
Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:46 pm

Re: Columbia 2012 Transfer Applicants

Postby quiver » Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:11 pm

NYC1983 wrote:
quiver wrote:
piccolittle wrote:
NYC1983 wrote:Does anyone know when we would have to show up on campus if we don't do OCI?

CLS rising 2L here. Classes don't start until early September so if you're not doing EIP I don't think you'd have to be around until late August or so.
While this is true about classes, transfer orientation is on August 7th. You should really try to be there for that.


Wow August 7th? Why so early? Is this info online? Thanks for the post.
Not sure if it's online yet. There will be a panel of 3L transfers who will answer lots of questions (including many about EIP) and a presentation by career services along with lots of other people. My guess is that they try to get it on the early side so new transfers will have better info by the time they hit EIP. It's also nice to meet your transfer class before EIP so you have people to hang out with between interviews.

mileslibertatis
Posts: 582
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:09 pm

Re: Columbia 2012 Transfer Applicants

Postby mileslibertatis » Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:18 pm

Do a lot of people fly up for that and then move the rest of their lives later? Moving from central Texas is not a pick-up-and-go affair...

User avatar
quiver
Posts: 864
Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:46 pm

Re: Columbia 2012 Transfer Applicants

Postby quiver » Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:33 pm

mileslibertatis wrote:Do a lot of people fly up for that and then move the rest of their lives later? Moving from central Texas is not a pick-up-and-go affair...
Not entirely sure. I'm sure it depends on your current living situation, your living arrangements in NYC, etc. It's only 2 days before EIP anyway so if you're planning on doing that, then you'll need to either get a hotel room for a week, stay at your new place in the city, or find someone to stay with.




Return to “Transfers”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.