Transferring from cooley Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
kaiser

Gold

Re: Transferring from cooley

Post by kaiser » Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:46 pm

I have a number of LSAT students who end up with a 150 (though they started with a 130 or 140-something), and are content with it. They specifically tell me that their end goal is to go to law school no matter what. I share with them the info they need to make an informed decision, talk about the bimodal salary distribution of the industry, and even do an analysis of school employment stats to poke holes in them. I tell them that I am not being a downer, but just helping them make an informed decision. They don't get offended or tell me I am wrong, but I usually get the feeling that they aren't taking the information to heart. But at that point I don't feel guilty because I was as bluntly honest as I can be, and they now have the full slate of info in front of them.

kaiser

Gold

Post by kaiser » Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:48 pm

AriGoldButNicer wrote:
kaiser wrote:
AriGoldButNicer wrote:Yeah ive given up. I've tutored the LSAT to some people and those who start sub-140 are all screwed. They dream of law school, so when they improve to a 150 they stop studying, stop tutoring to save money as they've already jit their goal, secure a TTTT at sticker and I assume wind up poor and in profound debt. They are pointed to this website but ignore it. When you gain experience seeing how many of the tier 4 bunch ignore and even become hostile to anyone who questions their retarded game plan, you start to I wouldn't say empathize with the NY Law Schools of the world, but understand it isn't their fault. They'd fill up even if they were honest wth their stats. The TTTT is to college kids what the ab-belt is to fat people.
Love this
Now i should disclose idk if the ab belt works or not. I just only see fat people with it.... And the logic behind it doesn't make sense. It makes u uncomfortable so u sweat more when u run or do crunches, but wouldn't this also make u do less crunches?
Lol, the point of the ab belt is that you don't have to do crunches at all (what better marketing when trying to get fat people to buy a weight loss program or product?). It just does some quick vibrations that supposedly stimulate the ab muscles. So fat people will just sit on the couch watching TV, or walking down the street, having their abs constantly stimulated by this belt, thinking it is equivalent to actually doing crunches or any other equivalent ab exercise.

romothesavior

Diamond

Post by romothesavior » Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:52 pm

OP, your friend may be able to transfer to some other terrible TTT/TTTT, but he really needs to drop out. He's so screwed.

AriGoldButNicer

Bronze

Post by AriGoldButNicer » Sat Mar 17, 2012 2:04 pm

I don't feel guilty because I was honest with him, and the people I tutored but look at the people on this site who went to TTT and TTTT with a few exceptions. Have they ever siad, "you guys were right." No, they associate u with the same law schools they lost their lives at, hate and are jealous. Morally, obv being honest is sufficient, but beig hated is less than ideal. Conversely, if u meet with a student and are honest about their potential and legal prospects, they'll get very angry-possibly write a bad review, etc. It's very much a don't care about others or get lost kind of thing, which defeats the pt of tutoring.

NomNom

Bronze

Post by NomNom » Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:13 am

Top 40%?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

AffordablePrep

Bronze

Post by AffordablePrep » Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:24 am

NomNom wrote:Top 40%?
as in out of every 10, he's 4th best.

NomNom

Bronze

Post by NomNom » Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:37 am

AffordablePrep wrote: