George Washington Early Action Waiting Thread

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Mce252

Re: George Washington Early Action Waiting Thread

Postby Mce252 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:23 pm

Lawst wrote:I'm still not showing as complete on the status checker and it's starting to make me nervous. I called on either the 28th or 29th to make sure they had my transcripts and letter of good standing, and the woman with whom I spoke said they had them.
Anyone else still showing as "received" instead of "completed"?

Did you ask about everything else besides the letter of good standing and transcripts? I keep seeing these questions and it makes me curious why people have such a hard time just calling the school and asking, "is my application fully complete even though it says otherwise on the status checker?" There just isn't that much anyone on here is going to be able to give you to answer your question.

Lawst

Postby Lawst » Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:42 pm

Mce252 wrote:
Lawst wrote:I'm still not showing as complete on the status checker and it's starting to make me nervous. I called on either the 28th or 29th to make sure they had my transcripts and letter of good standing, and the woman with whom I spoke said they had them.

Did you ask about everything else besides the letter of good standing and transcripts? I keep seeing these questions and it makes me curious why people have such a hard time just calling the school and asking, "is my application fully complete even though it says otherwise on the status checker?" There just isn't that much anyone on here is going to be able to give you to answer your question.

I'm asking if anyone else here is also still showing as application received. I think people might be able to answer that question for themselves, actually.

There is nothing else that the admissions offices needs besides the application, the letter of good standing and the transcripts. I can always call back now that it's been a week, but if it's just a lag that other applicants are also experiencing, then perhaps I can avoid bothering a very busy admissions office.

Mce252

Postby Mce252 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:37 pm

Lawst wrote:
Mce252 wrote:

I'm asking if anyone else here is also still showing as application received. I think people might be able to answer that question for themselves, actually.

There is nothing else that the admissions offices needs besides the application, the letter of good standing and the transcripts. I can always call back now that it's been a week, but if it's just a lag that other applicants are also experiencing, then perhaps I can avoid bothering a very busy admissions office.

If your goal is to find out whether you have anything to worry about, a ten second phone call is always the way to go. If you're about to pay them $45,000 a year to get asked questions, you might as well ask them a few.

jessuf

Postby jessuf » Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:11 pm

This is common. I submitted two weeks ago and am still at "application received." Yes, I verified with them two weeks ago that they had everything.

With GULC, it took about 8 or so days to go from "application received" to complete.

TNFSkier16

Postby TNFSkier16 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:15 pm

Call and email them. I'm still showing app rec'd but I have both verbal and written confirmation that I'm complete.

tortfeasor87

Postby tortfeasor87 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:20 pm

Mce252 wrote:
Lawst wrote:
Mce252 wrote:

If your goal is to find out whether you have anything to worry about, a ten second phone call is always the way to go. If you're about to pay them $45,000 a year to get asked questions, you might as well ask them a few.

Wow....you are one difficult individual MCE. You must be a real delight.

jessuf

Postby jessuf » Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:59 pm

tortfeasor87 wrote:

I am glad someone joined just to say this.

Mce252

Postby Mce252 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:26 am

Jessuf wrote:
tortfeasor87 wrote:

Stupid questions are stupid questions. Why ask for a bunch of speculation when the admissions office pays salaries to give you answers?

I'm sure we could be great friends. :wink:

Lawst

Postby Lawst » Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:35 am

Mce252 wrote:
Jessuf wrote:
tortfeasor87 wrote:

Stupid questions are stupid questions. Why ask for a bunch of speculation when the admissions office pays salaries to give you answers?

Um, stupid questions? Really? It's not necessary to name call if someone is asking a valid question that is not really directed toward you.
I never asked anyone to speculate if my application is complete - I asked if anyone else is still in the application accepted phase. From there, I can decide if it's worth it to pester admissions at this point. Since several people were nice enough to chime in that they are in the same boat, I will wait a few days before deciding to bug admissions since I know there's a lag. This is the kind of thing that forums are used for.

Mce252

Postby Mce252 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:50 am

Lawst wrote:
Mce252 wrote:
Jessuf wrote:
tortfeasor87 wrote:

Um, stupid questions? Really? It's not necessary to name call if someone is asking a valid question that is not really directed toward you.
I never asked anyone to speculate if my application is complete - I asked if anyone else is still in the application accepted phase. From there, I can decide if it's worth it to pester admissions at this point. Since several people were nice enough to chime in that they are in the same boat, I will wait a few days before deciding to bug admissions since I know there's a lag. This is the kind of thing that forums are used for.

