Chicago Transfer ED 2012

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
canesfan1986
Posts: 443
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:28 pm

Re: Chicago Transfer ED 2012

Postby canesfan1986 » Tue May 15, 2012 6:07 pm

I'm a 5/9-5/15 date changer too. Let the endless speculation begin!

jarofsoup
Posts: 1952
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:41 am

Re: Chicago Transfer ED 2012

Postby jarofsoup » Tue May 15, 2012 6:20 pm

changed I think it is a defer.

2transferornot
Posts: 89
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:11 pm

Re: Chicago Transfer ED 2012

Postby 2transferornot » Tue May 15, 2012 6:20 pm

canesfan1986 wrote:I'm a 5/9-5/15 date changer too. Let the endless speculation begin!

+1. I think the decisions have been made! We should know soon enough.

canesfan1986
Posts: 443
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:28 pm

Re: Chicago Transfer ED 2012

Postby canesfan1986 » Tue May 15, 2012 6:26 pm

jarofsoup wrote:changed I think it is a defer.


Or maybe they made decisions and some people will get in and some won't. No one here knows.

2transferornot
Posts: 89
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:11 pm

Re: Chicago Transfer ED 2012

Postby 2transferornot » Tue May 15, 2012 6:28 pm

Correct me if I am wrong, but I think Chi defers only those who have a real chance of making it at RD right? They also outright reject many if not most? I hope I just get dinged (or get in of course) rather than get deferred. That way I'll just stay put at my current school.

User avatar
tedalbany
Posts: 1697
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:15 pm

Re: Chicago Transfer ED 2012

Postby tedalbany » Tue May 15, 2012 6:42 pm

Updated to 5/15 as well ... I don't think anyone can guess anything off that, we're all just entering second review, should get a decision this week or next.

IsTheFatLadySinging
Posts: 179
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:06 am

Re: Chicago Transfer ED 2012

Postby IsTheFatLadySinging » Tue May 15, 2012 8:13 pm

Based on Gtown's status updates in 2011, based off an empirical study of status changes in the past 20 years of odd numbered schools, and based on empirical study of status changes in the past 16 years at even ranked schools it is highly likely the school made a decision on your application*. Your odds (based on the above mentioned studies) are as follows,

Acceptance: 10%
Rejected: 88%
Deferred: 2%

*Still needs citation

2transferornot
Posts: 89
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:11 pm

Re: Chicago Transfer ED 2012

Postby 2transferornot » Tue May 15, 2012 8:18 pm

IsTheFatLadySinging wrote:Based on Gtown's status updates in 2011, based off an empirical study of status changes in the past 20 years of odd numbered schools, and based on empirical study of status changes in the past 16 years at even ranked schools it is highly likely the school made a decision on your application*. Your odds (based on the above mentioned studies) are as follows,

Acceptance: 10%
Rejected: 88%
Deferred: 2%

*Still needs citation


Wow, you've got be pretty damn good to get deferred, eh? :lol:

IsTheFatLadySinging
Posts: 179
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:06 am

Re: Chicago Transfer ED 2012

Postby IsTheFatLadySinging » Tue May 15, 2012 8:34 pm

2transferornot wrote:
IsTheFatLadySinging wrote:Based on Gtown's status updates in 2011, based off an empirical study of status changes in the past 20 years of odd numbered schools, and based on empirical study of status changes in the past 16 years at even ranked schools it is highly likely the school made a decision on your application*. Your odds (based on the above mentioned studies) are as follows,

Acceptance: 10%
Rejected: 88%
Deferred: 2%

*Still needs citation


Wow, you've got be pretty damn good to get deferred, eh? :lol:


They only defer the best! It's math

jarofsoup
Posts: 1952
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:41 am

Re: Chicago Transfer ED 2012

Postby jarofsoup » Thu May 17, 2012 10:48 am

Updates? Shouldn't we hear back a bit later this year since the deadlines were pushed back?

JcM_LAW
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:24 pm

Re: Chicago Transfer ED 2012

Postby JcM_LAW » Thu May 17, 2012 8:54 pm

does everyone else have a line in the "fees" box for class deposit? I'm not sure if i just never noticed it before or it is new. Im still "under review."

