Top 25% at a T30 Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Peg

Bronze

Top 25% at a T30

Post by Peg » Thu May 31, 2012 5:40 am

What the title says. No word yet on whether I'm on law review. Can't grade on so I hope my competition entry was good, at least for a secondary journal.

do GULC or Cornell dip to top 25% or top third in the T30? (Can't tell you which school or even a more narrow range - too close to outing myself already).

No stellar work experience, pretty much came straight through. Good LORs from professors who like me. Will it make a difference if I say I'm pretty much guaranteed a job for 2L summer (and beyond) at a mid-law firm in a flyover market? I feel like schools are afraid that transfers who aren't in the top 10 of their original class won't get employed at their new school and will reflect badly on the new school?

Peg

Bronze

Re: Top 25% at a T30

Post by Peg » Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:34 am

anyone?

Aberzombie1892

Gold

Post by Aberzombie1892 » Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:41 am

If you have a guaranteed job, why would you transfer?

Peg

Bronze

Post by Peg » Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:28 am

It's a backup option when I really want to work in a major market. I only wanted to see if mentioning it would help my chances in the context of schools seeing that I won't be left jobless after OCI, even if many of the firms at their OCI decide that top quarter at a T30 doesn't meet the cutoff.

concurrent fork

Silver

Post by concurrent fork » Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:21 pm

Peg wrote:do GULC or Cornell dip to top 25% or top third in the T30?
Possibly, but you don't gain much transferring T30 --> GULC. Maybe it's worth it from a midwest T30 if you want east coast, but OCI will still be tough.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”