Top Tier 2 20%, hopefully ending in top 15% Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
hallet

New

Top Tier 2 20%, hopefully ending in top 15%

Post by hallet » Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:50 pm

I've been considering transferring for better job prospects. I was wondering if anyone has successfully transferred to GW, Fordham, BU, UCLA or any other school in the 20's. Anyone have any advice?

opX

Bronze

Re: Top Tier 2 20%, hopefully ending in top 15%

Post by opX » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:05 pm

Your school's rank matters here. GL

quiver

Silver

Post by quiver » Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:04 pm

hallet wrote:Anyone have any advice?
I don't know what you're looking for with this question. Obviously get the best grades you can to increase your chances of a successful transfer and ask for LORs early.

hallet

New

Post by hallet » Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:30 pm

Sorry, I should have been more specific. I'm looking for anybody who has had a similar experience to mine (top 20% from a school ranked in the high 50's), and has successfully transferred up. Whether it is worth a transfer to jump 20-30 spots in ranking? I was looking at Fordham, BU and UCLA specifically, so if anyone has had a similar experience to that, any information would be great.

opX

Bronze

Post by opX » Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:38 pm

cant help you, but know that fordham takes less then 10 people generally and has rejected people who got into NYU. GL!

Coolgrnmen

Bronze

Post by Coolgrnmen » Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:55 am

hallet wrote:I've been considering transferring for better job prospects. I was wondering if anyone has successfully transferred to GW, Fordham, BU, UCLA or any other school in the 20's. Anyone have any advice?
http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 7&t=177256

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”