USC Early Decision Transfer Program

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
jessuf

Re: USC Early Decision Transfer Program

Postby jessuf » Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:23 pm

Lasers wrote:i wouldn't be surprised if they deferred a lot of EA non-binding applications to the regular decision pool.

I think this is what will happen. I have no idea how many people will apply EA since it is new and there wasn't much advance warning. However, since their previous transfer classes were so small, I can't see them accepting very many people EA.

lawschoolproblems86

Postby lawschoolproblems86 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:09 pm

Lasers wrote:i wouldn't be surprised if they deferred a lot of EA non-binding applications to the regular decision pool.

Why non-binding applicants? Are you assuming all binding applicants will be accepted or that they will be dismissed as no longer interested?

jarofsoup

Postby jarofsoup » Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:14 pm

Submitted and "Application Complete." I also did ED non binding saving myself for second semester grades or an ED at Chicago.

I would be happy at USC over my current school though.

Lasers

Postby Lasers » Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:32 pm

lawschoolproblems86 wrote:

Why non-binding applicants? Are you assuming all binding applicants will be accepted or that they will be dismissed as no longer interested?

i suppose they would also defer binding applicants as well, actually.

thelibear

Postby thelibear » Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:50 pm

I applied ED binding...I'll let you all know if/when I hear anything! I wonder how fast they will turn around decisions?

Lasers

Postby Lasers » Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:02 pm

thelibear wrote:I applied ED binding...I'll let you all know if/when I hear anything! I wonder how fast they will turn around decisions?

they said may 1st is the deadline for responses; so likely mid to late april.

thelibear

Postby thelibear » Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:33 pm

Guess I will be waiting for awhile, then!

jessuf

Postby jessuf » Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:40 pm

I went complete super fast. Hoping it's because there aren't as many people applying EA due to lack of awareness (and not because the admissions office is on top of things) :mrgreen:

Lasers

Postby Lasers » Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:19 pm

Jessuf wrote:I went complete super fast. Hoping it's because there aren't as many people applying EA due to lack of awareness (and not because the admissions office is on top of things) :mrgreen:

how do you know if you're complete or not?

i sent in my transcript already and am waiting to send in my app when my LOR is received by LSAC.

Mce252

Postby Mce252 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:21 pm

Lasers wrote:
Jessuf wrote:I went complete super fast. Hoping it's because there aren't as many people applying EA due to lack of awareness (and not because the admissions office is on top of things) :mrgreen:

how do you know if you're complete or not?

i sent in my transcript already and am waiting to send in my app when my LOR is received by LSAC.

Status checker. They'll send yours when you send your LSAC app.

Lasers

Postby Lasers » Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:57 am

damn, i don't think i'll make the deadline. my LOR has not been processed by LSAC still; sent over a week ago. only thing holding me up...and i don't think it gets processed in time.

Mce252

Postby Mce252 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:23 am

Lasers wrote:damn, i don't think i'll make the deadline. my LOR has not been processed by LSAC still; sent over a week ago. only thing holding me up...and i don't think it gets processed in time.

Once it uploads, it only takes moments for the school to receive everything from LSAC. You can definitely still make it as long as everything else is there.

lawschoolproblems86

Postby lawschoolproblems86 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:26 pm

I'm in the same boat. My professor faxed my LOR last Thursday and it's still not posted. From my experience faxing is usually super fast (my undergrad LOR's both posted 24 hours within being faxed). I'm getting a bit nervous myself, because it's the only thing holding me back.

Would I still be able to send in my application if it's not posted in time? From what I understand the school will request the CAS report (which is what includes the LOR) AFTER receipt of the application?

Mce252

Postby Mce252 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:35 pm

lawschoolproblems86 wrote:I'm in the same boat. My professor faxed my LOR last Thursday and it's still not posted. From my experience faxing is usually super fast (my undergrad LOR's both posted 24 hours within being faxed). I'm getting a bit nervous myself, because it's the only thing holding me back.

Would I still be able to send in my application if it's not posted in time? From what I understand the school will request the CAS report (which is what includes the LOR) AFTER receipt of the application?

You won't be able to send your application if there isn't a LOR attached and USC only allows one.

Lasers

Postby Lasers » Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:59 pm

phew, you guys weren't kidding when you said usc is quick on updating the status checker.

my LOR got in today, sent my app in this morning. somehow it got processed really quick and i received the status checker a few hours later. went complete like an hour after that.

thelibear

Postby thelibear » Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:02 pm

This post has been kind of dead, so I thought I'd post the (frustrating) answer that I got from the admissions people -- they said the decisions should be out in early May, but it's ultimately up to the Dean's discretion.

Lame.

smurf3

Postby smurf3 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:35 pm

thelibear wrote:This post has been kind of dead, so I thought I'd post the (frustrating) answer that I got from the admissions people -- they said the decisions should be out in early May, but it's ultimately up to the Dean's discretion.

Lame.

What happened to them saying that we will be getting a decision by May 1? Lame indeed.

thelibear

Postby thelibear » Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:02 pm

Seems like they've changed their tune. :\

Mce252

Postby Mce252 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:10 pm

Status updated to "Committee First Read" today.

thelibear

Postby thelibear » Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:57 pm

Oooh, me too! Finally!

jarofsoup

Postby jarofsoup » Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:29 pm

Any news?

lawschoolproblems86

Postby lawschoolproblems86 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:50 pm

My status hasn't even changed yet. Still says Complete from 3/20

I guess they are going in the order they received them, since I submit towards the end of their window.

Mce252

Postby Mce252 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:58 pm

jarofsoup wrote:Any news?

Not for me. Still in review.

thelibear

Postby thelibear » Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:33 pm

Still on committee 1st read.

smurf3

Postby smurf3 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:53 pm