Dude, chill. My opinion was that it is easier to call the admissions office than to guess as to whether those people who respond are in the same boat as you. There is no way to know that your application is not reading complete for the same reason as theirs. Name calling? Everyone is so touchy in here...

MakeItHappen3

Postby MakeItHappen3 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:22 pm

Looks like they are pushing decisions back to early May :(

"Applicants who apply for fall 2012 transfer admission by March 1st will automatically be considered through the Law School's Early Action Program and will be notified of a decision by early May."

TTRansfer

Postby TTRansfer » Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:35 pm

MakeItHappen3 wrote:Looks like they are pushing decisions back to early May :(

"Applicants who apply for fall 2012 transfer admission by March 1st will automatically be considered through the Law School's Early Action Program and will be notified of a decision by early May."

Early May is better because then I can reject them without having to put down a seat deposit if I get into Georgetown.

jarofsoup

Postby jarofsoup » Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:42 pm

I think the EA deposit date for GULC is 1k on June 1 or something like that. Dam...they make bank on deposits.

MakeItHappen3

Postby MakeItHappen3 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:26 pm

True, especially for you Tier 1 and 2 applicants. For me (Tier 4, Top 9%), Georgetown isn't really an option. Fingers are crossed for GW, which is arguably a lot more realistic. The suspense is killing me...

TTRansfer wrote:

Early May is better because then I can reject them without having to put down a seat deposit if I get into Georgetown.

crossarmant

Postby crossarmant » Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:19 pm

This is really disappointing. I wanted some form of confidence coming into exams... Gah, why do you hate me so, oh, wicked world?

opX

Postby opX » Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:39 pm

That's surprising. Maybe they pushed it back because they got too many applicants........ that wouldnt be good news either.

Id assume that they would try to get back to us before georgetown, that is what I would do.

O well. I am still pulling for early april for their first wave.

ran12

Postby ran12 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:13 pm

The website always said early May. It seems like people were getting different responses about when decisions were coming out from admissions and they prob decided on a uniform time frame now.

atashakor

Postby atashakor » Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:20 pm

i tranfered to GW from Tier 4 school, if anyone has any questions you can PM me.

Mce252

Postby Mce252 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:44 pm

ran12 wrote:The website always said early May. It seems like people were getting different responses about when decisions were coming out from admissions and they prob decided on a uniform time frame now.

That's what I thought too. It does make sense though that GW would try to push out decisions before GULC to grab deposits.

lnllnl

Postby lnllnl » Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:29 am

Mce252 wrote:
Lawst wrote:
Mce252 wrote:

Or shoot them an email. Quick responses like this one:

"Your file is complete. The online status checker does not say "complete" yet because we simply have not gotten to process you file yet. Once we process your file the online status checker will reflect that your application is complete. No need to worry!

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do for you."

Then an hour later, I went complete.

Murum.aries.attigit

Postby Murum.aries.attigit » Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:51 pm

In reply to an inquiry from me not too long ago...

". . . We hope to have all Early Action Transfer Decisions communicated by early April."

jarofsoup

Postby jarofsoup » Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:55 am

App. complete.

Lawst

Postby Lawst » Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:22 pm

jarofsoup wrote:App. complete.

Yup, me too, finally. They updated it on the 13th, but had the completion date as March 9. They are definitely slow to update the status checker.
They also mentioned when they e-mailed me back that I'm in review now, but that could last for weeks and weeks, so who knows.

Mce252

Postby Mce252 » Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:45 pm

Lawst wrote:

Yup, me too, finally. They updated it on the 13th, but had the completion date as March 9. They are definitely slow to update the status checker.
They also mentioned when they e-mailed me back that I'm in review now, but that could last for weeks and weeks, so who knows.

When did they email you telling you that you were in review?

Lawst

Postby Lawst » Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:44 pm

Mce252 wrote:
Lawst wrote:

When did they email you telling you that you were in review?

Tuesday. When the admin person answered my question about whether my EA app was complete, she also said that I was in review. Maybe we're all technically "in review" for EA since the deadline was two weeks ago.

Return to “Transfers”