George Washington Early Action Waiting Thread

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
GreatNorth87

Re: George Washington Early Action Waiting Thread

Postby GreatNorth87 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:54 am

Apparently everyone else will hear again on the 23rd before RD begins

terpfan12

Postby terpfan12 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:01 pm

Last edited by terpfan12 on Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.

lnllnl

Postby lnllnl » Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:07 pm

terpfan12 wrote:In at GW! Stats are T80, top 1.4%

Damn, when did you send in your spring grades? Goddamnit, my school still hasn't released my grade for Torts! Did you jump up spring?

Edit: Btw, Congrats!

IsTheFatLadySinging

Postby IsTheFatLadySinging » Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:15 pm

terpfan12 wrote:In at GW! Stats are T80, top 1.4%

Congratulations!! Now here is the question. Is going to GW worth leaving what you have? Please explain if it is.

lnllnl

Postby lnllnl » Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:33 pm

Damn, I got deferred EA here and at GT and I just found out my buddy is also applying to both with a better GPA. I think I might be screwed out of both schools because what are the chances of that either will take more than one person from my TTTT?

tink1

Postby tink1 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:44 pm

didn't apply EA but sent in a RD application after getting deferred to GULC. Pretty positive I'm outright rejected from GULC but I hope I have a shot at GW.

lnllnl

Postby lnllnl » Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:05 pm

tink1 wrote:didn't apply EA but sent in a RD application after getting deferred to GULC. Pretty positive I'm outright rejected from GULC but I hope I have a shot at GW.

stats?

jarofsoup

Postby jarofsoup » Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:00 am

I am curious when we will actually get the OCI information. I was told last week...bidding starts tomorrow...

pyrochamploo

Postby pyrochamploo » Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:18 am

Woot! In at GW. Much excitement.

pyrochamploo

Postby pyrochamploo » Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:20 am

lnllnl wrote:Damn, I got deferred EA here and at GT and I just found out my buddy is also applying to both with a better GPA. I think I might be screwed out of both schools because what are the chances of that either will take more than one person from my TTTT?

I think the chances are pretty good. Enrollment is down at law schools across the country and schols really want to fill their seats.

lnllnl

Postby lnllnl » Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:11 pm

pyrochamploo wrote:
lnllnl wrote:Damn, I got deferred EA here and at GT and I just found out my buddy is also applying to both with a better GPA. I think I might be screwed out of both schools because what are the chances of that either will take more than one person from my TTTT?

I think the chances are pretty good. Enrollment is down at law schools across the country and schols really want to fill their seats.

Won't even matter until we get our last grade posted. It's only been 43 days since we had the exam...

tink1

Postby tink1 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:14 pm

lnllnl wrote:
tink1 wrote:didn't apply EA but sent in a RD application after getting deferred to GULC. Pretty positive I'm outright rejected from GULC but I hope I have a shot at GW.

stats?

Guess I had more than just a shot. Got an email of acceptance this morning.

3.8 GPA w/ a full ride to a school ranked between 100-120. I never expected a response this quickly, let alone an acceptance!

lnllnl

Postby lnllnl » Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:52 pm

tink1 wrote:
lnllnl wrote:

stats?

3.8 GPA w/ a full ride to a school ranked between 100-120. I never expected a response this quickly, let alone an acceptance!

Nice, congrats. Hopefully they still have slots left. Won't be getting my last grade until Monday. I'm PT, so OCI doesn't matter to me until next year which helps alleviate some of the stress.

jessuf

Postby jessuf » Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:59 pm

tink1 wrote:
lnllnl wrote:

stats?

I'd be really surprised if you didn't get into GULC RD with that gpa. I got into GULC coming from a school ranked similarly with a gpa slightly higher than that.

lnllnl

Postby lnllnl » Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:57 pm

EA deferees:

How long did it take for an update to occur on the status checker after you sent in your unofficial grades?

Return to “Transfers”