George Washington Early Action Waiting Thread

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
User avatar
crossarmant
Posts: 1116
Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:01 am

Re: George Washington Early Action Waiting Thread

Postby crossarmant » Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:49 pm

Jessuf wrote:Also, does anyone know the dates of OCI/early interview week?


While I can't seem to log onto the Admitted Students Site for more information (Called and they said there was an error on their part and should be able to log in tomorrow afternoon), the back of the information packet says this:

July 16, 2012 at 12:00pm EDT -- Bidding deadline for the New York and Philadelphia Regional Interview Programs.

July 16, 2012 at 12:00pm EDT -- Bidding deadline for TLC Regional Interview Programs (Chicago, Los Angeles, Miami, and San Francisco).

July 20, 2012 at 5:00pm EDT -- Bidding deadline for On-Campus Interview Program.

Once you have paid your seat deposit, you may contact the Career Development Office for further information.

ksinghal
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:25 pm

Re: George Washington Early Action Waiting Thread

Postby ksinghal » Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:29 pm

Lawst wrote:I know we have at least one current GW student around in this thread, so hoping someone can answer this: do you have to be in DC for the journal write-on? I see the dates were listed in the packet, but I have an internship that will have me nowhere near DC this summer, so I'm figuring we can do it electronically. This may be another new thing for GW, since it's the first time it's done EA for transfers, but figured I'd ask.
I know, I know, I could just ask GW, but that takes all the fun out of random internet speculation, doesn't it?


Journal info here: --LinkRemoved--

ksinghal
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:25 pm

Re: George Washington Early Action Waiting Thread

Postby ksinghal » Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:31 pm

crossarmant wrote:
Jessuf wrote:Also, does anyone know the dates of OCI/early interview week?


While I can't seem to log onto the Admitted Students Site for more information (Called and they said there was an error on their part and should be able to log in tomorrow afternoon), the back of the information packet says this:

July 16, 2012 at 12:00pm EDT -- Bidding deadline for the New York and Philadelphia Regional Interview Programs.

July 16, 2012 at 12:00pm EDT -- Bidding deadline for TLC Regional Interview Programs (Chicago, Los Angeles, Miami, and San Francisco).

July 20, 2012 at 5:00pm EDT -- Bidding deadline for On-Campus Interview Program.

Once you have paid your seat deposit, you may contact the Career Development Office for further information.


The calendar I have (paper form only, sorry) says:

August 7: OCI Scheduling starts at 9:00 p.m.
August 9: OCI Scheduling ends at 9:00 p.m. & Alternate Scheduling begins
August 14: FRP Orientation Session
August 15: OCI Interviews begin
OCI Interviews also listed on 8/16, 8/17, 8/20 (DC Area Offices only), 8/21-8/24, 8/28-8/29, and 9/10-9/12
September 5: FRP Resume Collection Bidding Deadline at 5:00 p.m.

User avatar
jessuf
Posts: 12548
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:27 pm

Re: George Washington Early Action Waiting Thread

Postby jessuf » Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:48 pm

ksinghal wrote:
The calendar I have (paper form only, sorry) says:

August 7: OCI Scheduling starts at 9:00 p.m.
August 9: OCI Scheduling ends at 9:00 p.m. & Alternate Scheduling begins
August 14: FRP Orientation Session
August 15: OCI Interviews begin
OCI Interviews also listed on 8/16, 8/17, 8/20 (DC Area Offices only), 8/21-8/24, 8/28-8/29, and 9/10-9/12
September 5: FRP Resume Collection Bidding Deadline at 5:00 p.m.


Are you a current student? If so, is there any information on the regional interview dates?

Thanks for the information!

User avatar
Lawst
Posts: 504
Joined: Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:02 am

Re: George Washington Early Action Waiting Thread

Postby Lawst » Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:19 am

ksinghal wrote:
Lawst wrote:I know we have at least one current GW student around in this thread, so hoping someone can answer this: do you have to be in DC for the journal write-on? I see the dates were listed in the packet, but I have an internship that will have me nowhere near DC this summer, so I'm figuring we can do it electronically. This may be another new thing for GW, since it's the first time it's done EA for transfers, but figured I'd ask.
I know, I know, I could just ask GW, but that takes all the fun out of random internet speculation, doesn't it?


