Law Review ans transfering

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Extension_Cord

Law Review ans transfering

Postby Extension_Cord » Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:51 pm

Can you be on law review at the school you transfer to? I know my school does write ons, but the write on competition will be finished by the time anyone could transfer in. I was wondering if this was the norm.

Also, when do people really start preparing to transfer, i.e. collect LOR's, prepare PS, send apps?

NYC Law

Re: Law Review ans transfering

Postby NYC Law » Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:53 pm

Depends on the school. Most schools' transfer websites state whether transfer students may participate in journals and oci. You may have to participate in the main writing competition (before you even apply or are admitted), or they may have a separate writing competition for transfer students.

mileslibertatis

Re: Law Review ans transfering

Postby mileslibertatis » Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:09 pm

I've done some looking in to this as well. You have to look at each individual school and find the procedure for writing on (or otherwise competing). Some schools (e.g., NYU) have a separate contest for transfers, some (e.g., Harvard) require transfers to compete in the same competition as their current students.

Return to “Transfers”