Overlapping LR Write-On Dates

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
ust2008

Overlapping LR Write-On Dates

Postby ust2008 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:20 pm

My school's law review write-on competition is the week after finals. One of the schools I plan on sending a transfer application to (and likely the school where I have the greatest chance of admission) has their competition during the same week.

Given the uncertainty of transfer admissions, I intend to complete my current school's competition. My question is whether anyone has attempted to do two competitions concurrently? It sounds a little crazy to me, but I figured if anyone had given it a shot, they'd likely be on TLS.

Thanks.

Coolgrnmen

Re: Overlapping LR Write-On Dates

Postby Coolgrnmen » Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:17 pm

ust2008 wrote:My school's law review write-on competition is the week after finals. One of the schools I plan on sending a transfer application to (and likely the school where I have the greatest chance of admission) has their competition during the same week.

Given the uncertainty of transfer admissions, I intend to complete my current school's competition. My question is whether anyone has attempted to do two competitions concurrently? It sounds a little crazy to me, but I figured if anyone had given it a shot, they'd likely be on TLS.

Thanks.

Sounds like what Columbia did for write-ons...I'm really glad the school I transferred to had a separate write-on competition for transfers in August.

Good luck!

quiver

Re: Overlapping LR Write-On Dates

Postby quiver » Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:49 pm

ust2008 wrote:My school's law review write-on competition is the week after finals. One of the schools I plan on sending a transfer application to (and likely the school where I have the greatest chance of admission) has their competition during the same week.

Thanks.
That would be super ballsy. One write-on competition is horrible enough, two write-ons is utterly terrible, and two concurrent write-ons is bordering suicidal. Not only is there a concern that splitting your efforts would decrease the quality of your submissions in both write-ons, but you don't even have second semester grades yet and therefore, if your grades fall, you'll be doing that transfer write-on for nothing. I would choose one, but it's your decision.

Return to “Transfers”