Journal info here: --LinkRemoved--


Thanks, but the packet says the transfer write-on is June 21-25, so it's not the regular one they mention in that link. Hopefully, we can do it from afar. It's not a make-or-break for me, so I'll mail off my deposit and I'll figure out the details post-finals.
Oddly, this just added more pressure to finals. Now I'm afraid of falling under a 3.0 more than ever, with a transfer and non-refundable $1K seat deposit on the line

User avatar
crossarmant
Posts: 1116
Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:01 am

Re: George Washington Early Action Waiting Thread

Postby crossarmant » Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:20 am

Lawst wrote:Oddly, this just added more pressure to finals. Now I'm afraid of falling under a 3.0 more than ever, with a transfer and non-refundable $1K seat deposit on the line


Agreed. Especially seeing how this semester feels much harder and median here is a 3.0, I'm just generally freaking out.

MakeItHappen3
Posts: 58
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:17 pm

Re: George Washington Early Action Waiting Thread

Postby MakeItHappen3 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:16 pm

Admissions told me today that the rest of the decisions will be going out on Monday.

terpfan12
Posts: 44
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:48 pm

Re: George Washington Early Action Waiting Thread

Postby terpfan12 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:42 pm

MakeItHappen3 wrote:Admissions told me today that the rest of the decisions will be going out on Monday.


did you get the vibe they were gonna give more acceptances or do you think it'll be all ding emails

MakeItHappen3
Posts: 58
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:17 pm

Re: George Washington Early Action Waiting Thread

Postby MakeItHappen3 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:23 pm

The woman I spoke to made it sound like the decisions on the remaining apps have not yet been made, so it's hard to get a vibe one way or another. That said, I'd be willing to bet that our apps have at least been scanned by the committee for tier and class rank (and presumably passed up, at least initially), seeing as virtually all those already admitted were Tier 1 and Tier 2 applicants (and seemingly all top 10%).

Grrr, all of this speculation is making it really hard to concentrate on the 15-page MSJ due on Monday for my LP class. :roll:

terpfan12 wrote:
MakeItHappen3 wrote:Admissions told me today that the rest of the decisions will be going out on Monday.


did you get the vibe they were gonna give more acceptances or do you think it'll be all ding emails

User avatar
jessuf
Posts: 12548
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:27 pm

Re: George Washington Early Action Waiting Thread

Postby jessuf » Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:07 pm

It would seem odd for them to all be ding emails. Otherwise, couldn't they have sent those out two weeks ago? I'm still expecting the depressing deferred email, but I hope some people in here get in EA!

TNFSkier16
Posts: 136
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:20 pm

Re: George Washington Early Action Waiting Thread

Postby TNFSkier16 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:03 pm

Any action? Nothing to report on my end.

DJ5
Posts: 43
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:49 pm

Re: George Washington Early Action Waiting Thread

Postby DJ5 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:00 pm

Just spoke with admissions, they told me to expect a decision by the end of the month. DAFUQ :x

User avatar
jessuf
Posts: 12548
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:27 pm

Re: George Washington Early Action Waiting Thread

Postby jessuf » Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:03 pm

DJ5 wrote:Just spoke with admissions, they told me to expect a decision by the end of the month. DAFUQ :x



:lol: :lol: :lol:

User avatar
crossarmant
Posts: 1116
Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:01 am

Re: George Washington Early Action Waiting Thread

Postby crossarmant » Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:07 pm

DJ5 wrote:Just spoke with admissions, they told me to expect a decision by the end of the month. DAFUQ :x


Goddamn, they sure do like pushing things back a lot. I mean, for the first wave it was "Yeah, mid/end of March." Got it April 3rd. Now everyone else is getting shoved off by an extra month? WTF?

