The George Washington University 2012 Transfer Thread

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
User avatar
Lawst
Posts: 504
Joined: Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:02 am

Re: The George Washington University 2012 Transfer Thread

Postby Lawst » Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:22 am

Boilers9 wrote:
GodFavor2010 wrote:Anyone else still waiting to receive their PDTC?


Still waiting as well


Yep. I got an e-mail Monday saying I would be notified within 48 hours, but I've heard nothing yet.

User avatar
TTRansfer
Posts: 3796
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:08 am

Re: The George Washington University 2012 Transfer Thread

Postby TTRansfer » Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:08 pm

Lawst wrote:
Boilers9 wrote:
GodFavor2010 wrote:Anyone else still waiting to receive their PDTC?


Still waiting as well


Yep. I got an e-mail Monday saying I would be notified within 48 hours, but I've heard nothing yet.

What's funny is I got mine but never got that email.

Oh, GW...

User avatar
ben2587
Posts: 38
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:14 pm

Re: The George Washington University 2012 Transfer Thread

Postby ben2587 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:10 pm

TTRansfer wrote:
Lawst wrote:
Boilers9 wrote:
GodFavor2010 wrote:Anyone else still waiting to receive their PDTC?


Still waiting as well


Yep. I got an e-mail Monday saying I would be notified within 48 hours, but I've heard nothing yet.

What's funny is I got mine but never got that email.

Oh, GW...


Samesies.

User avatar
Lawst
Posts: 504
Joined: Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:02 am

Re: The George Washington University 2012 Transfer Thread

Postby Lawst » Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:50 pm

I just got mine, at nearly 11 p.m. - no surprises, either, so I guess they were just behind.

auds1008
Posts: 61
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:57 am

Re: The George Washington University 2012 Transfer Thread

Postby auds1008 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:54 pm

Lawst wrote:I just got mine, at nearly 11 p.m. - no surprises, either, so I guess they were just behind.


Same. Not exactly sure if I need to take civ pro 2 but I guess if it doesn't say in the note then I don't have to??

User avatar
Lawst
Posts: 504
Joined: Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:02 am

Re: The George Washington University 2012 Transfer Thread

Postby Lawst » Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:15 am

auds1008 wrote:
Lawst wrote:I just got mine, at nearly 11 p.m. - no surprises, either, so I guess they were just behind.


Same. Not exactly sure if I need to take civ pro 2 but I guess if it doesn't say in the note then I don't have to??


Mine listed the classes that I need to take at the very bottom. I think we have to take them this semester, but I'm not sure.
So, officially we can start registering on Monday, I think, but I can't find a good, comprehensive, list of what's being offered for Fall. So...I guess I'll wait until we have our counseling sessions on Tuesday.

dudders
Posts: 468
Joined: Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:56 pm

Re: The George Washington University 2012 Transfer Thread

Postby dudders » Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:44 am

Lawst wrote:
auds1008 wrote:
Lawst wrote:I just got mine, at nearly 11 p.m. - no surprises, either, so I guess they were just behind.


Same. Not exactly sure if I need to take civ pro 2 but I guess if it doesn't say in the note then I don't have to??


Mine listed the classes that I need to take at the very bottom. I think we have to take them this semester, but I'm not sure.
So, officially we can start registering on Monday, I think, but I can't find a good, comprehensive, list of what's being offered for Fall. So...I guess I'll wait until we have our counseling sessions on Tuesday.


Do you not have access to the portal yet?

dudders
Posts: 468
Joined: Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:56 pm

Re: The George Washington University 2012 Transfer Thread

Postby dudders » Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:46 am

dudders wrote:
Lawst wrote:
auds1008 wrote:
Lawst wrote:I just got mine, at nearly 11 p.m. - no surprises, either, so I guess they were just behind.


Same. Not exactly sure if I need to take civ pro 2 but I guess if it doesn't say in the note then I don't have to??


Mine listed the classes that I need to take at the very bottom. I think we have to take them this semester, but I'm not sure.
So, officially we can start registering on Monday, I think, but I can't find a good, comprehensive, list of what's being offered for Fall. So...I guess I'll wait until we have our counseling sessions on Tuesday.


Do you not have access to the portal yet?


Actually even if you don't everything is here:
--LinkRemoved--

ran12
Posts: 1003
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:28 pm

Re: The George Washington University 2012 Transfer Thread

Postby ran12 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:56 am

The best way to look at what's available is to go to the banner site banweb.gwu.edu and look up the law courses under the registration tab.

mges1321
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:29 pm

Re: The George Washington University 2012 Transfer Thread

Postby mges1321 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:20 am

Is anybody else still waiting on the PDTC?

User avatar
Lawst
Posts: 504
Joined: Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:02 am

Re: The George Washington University 2012 Transfer Thread

Postby Lawst » Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:58 am

ran12 wrote:The best way to look at what's available is to go to the banner site banweb.gwu.edu and look up the law courses under the registration tab.


