Stanford Transfers Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
transfer dilemma

New

Re: Stanford Transfers

Post by transfer dilemma » Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:28 pm

in_reverie wrote:Has anyone received the admissions packet or any other info?
I got the admission packet yesterday, access to symplicity today, and, when I called earlier, the woman I spoke with said they would be mailing out financial aid offers to transfers within the next couple days. Also the admissions packet comes with a T-shirt. :)

lisavj

Bronze

Post by lisavj » Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:35 pm

@Lasers, I am.

Also have the tshirt. Wore it to work. Hyped!!

Second_Law

New

Post by Second_Law » Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:36 pm

Got a ding in the mail yesterday. Top 10%, T30. Good luck to everyone else.

transferquestion123

New

Post by transferquestion123 » Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:31 pm

sorry to hear it. did your tracker update to "decision letter sent" prior to your receipt of the ding?

anonymouse2828

New

Post by anonymouse2828 » Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:10 pm

Got dinged in snail mail... sorta expecting it, but hey, I tried.

#1 at TTTT

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

lockiller

New

Post by lockiller » Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:12 pm

anonymouse2828 wrote:Got dinged in snail mail... sorta expecting it, but hey, I tried.

#1 at TTTT
Sorry, man. I will follow you. Has the status checker been changed into "Decision rendered"?

Second_Law

New

Post by Second_Law » Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:58 pm

I'm not sure what it was before the letter was sent out; I stopped checking with much frequency, so the last status I saw was "Submitted for review 6/22."

Now, it doesn't really have anything under the "Status" box. All it shows is:

Term:
Year: 2012
Program Time: Full Time Day
Degree: JD

Hope that helps.

transferpotential00

New

Post by transferpotential00 » Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:03 pm

Second_Law wrote:I'm not sure what it was before the letter was sent out; I stopped checking with much frequency, so the last status I saw was "Submitted for review 6/22."

Now, it doesn't really have anything under the "Status" box. All it shows is:

Term:
Year: 2012
Program Time: Full Time Day
Degree: JD

Hope that helps.
Wonder if that means we're still in the running if we have a status up. I still have "Submitted for review 6/20" up.

transferquestion123

New

Post by transferquestion123 » Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:15 pm

transferpotential00 wrote:Wonder if that means we're still in the running if we have a status up. I still have "Submitted for review 6/20" up.
this.

and condolences, second_law. i wonder how many people have been rejected already; maybe dean deal is just keeping a few of us around until yale releases its decisions. here's hoping that's today.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Skyblaze

New

Post by Skyblaze » Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:14 pm

Still confused as to why I haven't seen a rejection letter yet. Maybe they don't want to lick that many envelopes at once?

apparentlymargarita

New

Post by apparentlymargarita » Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:40 pm

Hey! Sorry i didn't post before, but i'm attending too! I got an acceptance email from Dean Deal on the 17th (the same day everyone else got calls - i was out of the country without a phone, but the email was just as exciting!)

Now i'm back in the US and trying to plan out the next month. Does anyone know anything about housing? I called the university's housing department and they said that the on-campus housing is full, and that it's unlikely that we'll get off the waitlist... Where are you guys looking off campus/is anyone looking for roommates? PM me if you are!
Last edited by apparentlymargarita on Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

transfer dilemma

New

Post by transfer dilemma » Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:31 pm

FYI to those in limbo: somone I spoke with at the school said they've taken 16 transfers so far, and there could potentially be 1-2 more very late in the summer. Probably waiting to see if Yale pulls any away.

Also congrats apparentlymargarita! I wish I had some advice on housing, but I'm pretty unfamiliar with the area as well.

mileslibertatis

Silver

Post by mileslibertatis » Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:35 pm

Uhh. That's ridiculous. Why would they do that to people? I might withdraw just to avoid the pain of having to deal with that.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Skyblaze

New

Post by Skyblaze » Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:11 pm

transfer dilemma wrote:FYI to those in limbo: somone I spoke with at the school said they've taken 16 transfers so far, and there could potentially be 1-2 more very late in the summer. Probably waiting to see if Yale pulls any away.

