Procedure for LORS Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
howdypumpkin

New

Procedure for LORS

Post by howdypumpkin » Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:16 pm

Hey guys, I was wondering what the procedure for submitting LORs is. I have two professors who are willing to write them, but I didn't know if there are forms on the LSAC website or the schools' websites that I should be sending to the professors. Is it the same process as the regular admissions LORs? I know the applications aren't available yet, but if the professors are willing to write them now, what should I do? I am interested in transferring to NYU and Columbia, just in case anyone had experience with those schools in particular.
Thanks

Br3v

Gold

Re: Procedure for LORS

Post by Br3v » Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:18 pm

howdypumpkin wrote:Hey guys, I was wondering what the procedure for submitting LORs is. I have two professors who are willing to write them, but I didn't know if there are forms on the LSAC website or the schools' websites that I should be sending to the professors. Is it the same process as the regular admissions LORs? I know the applications aren't available yet, but if the professors are willing to write them now, what should I do? I am interested in transferring to NYU and Columbia, just in case anyone had experience with those schools in particular.
Thanks
Sign into your lsac account, click on LoR section, read.

howdypumpkin

New

Post by howdypumpkin » Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:25 pm

thanks, i never was good with step by step directions

susancollins

New

Post by susancollins » Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:45 am

i wanted to know more about LORS and procedure used for LORS.

Br3v

Gold

Post by Br3v » Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:45 am

Br3v wrote:
howdypumpkin wrote:Hey guys, I was wondering what the procedure for submitting LORs is. I have two professors who are willing to write them, but I didn't know if there are forms on the LSAC website or the schools' websites that I should be sending to the professors. Is it the same process as the regular admissions LORs? I know the applications aren't available yet, but if the professors are willing to write them now, what should I do? I am interested in transferring to NYU and Columbia, just in case anyone had experience with those schools in particular.
Thanks
Sign into your lsac account, click on LoR section, read.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”