George Washington Early Action Waiting Thread Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
crossarmant

Silver

Re: George Washington Early Action Waiting Thread

Post by crossarmant » Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:33 am

So, it looks like my school took a massive 15 spot hit in the rankings, now teetering on the cusp of of TTT-dom. Does anyone know if this will significantly impact my transfer possibilities?

Big Shrimpin

Gold

Post by Big Shrimpin » Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:56 am

crossarmant wrote:So, it looks like my school took a massive 15 spot hit in the rankings, now teetering on the cusp of of TTT-dom. Does anyone know if this will significantly impact my transfer possibilities?
No.

TNFSkier16

Bronze

Post by TNFSkier16 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:53 pm

Anyone hear anything yet? This thread has been kinda dead for a while. I really hope we don't have to wait until May b/c I really don't want to have to stay after exams to write on to law review...

terpfan12

New

Post by terpfan12 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:29 pm

TNFSkier16 wrote:Anyone hear anything yet? This thread has been kinda dead for a while. I really hope we don't have to wait until May b/c I really don't want to have to stay after exams to write on to law review...
I spoke to them the other day, they said we should be hearing back by March 31.

crossarmant

Silver

Post by crossarmant » Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:36 pm

terpfan12 wrote:
TNFSkier16 wrote:Anyone hear anything yet? This thread has been kinda dead for a while. I really hope we don't have to wait until May b/c I really don't want to have to stay after exams to write on to law review...
Fantastic news, any day now until the mass deferrals arrive :(

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Mce252

Silver

Post by Mce252 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:27 pm

terpfan12 wrote:
Wow. That's a quick turnaround. I guess if that's true they just meant by the end of the month and not a specific date because March 31 is a Saturday. Has anyone else heard this?

jess

Post by jess » Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:47 am

Last edited by jess on Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MakeItHappen3

New

Post by MakeItHappen3 » Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:19 pm

Does anyone know how GW will communicate EA decisions? Status checker? Email? Thanks!

crossarmant

Silver

Post by crossarmant » Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:06 pm

Can they just get back to me already? This anxiety is killing me.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Mce252

Silver

Post by Mce252 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:33 pm

I'm predicting mid-April.

crossarmant

Silver

Post by crossarmant » Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:20 pm

Mce252 wrote:I'm predicting mid-April.
Well, from my email response from them and TNFSkier's conversation, it should be sometime this week that we get a decision. Maybe they're wrong or something, but either ways, I am stressing.

MakeItHappen3

New

Post by MakeItHappen3 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:25 pm

What did the email response say? Late March?

crossarmant

Silver

Post by crossarmant » Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:56 pm

MakeItHappen3 wrote:What did the email response say? Late March?
"We hope to have Early Action Transfer Decisions communicated by the end of March." Coupled with the convo from others, I'm hoping that I hear back very soon. It'll take a lot of stress off of me.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

jess

Post by jess » Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:22 pm

Last edited by jess on Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mce252

Silver

Post by Mce252 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:57 pm

I hope you all are right. I'm just skeptical because no one has seen any status changes or anything. But they might just be silent before EA decisions. I guess we'll find out.

crossarmant

Silver

Post by crossarmant » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:45 pm

Jessuf wrote:Hoping we find out by status checker or e-mail, so I don't have to wait for snail mail. :)
It would be nice to get in somewhere this week. It would be a nice ending to a super crummy week.
It'd be great having at least one transfer acceptance before spring finals really ramp up. I think having the confidence that I got into a T20 school would do wonders for my confidence coming into these exams and give me hope about a possibility at a T14 during RD (though, not holding my breath on that one).
Mce252 wrote:I hope you all are right. I'm just skeptical because no one has seen any status changes or anything. But they might just be silent before EA decisions. I guess we'll find out.
I'm not terribly skeptical, I didn't get a status checker until 2 weeks after my file was complete, like 3 weeks after I sent my app. I don't even know why they bother with the status checker, they are much speedier with emails and other communications.

terpfan12

New

Post by terpfan12 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:04 pm

I spoke to them again today...a different person than the one who told me March 31. This person said mid-April so idk what's going on

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

MakeItHappen3

New

Post by MakeItHappen3 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:38 pm

I knew this week was too good to be true :cry:

ran12

Silver

Post by ran12 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:14 am

terpfan12 wrote:I spoke to them again today...a different person than the one who told me March 31. This person said mid-April so idk what's going on
That's prob a lie. They'll keep saying about 2 more weeks and finally send out decisions sometime mid to late May.

TTRansfer

Gold

Post by TTRansfer » Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:27 am

I think I probably was too hard on GW. After talking with some current students, I probably will go if I get in here and not anywhere in the T14.

crossarmant

Silver

Post by crossarmant » Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:21 am

TTRansfer wrote:I think I probably was too hard on GW. After talking with some current students, I probably will go if I get in here and not anywhere in the T14.
I mean, they put out the employment stats for c/o 2011 and I have to say, it doesn't look too terribly bad. I mean, it's not an Ivy, but they do a million times better than our TT-TTTTs.

http://www.law.gwu.edu/Careers/prospect ... stics.aspx

It really doesn't look as doom & gloom as a lot of people make it out to be. It does way better than a lot of other similarly ranked schools and given the fact that we're all around the top of our class at our original schools, it would probably give us all a leg up on median student students already there.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Mce252

Silver

Post by Mce252 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:24 pm

Does anyone know if there was a GW EA thread last year? I found one transfer thread but it didn't start until the summer for regular transfers.

However, I did see that the regular transfer admits were getting their decisions via email. So maybe there's still a chance that some of us might hear tomorrow?

TTRansfer

Gold

Post by TTRansfer » Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:40 pm

Mce252 wrote:Does anyone know if there was a GW EA thread last year? I found one transfer thread but it didn't start until the summer for regular transfers.

However, I did see that the regular transfer admits were getting their decisions via email. So maybe there's still a chance that some of us might hear tomorrow?
Isn't this the first year for EA for GW?

Mce252

Silver

Post by Mce252 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:41 pm

Oh maybe so. I didn't know that.

Big Shrimpin

Gold

Post by Big Shrimpin » Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:42 am

TTRansfer wrote:
Mce252 wrote:Does anyone know if there was a GW EA thread last year? I found one transfer thread but it didn't start until the summer for regular transfers.

Isn't this the first year for EA for GW?
It is.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”