Letter of good standing sent directly... Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
RR320

New

Letter of good standing sent directly...

Post by RR320 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:57 pm

I have only applied to two schools for transfer so far. I requested my letters of good standing be placed in my student mailbox, so I could mail them out myself. One school got it in like 2 days and processed my application. I just got an e-mail from the other school today saying that the letter has to be sent directly from my law school and that I was not allowed to send it. Anyone else ever have this problem?

melanne89

Bronze

Re: Letter of good standing sent directly...

Post by melanne89 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:07 am

RR320 wrote:I have only applied to two schools for transfer so far. I requested my letters of good standing be placed in my student mailbox, so I could mail them out myself. One school got it in like 2 days and processed my application. I just got an e-mail from the other school today saying that the letter has to be sent directly from my law school and that I was not allowed to send it. Anyone else ever have this problem?

Yes, I have. UC Hastings made me have it sent directly from my school, while UC Davis was ok with me mailing it myself as long as it was official (signed by the dean and on the school's letterhead). It just depends, but I know for a fact they will not make your file complete (as in give you a decision) until you get them what they want. Just have your school send one directly.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”