Chances at HLS?

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.

Chances at HLS?

Postby TransferApp1234 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:44 pm

Hey All - I'm just floating the idea of transferring and was wondering if I had a legitimate shot at getting in at HLS. I know there is a lot of unknowns in this process, and I know a lot will have to do with my second semester grades. I ended first semester with a 3.7 and a Book Award. I'm currently at a school ranked in the 20s. I'm worried that even talking about transferring to professors will have adverse effects. I'm also worried that I would be out of the running for Law Review if I submit a transfer application. These seem like too big of risks to take if I don't have a legitimate shot.

Any advice would be great.

Richie Tenenbaum

Re: Chances at HLS?

Postby Richie Tenenbaum » Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:48 pm

This thread is useless without knowing 1) school (or school range) and 2) class rank (or estimate).

As for law review: Most schools require you do the write on. You would do the write-on before you know if you got accepted or not. As for professors, that will vary. If there are any professors that you have gone to to ask for career advice, they might realize it is in your best interest to transfer (i.e., you go to UCLA and you want academia).

concurrent fork

Re: Chances at HLS?

Postby concurrent fork » Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:00 pm

OP said he/she is at a T30. Generally you need to be within the top 5% of your class to be competitive. The higher the better (obv).

Return to “Transfers”