Asking for LOR now

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
secretaryoftaste

Asking for LOR now

Postby secretaryoftaste » Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:18 pm

Would it be alright to ask for a LOR from a prof now even though the exam for his/her class isn't for another month? I'm dead set on transferring for personal reasons (which I'd obviously mention when asking for the LOR) and don't want to wait until the summer to ask for a LOR as I won't be around the school after my last exam.

Mce252

Re: Asking for LOR now

Postby Mce252 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:21 pm

secretaryoftaste wrote:Would it be alright to ask for a LOR from a prof now even though the exam for his/her class isn't for another month? I'm dead set on transferring for personal reasons (which I'd obviously mention when asking for the LOR) and don't want to wait until the summer to ask for a LOR as I won't be around the school after my last exam.

I don't think there is any protocol that says you can't but it's likely to be a mediocre letter at best.

Lasers

Postby Lasers » Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:30 am

secretaryoftaste wrote:Would it be alright to ask for a LOR from a prof now even though the exam for his/her class isn't for another month? I'm dead set on transferring for personal reasons (which I'd obviously mention when asking for the LOR) and don't want to wait until the summer to ask for a LOR as I won't be around the school after my last exam.

did you have different teachers from first semester? wouldn't it be better to ask one of them?

secretaryoftaste

Postby secretaryoftaste » Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:35 pm

Lasers wrote:

did you have different teachers from first semester? wouldn't it be better to ask one of them?

Yeah, I did this. Problem solved. :oops:

Return to “Transfers”