UT Transfer

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Aldenita

UT Transfer

Postby Aldenita » Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:24 am

I'm currently at a T40 in the top 20% and hoping to improve my grades this semester. I went to UT for undergrad and really want to go back. I know they don't take a lot of transfers, but what do y'all think I need to have a shot at getting in?

InnocuousDiatribe

Re: UT Transfer

Postby InnocuousDiatribe » Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:09 pm

Optimistic, I'd say top 10-15% (probably closer to 10%) AND Texas ties. UT probably takes maybe 10 transfers/year. Last year, I think 3 of those came from UH.

Coolgrnmen

Postby Coolgrnmen » Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:44 pm

Aldenita wrote:I'm currently at a T40 in the top 20% and hoping to improve my grades this semester. I went to UT for undergrad and really want to go back. I know they don't take a lot of transfers, but what do y'all think I need to have a shot at getting in?

UT has a policy where they only accept transfers who could have made the original admissions, theoretically.

I just learned an 0L friend of mine was accepted with UT undergrad, ok GPA, and a 161 LSAT...she was the exception to the rule, but don't let UT's policy discourage you from applying.

With that said, shoot for top 10-15%...the higher the better.

Aldenita

Postby Aldenita » Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:01 pm

I was rejected the first time I applied and I had a 161 and a 3.93. No hope?

InnocuousDiatribe

Postby InnocuousDiatribe » Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:10 am

Aldenita wrote:I was rejected the first time I applied and I had a 161 and a 3.93. No hope?

Oh no. There's definitely hope. Just have to work your butt off and try to land in the top 10%. If you can do that, acquire some excellent letters of recommendation, and push your Texas ties, you should stand a pretty competitive chance.

Aldenita

Postby Aldenita » Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:06 pm

Thank you! Does anyone else have any advice?

Coolgrnmen

Postby Coolgrnmen » Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:40 pm

Aldenita wrote:Thank you! Does anyone else have any advice?

Def. have hope...keep up the good work and get in top 10%

Return to “Transfers”