MakeItHappen3
Posts: 58
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:17 pm

Re: George Washington Early Action Waiting Thread

Postby MakeItHappen3 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:40 pm

This past Friday they told me we'd hear something today. Not having heard anything, I called about 30 minutes ago to see what the deal was and they told me we'd hear by the end of the week. And now they're telling DJ5 we will hear by the end of the month. Seems like they're not acting in good faith with these assurances.

DJ5, who did you speak with?

DJ5
Posts: 43
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:49 pm

Re: George Washington Early Action Waiting Thread

Postby DJ5 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:00 pm

MakeItHappen3 wrote:This past Friday they told me we'd hear something today. Not having heard anything, I called about 30 minutes ago to see what the deal was and they told me we'd hear by the end of the week. And now they're telling DJ5 we will hear by the end of the month. Seems like they're not acting in good faith with these assurances.

DJ5, who did you speak with?


I didn't catch her name over the sound of my blood boiling. I called at approx. 2:30.

I've spoken with them in prior weeks, and prior to today, the furthest back they said I'd hear by was mid-April. Oh, well.

TNFSkier16
Posts: 136
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:20 pm

Re: George Washington Early Action Waiting Thread

Postby TNFSkier16 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:22 pm

I'm starting to think they have no idea w/ when they'll get to the rest of the applications so they just say anything on the phone to keep us quiet.

HappyTransfer2012
Posts: 50
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:10 am

Re: George Washington Early Action Waiting Thread

Postby HappyTransfer2012 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:18 am

Accepted EA a few weeks ago to GW (Stats: 3.6, Top 10-15% at a law school in the 50s, IVY undergrad)... Who else is in? I am really excited to get back up to the DC area...

Any word on GULC? Will they let us know by April 20th? What are the details regarding this... The GW Law deposit is due next week...

TNFSkier16
Posts: 136
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:20 pm

Re: George Washington Early Action Waiting Thread

Postby TNFSkier16 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:51 pm

Can someone post the link to the status checker for GW? I accidentally deleted the email it came in. Thx

User avatar
crossarmant
Posts: 1116
Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:01 am

Re: George Washington Early Action Waiting Thread

Postby crossarmant » Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:06 pm

TNFSkier16 wrote:Can someone post the link to the status checker for GW? I accidentally deleted the email it came in. Thx


https://aces.law.gwu.edu/YourStatus/mem ... dl9HPbk%3D

Not that it matters because they don't update it after acceptance. I'm in but it still says "Complete 2/29/2012"

TNFSkier16
Posts: 136
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:20 pm

Re: George Washington Early Action Waiting Thread

Postby TNFSkier16 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:52 pm

Thanks. I just wanted to test if they do anything for dings via status checker. nothing thus far...

MakeItHappen3
Posts: 58
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:17 pm

Re: George Washington Early Action Waiting Thread

Postby MakeItHappen3 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:39 pm

:mrgreen:
Last edited by MakeItHappen3 on Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Mce252
Posts: 940
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:43 pm

Re: George Washington Early Action Waiting Thread

Postby Mce252 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:25 am

TNFSkier16 wrote:Thanks. I just wanted to test if they do anything for dings via status checker. nothing thus far...



I don't think there are dings for EA. Only deferrals.

User avatar
TTRansfer
Posts: 3796
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:08 am

Re: George Washington Early Action Waiting Thread

Postby TTRansfer » Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:01 pm

Mce252 wrote:
TNFSkier16 wrote:Thanks. I just wanted to test if they do anything for dings via status checker. nothing thus far...



I don't think there are dings for EA. Only deferrals.


Maybe if you had a 2.0 you would get dinged.

izzy2977
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:19 pm

Re: George Washington Early Action Waiting Thread

Postby izzy2977 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:38 pm

Hey makeithappen,

quick question, how did FSU accept you in the middle of the semester. They told me they only accept after they have a full years set of grades. How did you get in without getting second semester grades?




Return to “Transfers”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.