WUSTL EA Thread

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
crossarmant

WUSTL EA Thread

Postby crossarmant » Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:52 pm

I just sent in an EA app to WUSTL, anyone else giving it a try for WUSTL?

TTRansfer

Re: WUSTL EA Thread

Postby TTRansfer » Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:46 am

May send in an app just for the sake of it. I could use it to negotiate a scholarship where I am currently at if I stay.

Reprisal

Postby Reprisal » Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:28 pm

TTRansfer wrote:May send in an app just for the sake of it. I could use it to negotiate a scholarship where I am currently at if I stay.

LOL no, they're going to tell you to fuck right off if you try that

crossarmant

Postby crossarmant » Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:03 pm

Reprisal wrote:
TTRansfer wrote:May send in an app just for the sake of it. I could use it to negotiate a scholarship where I am currently at if I stay.

Yeah, that's the general feeling I get from the idea for anyone arguing for scholarship money with a transfer admission; especially if you already have some scholarship money. Either ways, I think taking WUSTL over a low TT (Unless at full ride) would probably be a better idea.

Coolgrnmen

Postby Coolgrnmen » Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:57 pm

crossarmant wrote:
Reprisal wrote:

Yeah, that's the general feeling I get from the idea for anyone arguing for scholarship money with a transfer admission; especially if you already have some scholarship money. Either ways, I think taking WUSTL over a low TT (Unless at full ride) would probably be a better idea.

To counter this...NYLS offered to meet with me to convince me to stay (it was in response to me informing the registrar I was transferring). It was a meeting with the Dean (Matasar).

Some of my friends actually took the offer to go to a one on one meeting and were asked if money was an issue. Two of them said no and one said yes. The one that said yes was offered 25% scholly. They were paying sticker.

They still ended up transferring, but you might be able to get scholly.

jessuf

Postby jessuf » Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:13 am

I was offered a full-ride scholarship after submitting a transcript request to the registrar. It happens at some schools. I don't have any experience with seeking out a scholarship, though.

crossarmant

Postby crossarmant » Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:48 am

Coolgrnmen wrote:To counter this...NYLS offered to meet with me to convince me to stay (it was in response to me informing the registrar I was transferring). It was a meeting with the Dean (Matasar).

Some of my friends actually took the offer to go to a one on one meeting and were asked if money was an issue. Two of them said no and one said yes. The one that said yes was offered 25% scholly. They were paying sticker.

They still ended up transferring, but you might be able to get scholly.

It's probably a different story with NYLS. 1) They're private so they've probably got more money to throw at scholarships than my state-school, 2) They hemorrhage students throw the transfer system, losing a lot more than they take in. I imagine TT's and state schools are going to be significantly less likely to offer full-rides, though I am jealous of those who get that offer.

crossarmant

Postby crossarmant » Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:30 pm

FYI: Last year, looks like decisions were handed down on April 8th. So, we've got about a month.

Edit: Complete today

crossarmant

Postby crossarmant » Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:29 pm

I think they've started reviewing applications now. I got an email from admissions about not having properly filled out the character & fitness section; so I'm just assuming from that, that they are finally looking over the apps.

crossarmant

Postby crossarmant » Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:49 am

I'm assuming from thread activity, not a lot of people here threw in apps...

But IN

School: TT (80-100 range)
GPA: 3.57
No rank, but through TLS calculator 8-12%
WE: 2 years in Legal Field
Summer job at state AG

With my GW acceptance I'll likely be withdrawing, even though looking at WUSTL's library gives me a huge desire to attend.

jessuf

Postby jessuf » Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:35 pm

Deferred this morning.

Already posted my stats in the GWU thread, I think but:

T3
Top 1%
3.8xx GPA
Law review
2 LORs from professors whose classes I booked
Fed. Dist. judge summer internship, also working with a small law firm

T3 curse strikes again. Yay?

Coolgrnmen

Postby Coolgrnmen » Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:31 am

Jessuf wrote:Deferred this morning.

T3
Top 1%
3.8xx GPA
Law review

They may be doing you a favor by deferring. I doubt GW or WUSTL get a lot of 1%ers that accept offers from them...so they probably don't bother...I like elipses...

TatteredDignity

Postby TatteredDignity » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:44 pm

As a WUSTL 1L, I ask this out of genuine curiosity: what is motivating you to transfer here? Is our OCI vastly superior to yours, such that being at the top of the class at your school will get you less than being a faceless transfer here?

crossarmant

Postby crossarmant » Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:03 am

TatteredDignity wrote:As a WUSTL 1L, I ask this out of genuine curiosity: what is motivating you to transfer here? Is our OCI vastly superior to yours, such that being at the top of the class at your school will get you less than being a faceless transfer here?

Yes, it is. My current school is taking a steep drop in the rankings, the placement is sinking, etc. WUSTL's placement is a lot better. However, I'm probably going to turn down WUSTL, put a deposit for GW and hold my breath for some T14 acceptances.

concurrent fork

Postby concurrent fork » Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:07 am

Coolgrnmen wrote:
Jessuf wrote:Deferred this morning.

T3
Top 1%
3.8xx GPA
Law review

They may be doing you a favor by deferring. I doubt GW or WUSTL get a lot of 1%ers that accept offers from them...so they probably don't bother...I like elipses...

This. You will easily net some T14s come RD time.

Return to “Transfers”