Also congrats apparentlymargarita! I wish I had some advice on housing, but I'm pretty unfamiliar with the area as well.
May I ask where your info is coming from? Someone in admissions? A student? Somewhere reliable?

Geez, well that's irritating. I think I might be in the same boat as Miles on the wirthdawl plan. I'm pretty excited about Berkeley. And I know you've posted your excited about Penn. This could get akward. How many of us are in purgatory out there?

transfer dilemma

New

Post by transfer dilemma » Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:34 pm

Skyblaze wrote:
transfer dilemma wrote:FYI to those in limbo: somone I spoke with at the school said they've taken 16 transfers so far, and there could potentially be 1-2 more very late in the summer. Probably waiting to see if Yale pulls any away.
May I ask where your info is coming from? Someone in admissions? A student? Somewhere reliable?
I can't give names. My contact has been a mole for years, deep undercover. I've already jeopardized them just putting out what I already have. Look for my follow up communication by shortwave tonight at midnight. Let me just say this information is reliable, and goes way deeper than you can even imagine.

Skyblaze

New

Post by Skyblaze » Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:36 pm

transfer dilemma wrote:
Skyblaze wrote:
I can't give names. My contact has been a mole for years, deep undercover. I've already jeopardized them just putting out what I already have. Look for my follow up communication by shortwave tonight at midnight. Let me just say this information is reliable, and goes way deeper than you can even imagine.
8) I understand agent Dilemma.

mileslibertatis

Silver

Post by mileslibertatis » Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:49 pm

Your source is obviously Dean Kramer.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Skyblaze

New

Post by Skyblaze » Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:54 pm

Current admits:

Can any of the admits let us know when their deposit deadline was? Or when the OCI bid deadline is, or when OCI itself is? Or, when the law review write-on competition begins and ends? This information could help us figure out when it makes sense to withdraw rather than wait it out in the land of unknown.

transfer dilemma

New

Post by transfer dilemma » Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:57 pm

Skyblaze wrote:Current admits:

Can any of the admits let us know when their deposit deadline was? Or when the OCI bid deadline is, or when OCI itself is? Or, when the law review write-on competition begins and ends? This information could help us figure out when it makes sense to withdraw rather than wait it out in the land of unknown.
Deposit deadling: 7/31

OCI deadline: 8/1 => Bid Results: 8/3 => OCI Proper: 8/20-8/30

SLR Write On: Started today.

Skyblaze

New

Post by Skyblaze » Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:17 pm

Any idea if "late summer" means after the OCI bid deadline? Or more relevant to me, my current school's OCI? (Aug 6th).

And after that, get off of TLS and go work on the Write-On!

Skyblaze

New

Post by Skyblaze » Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:40 pm

Maybe if a few of us e-mail them asking when final decisions might come out, mentioning the fact that we have binding OCIs coming up. Maybe if they get enough calls or e-mails this year perhaps they would reconsider their policy?

Thoughts? Or am I just being crazy?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

mileslibertatis

Silver

Post by mileslibertatis » Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:41 pm

Do it! I might just send them my "Can't wait, withdrawing" email...

Skyblaze

New

Post by Skyblaze » Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:44 pm

I already sent them an e-mail becasue my status checker isn't working, so I'll wait until they respond to that before doing anything else. (who knows, it might say decision letter sent, and we all know what that means.) If you do withdraw, maybe include some language about it being a hard spot to be in or something? If I send them an e-mail asking when decisions might be I'll post the language on here.

Skyblaze

New

Post by Skyblaze » Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:06 pm

They got back to me. Apparently I'm still complete and under review. Not going to withdraw or do anything hasty until tomorrow.

>insert witty name<

New

Post by >insert witty name< » Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:41 am

I finally got off the H/S fence, I'm coming to Stanford! Sent in my deposit check today. (Will be withdrawing from H tomorrow)

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”