User avatar
tedalbany
Posts: 1697
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:15 pm

Re: Chicago Transfer ED 2012

Postby tedalbany » Thu May 17, 2012 9:04 pm

JcM_LAW wrote:does everyone else have a line in the "fees" box for class deposit? I'm not sure if i just never noticed it before or it is new. Im still "under review."


Yeah, I'm pretty sure that was always there

JcM_LAW
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:24 pm

Re: Chicago Transfer ED 2012

Postby JcM_LAW » Thu May 17, 2012 9:52 pm

tedalbany wrote:
JcM_LAW wrote:does everyone else have a line in the "fees" box for class deposit? I'm not sure if i just never noticed it before or it is new. Im still "under review."


Yeah, I'm pretty sure that was always there


that's what i figured... The wait is killer

2transferornot
Posts: 89
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:11 pm

Re: Chicago Transfer ED 2012

Postby 2transferornot » Thu May 17, 2012 9:55 pm

But see, there is such a low probability of making it here. Even so, foolishly, I'm just waiting for the deny/ defer confirmation to proceed on a couple of things...

jarofsoup
Posts: 1952
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:41 am

Re: Chicago Transfer ED 2012

Postby jarofsoup » Thu May 17, 2012 10:37 pm

I am just waiting for a deny.

IsTheFatLadySinging
Posts: 179
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:06 am

Re: Chicago Transfer ED 2012

Postby IsTheFatLadySinging » Thu May 17, 2012 11:25 pm

jarofsoup wrote:I am just waiting for a deny.


This.

yabuddy
Posts: 79
Joined: Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:16 pm

Re: Chicago Transfer ED 2012

Postby yabuddy » Sun May 20, 2012 12:45 pm

Are you guys filling out apps for other schools, and writing other personal statements?

I'm pretty sure I'll get denied/deferred, but I hate to waste my time doing that stuff if by some miracle I end up getting in.

heeloftar
Posts: 99
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:45 am

Re: Chicago Transfer ED 2012

Postby heeloftar » Mon May 21, 2012 5:50 pm

yabuddy wrote:Are you guys filling out apps for other schools, and writing other personal statements?

I'm pretty sure I'll get denied/deferred, but I hate to waste my time doing that stuff if by some miracle I end up getting in.


Yerrrp. I'm a long-shot at best, so I'm acting as if it's a denial. Speaking of denials, you think we will be updated tomorrow? (a week from the 5/15 update)

JcM_LAW
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:24 pm

Re: Chicago Transfer ED 2012

Postby JcM_LAW » Mon May 21, 2012 6:17 pm

yabuddy wrote:Are you guys filling out apps for other schools, and writing other personal statements?

I'm pretty sure I'll get denied/deferred, but I hate to waste my time doing that stuff if by some miracle I end up getting in.


not after spring grades.... If I do get in, I hope they don't revoke.

2transferornot
Posts: 89
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:11 pm

Re: Chicago Transfer ED 2012

Postby 2transferornot » Tue May 22, 2012 4:37 pm

Wow this is boring.

grok123
Posts: 42
Joined: Wed May 02, 2012 8:08 pm

Re: Chicago Transfer ED 2012

Postby grok123 » Tue May 22, 2012 4:37 pm

Agreed

2transferornot
Posts: 89
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:11 pm

Re: Chicago Transfer ED 2012

Postby 2transferornot » Wed May 23, 2012 8:16 pm

Maybe no one who got called this year is on this forum? Naah, but the ding emails go out soon after I guess.

canesfan1986
Posts: 443
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:28 pm

Re: Chicago Transfer ED 2012

Postby canesfan1986 » Thu May 24, 2012 11:58 am

I just updated to 5/24. Anyone else?

heeloftar
Posts: 99
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:45 am

Re: Chicago Transfer ED 2012

Postby heeloftar » Thu May 24, 2012 12:00 pm

canesfan1986 wrote:I just updated to 5/24. Anyone else?


Yup

2transferornot
Posts: 89
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:11 pm

Re: Chicago Transfer ED 2012

Postby 2transferornot » Thu May 24, 2012 12:07 pm

heeloftar wrote:
canesfan1986 wrote:I just updated to 5/24. Anyone else?


Yup

+1




Return to “Transfers”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.