GULC Transfer Class of 2014 Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
tink1

New

Re: GULC Transfer Class of 2014

Post by tink1 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:48 pm

can anyone on here tell me the current status of OCI? I just got off the wait list today (FML) and the person I spoke with in admissions says there are still some sessions of OCI coming up, although I've missed the major one. Can someone tell me what these "smaller" sessions seem like?

I already went through screening interviews at the other school I was going to transfer to, and I don't know if it's worth back-tracking and giving that up now.

jess

Post by jess » Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:09 pm

Last edited by jess on Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tink1

New

Post by tink1 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:59 pm

Jessuf wrote:
tink1 wrote:can anyone on here tell me the current status of OCI? I just got off the wait list today (FML) and the person I spoke with in admissions says there are still some sessions of OCI coming up, although I've missed the major one. Can someone tell me what these "smaller" sessions seem like?

I already went through screening interviews at the other school I was going to transfer to, and I don't know if it's worth back-tracking and giving that up now.
Well, the September Interview Program deadline is today. Barely any firms participate, and whole states are unrepresented (e.g. CA). There's Gov't Interviewing, but I don't know anything about that because I want a real SA. It's basically mass mailing at this point.

Edit: Does it really matter where you go to school for the screeners you did? The interviewers would contact you personally, not OCS, so it wouldn't really matter, I'm thinking. I highly doubt there are firms that attend GWU OCI and not GULC. Plus that would give you a reason to follow up with them with good news. There are tons of firms I interviewed with who do screeners all over the T1 but only hire from T14, so it would help and not hurt you for mass mailing.
Though the interviewers would contact me directly, it still might be awkward since GW made it clear that if you decide not to attend, they pull you out of OCI AND the attorneys I interviewed with in the screening process were all GW alums. Might make for an awkward conversation to update them with the "good news" that I'm no longer planning to attend their alma mater.

3|ink

Platinum

Post by 3|ink » Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:25 pm

Regarding the orientation on Monday, does anyone know about the parking situation? What time do we have to be there? I have literally no information on this.

GreatNorth87

New

Post by GreatNorth87 » Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:08 pm

Its from 9 to 12 and from what I gather the parking is first come, first served.

Has anyone else tried to look up first reading assignment and book lists? Most of my classes aren't listed yet or require a courseware password.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

3|ink

Platinum

Post by 3|ink » Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:03 pm

GreatNorth87 wrote:Its from 9 to 12 and from what I gather the parking is first come, first served.

Has anyone else tried to look up first reading assignment and book lists? Most of my classes aren't listed yet or require a courseware password.
Thanks. And I haven't even tried looking up my first reading assignment. I just don't want to know.

jess

Post by jess » Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:09 pm

Last edited by jess on Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Oglethorpe

New

Post by Oglethorpe » Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:42 am

Does anyone know where we are supposed to meet tomorrow?

tycoga8118

New

Post by tycoga8118 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:03 pm

Last minute I know, but I have no idea about anything regarding orientation tomorrow.
Oglethorpe wrote:Does anyone know where we are supposed to meet tomorrow?
I would also like info about this.
GreatNorth87 wrote:Its from 9 to 12 and from what I gather the parking is first come, first served.

How did you find out the times for orientation?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

3|ink

Platinum

Post by 3|ink » Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:07 pm

Jessuf wrote:where is this first come, first served parking? i haven't seen any on-campus parking except a restricted access area for (i'm assuming) faculty.
Do you mean in general or just for the orientation? Because I think the law school does have a parking garage that both students and faculty can use.

http://www.law.georgetown.edu/campus-se ... /index.cfm

ETA: Guess I should have read my own link. It says there is free parking in the McDonough Hall garage for orientation.

GreatNorth87

New

Post by GreatNorth87 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:22 am

The school's website says there is always first come first served parking for students in the garage. Gocards are done in the gym on the second floor.

GreatNorth87

New

Post by GreatNorth87 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:48 pm

Anyone know when loan disbursements are made? Also, did anyone get the message "you are not permitted to register at this time" while trying to add drop after doing an initial add drop?

jd1969a

New

Post by jd1969a » Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:52 pm

GreatNorth87 wrote:Anyone know when loan disbursements are made? Also, did anyone get the message "you are not permitted to register at this time" while trying to add drop after doing an initial add drop?
I got the "you are not permitted to register at this time" message the first time (without even getting to do an initial add/drop).

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

3|ink

Platinum

Post by 3|ink » Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:51 am

I haven't had any trouble. All I've done is claimed a waitlist, dropped one class and added another.

tim.janitor

New

Post by tim.janitor » Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:26 am

Gunna4Life

New

Post by Gunna4Life » Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:27 am

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply