T4 to Top 25 chances?

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
lawschool0000

T4 to Top 25 chances?

Postby lawschool0000 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:52 pm

I have a 3.7 at a Tier 4 in Ohio and after first semester I'm 9/120 students, roughly in the top 7% of my class. What do you think my chances are at Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, ND, and Northwestern? I have a full ride scholarship at my school. I had a 3.6 in UGPA and 160 LSAT (not that I'm sure it even matters).

Lawquacious

Re: T4 to Top 25 chances?

Postby Lawquacious » Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:59 pm

I'm guessing you won't get any of T14, but it might be worth throwing out apps just in case. I think you have a decent shot at T20-25, but def not a lock on any. With full scholly where you are at it may not be worth transferring to T25. If you somehow did get T14 then I would go for sure, but short of that I think it is a toss up at best given your full scholly.

lawschool0000

Postby lawschool0000 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:04 pm

Thank you, I assumed that was the case for NW & Mich. The problem is, my school is in a not so desirable location in Ohio, not somewhere that I do not want to stay and practice after graduation. Hence my question of putting the applications out to Illinois, Indiana, and ND. But yes its a huge risk giving up my scholarship for a "chance" to move away from Ohio. Do you think that Illinois, Indiana, ND would give me significantly better career options worth the 90K in additional tuition?? Or do you think I could get a decent job in Chicago (I know not NYC or DC) with top grades at my current school??

TTRansfer

Postby TTRansfer » Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:11 pm

It looks like the T4s are even struggling to get into GW EA. I would say that you would do well from schools ranked, say, 30th on down. I think it's kind of arbitrary for schools to exclude T4 transfers as some seemingly due (curves are MUCH harsher which would generally mean that the top students worked their asses off).

Return to “Transfers”