Transfer from Arizona to Arizona State

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
iwannatransfer

Transfer from Arizona to Arizona State

Postby iwannatransfer » Thu May 24, 2012 12:09 am

Would like to transfer from Arizona to Arizona State. 3.3 gpa right now which is probably just above median, still waiting on Spring grades but expect to be right around the same, hopefully better. I am curious if ASU's recent jump in the rankings will make it significantly harder to transfer. I like UofA and would rather stay, but recent family and financial concerns have made it a priority for me to try to transfer so I can live in the Phoenix area. All input welcome, Thanks

CanadianWolf

Re: Transfer from Arizona to Arizona State

Postby CanadianWolf » Thu May 24, 2012 6:59 am

Your need to be in the Phoenix area for family reasons should help.

iwannatransfer

Postby iwannatransfer » Thu May 24, 2012 10:49 pm

Thanks for the reply. Anyone know if this is still considered a lateral transfer and what kind of chance I have getting in with my grades?

dtl

Postby dtl » Sat May 26, 2012 2:19 am

I am also at Arizona doing the transfer game. It is less of a lateral transfer after ASU rejiggered their rankings so much. A dead median would have trouble getting in but if you raise your GPA a bit there is a chance. Transferring is primarily a numbers game but compelling reasons help if you emphasize them enough.

Lawquacious

Postby Lawquacious » Sat May 26, 2012 3:31 am

I bet top 1/3 would do it... It really is a lateral in all reality (until like 2 years ago U of AZ was considered the stronger law school.... for like the last 40 years)... but ASU has the major advantage of being in PHX instead of Tuscon, which is why I think they have been able to a) be more selective recently in intial admits and b) game the rankings harder (just kidding on b... that doesn't have to do with PHX)..

Lawquacious

Postby Lawquacious » Sat May 26, 2012 3:45 am

iwannatransfer wrote:Would like to transfer from Arizona to Arizona State. 3.3 gpa right now which is probably just above median, still waiting on Spring grades but expect to be right around the same, hopefully better. I am curious if ASU's recent jump in the rankings will make it significantly harder to transfer. I like UofA and would rather stay, but recent family and financial concerns have made it a priority for me to try to transfer so I can live in the Phoenix area. All input welcome, Thanks

I think 3.3 is median actually, isn't it? Good luck though..

Return to “Transfers”