Absolutely - thank you. The other links I that I had been checking were really hard to read as an overview. The GWeb section for "look up classes to add" is much easier.

anonymouse2828
Posts: 98
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:14 am

Re: The George Washington University 2012 Transfer Thread

Postby anonymouse2828 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:33 am

acw1213 wrote:Did everyone get at least some nibbles for FRP?


OCI?

got very few... I think I was bidding a bit too ambitiously though.

User avatar
TTRansfer
Posts: 3796
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:08 am

Re: The George Washington University 2012 Transfer Thread

Postby TTRansfer » Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:33 pm

What time can we register for classes on Monday?

jarofsoup
Posts: 1952
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:41 am

Re: The George Washington University 2012 Transfer Thread

Postby jarofsoup » Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:45 am

TTRansfer wrote:What time can we register for classes on Monday?



We log in to Banweb right? There is surprisingly little information about registration.

User avatar
daagermy1
Posts: 84
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:00 pm

Re: The George Washington University 2012 Transfer Thread

Postby daagermy1 » Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:36 pm

jarofsoup wrote:
TTRansfer wrote:What time can we register for classes on Monday?



We log in to Banweb right? There is surprisingly little information about registration.


Yep. Use Banweb for registration, which I believe opens at 7 am. Pretty sure that, during the add/drop period, registration is open 7 am to 10 pm daily.

ran12
Posts: 1003
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:28 pm

Re: The George Washington University 2012 Transfer Thread

Postby ran12 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:26 am

Were you guys able to register?

User avatar
Lawst
Posts: 504
Joined: Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:02 am

Re: The George Washington University 2012 Transfer Thread

Postby Lawst » Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:49 pm

ran12 wrote:Were you guys able to register?


Yep. Or at least I think I'm officially registered.
I checked to see if I now have a tuition bill and I do - schools always generate those the second you register. :D

User avatar
TTRansfer
Posts: 3796
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:08 am

Re: The George Washington University 2012 Transfer Thread

Postby TTRansfer » Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:47 pm

What are y'all taking?

JLima2
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:23 pm

Re: The George Washington University 2012 Transfer Thread

Postby JLima2 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:27 pm

I'm taking Corporations, International Sales Law, Antitrust Law, and Professional Ethics.

I'm taking a small course load to secure a good GPA, give myself time to acclimate to D.C., and not have a lot of complications for interviews/callbacks.

But now for a super serious, life-or-death question: What are you guys wearing to the FRP Orientation/Transfer Orientation tomorrow? Lol.

User avatar
crossarmant
Posts: 1116
Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:01 am

Re: The George Washington University 2012 Transfer Thread

Postby crossarmant » Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:53 pm

JLima2 wrote:But now for a super serious, life-or-death question: What are you guys wearing to the FRP Orientation/Transfer Orientation tomorrow? Lol.


How I plan on attending Orientation:
Image

JLima2
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:23 pm

Re: The George Washington University 2012 Transfer Thread

Postby JLima2 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:57 pm

Tuxedo and a "Fuck the World" attitude?

I approve.

But seriously! My orientation was all either business casual or suit and tie (sweating your ass off in Florida August heat.)

I want to do none of those things.

User avatar
queenlizzie13
Posts: 938
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:30 pm

Re: The George Washington University 2012 Transfer Thread

Postby queenlizzie13 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:02 pm

JLima2 wrote:Tuxedo and a "Fuck the World" attitude?

I approve.

But seriously! My orientation was all either business casual or suit and tie (sweating your ass off in Florida August heat.)

I want to do none of those things.

Just wear normal summer clothes but just don't wear something inappropriate or show too much skin. Jeans and a t-shirt or something.

Don't wear business casual, it is unnecessary. There might be a couple of people like that especially if they were helping out with the public interest pre-orientation where business casual is required (at least it was last year), but most everyone will just be wearing regular clothes.

JLima2
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:23 pm

Re: The George Washington University 2012 Transfer Thread

Postby JLima2 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:36 pm

Thanks, Liz. I appreciate your help!

I will maybe bump in to a bunch of you tomorrow! Look out for the awkward turtle guy that simultaneously looks excited and scared.

Hurray!

User avatar
crossarmant
Posts: 1116
Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:01 am

Re: The George Washington University 2012 Transfer Thread

Postby crossarmant » Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:56 pm

JLima2 wrote:Thanks, Liz. I appreciate your help!

I will maybe bump in to a bunch of you tomorrow! Look out for the awkward turtle guy that simultaneously looks excited and scared.

Hurray!

Is that not all of us?

User avatar
TTRansfer
Posts: 3796
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:08 am

Re: The George Washington University 2012 Transfer Thread

Postby TTRansfer » Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:05 pm

It looks like I may have class only three days a week this semester. That would be nice.




Return to “Transfers”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.