T30 to UF?

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
NYC Law

T30 to UF?

Postby NYC Law » Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:29 am

What rank do you guys think would be needed to go from a T30 to UF/FSU?

Currently top 5%, though I wouldn't be surprised if I drop to the 33-50% range, or even worse. I've missed a fair amount of classes and have little-to-no interest in my current classes. I still somewhat want a JD, but I want to get it for as cheap as possible (hence the transfer to UF/FSU, where I should still be in-state). And I just want to be closer to home - in FL. I'll also probably apply to Duke and Vandy in the event I do maintain a top 10-20% rank.

arigoldwannabe

Re: T30 to UF?

Postby arigoldwannabe » Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:33 am

NYC Law wrote:What rank do you guys think would be needed to go from a T30 to UF/FSU?

Currently top 5%, though I wouldn't be surprised if I drop to the 33-50% range, or even worse. I've missed a fair amount of classes and have little-to-no interest in my current classes. I still somewhat want a JD, but I want to get it for as cheap as possible (hence the transfer to UF/FSU, where I should still be in-state). And I just want to be closer to home - in FL. I'll also probably apply to Duke and Vandy in the event I do maintain a top 10-20% rank.

I bet my life savings top third would get you fsu. Our transfer class is quite large. Most of them come from the FL Coastals of the world. My buddy came from Coastal with top 15%. I know one girl transferred from W & L, but im not exactly sure where she was in her class.

If you want a cheap JD and a good time, come to FSU. Things are chill in Tally.

johansantana21

Postby johansantana21 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:49 am

/humblebrag

ilovesf

Postby ilovesf » Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:05 pm

johansantana21 wrote:/humblebrag

stop posting useless stuff in the transfer forum. NYC LAW wants to transfer and was asking a legit question.

LSATmakesMeNeurotic

Postby LSATmakesMeNeurotic » Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:12 pm

I'm not sure how big our transfer class is every year (I could ask the admissions office for you if you want) but this was pulled off of the UF website:

"All transfer candidates are required to be in good standing at their current institution and their academic ranks should be in the upper third or higher after completion of the required first-year, full-time curriculum."

I'm sure that your rank (as it stands now) is enough to get you in.

Lord Randolph McDuff

Postby Lord Randolph McDuff » Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:58 am

NYC: I remember you on the Cornell wait list from last year. Glad you didn't get in there.. you'd be in even more of a hole.

Yeah I think you are asking a very mature question. Transferring from your school to UF should be easy. How much would it save you? Not even going to ask you if you had $$$ at UF last year...

Gotta ask because of your name-- what did you not like about NYC? Top 1/3 from your school isn't a bad position for NYC, but if you don't want big law then you gotta get out of there.

JoeFish

Postby JoeFish » Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:23 am

I wish Pennsylvania had something between UPenn and Temple. I kind of want to be a lot closer to home, and really hope to kill it this semester, jump the three people between me and top 5%, and have a good shot for at least one of Columbia, NYU, or Penn. But if things don't go as planned, it'd be nice to lateral to an hour or two from home, get in-state, and start working connections there. But I'm not sliding down to Beasley to do it.

Homesick though :(

So, takeaway: OP, I feel ya'.

jessuf

Postby jessuf » Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:44 pm

Someone outside the top 25% (unsure of exact rank) at my school just got into FSU early decision even though their website says they consider top 10% for EA. Sounds promising for you!

TTRansfer

Postby TTRansfer » Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:50 pm

Just don't draw swastikas and racist shit on your essay and you should be OK.

axxu_06

Postby axxu_06 » Sat May 05, 2012 9:13 am

I know FSU has conditional acceptance for Fall 2012. If I were you, I'd apply right now.

CanadianWolf

Postby CanadianWolf » Sat May 05, 2012 9:46 am

OP: Interesting turn of events. In January you were targeting Columbia & NYU while considering EDing to Chicago. What happened ?

As a Florida resident, top third should be adequate to get you into FSU from Fordham. For Florida, my best guess is that top 25% would do it.

Law Student 1234

Postby Law Student 1234 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:43 pm

So I have applied to fsu for fall of 2013 and was wondering what you guys thought my chances were. Top 30% (90/300) at Barry. 2.826 gpa. I have also already applied to the Florida bar and got cleared which i guess can show them that I intend to take the Florida bar (not sure if that helps but its something I guess.

gortega86

Postby gortega86 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:07 pm

I think you have a decent chance. Many applications that are coming from your same tier with higher ranks are getting accepted to better schools than FSU. They take many transfer students, so I would say you have a decent shot.

Law Student 1234

Postby Law Student 1234 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:13 pm

gortega86 wrote:I think you have a decent chance. Many applications that are coming from your same tier with higher ranks are getting accepted to better schools than FSU. They take many transfer students, so I would say you have a decent shot.

Thanks!! I sure hope so. I think I've got a slightly better chance with florida state than UF but we will see.

Return to “Transfers”