George Washington Early Action Waiting Thread Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
opX

Bronze

Re: George Washington Early Action Waiting Thread

Post by opX » Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:50 pm

crossarmant wrote:
opX wrote:3.5 top 9-12% (ish) @ TT, submitted app waiting on LORs
- any thoughts on my chances?
GL all!
Very close to my numbers; for may sake as well, I hope you get in EA! I wonder what kind of applicant they'll take in EA since this is their first year doing it.
well I will let you know when I find out - did you apply?

Big Shrimpin

Gold

Post by Big Shrimpin » Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:48 pm

Mce252 wrote:How many does GW normally take in a transfer class including EA and RD?
I think this is the first year for EA. IIRC, my transfer class in 2010 had around 100 total, so they probably admitted way more than that.

Mce252

Silver

Post by Mce252 » Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:05 pm

Big Shrimpin wrote:
Mce252 wrote:How many does GW normally take in a transfer class including EA and RD?
I think this is the first year for EA. IIRC, my transfer class in 2010 had around 100 total, so they probably admitted way more than that.
Did you have many Top 5% T3/T4 students in your class?

Big Shrimpin

Gold

Post by Big Shrimpin » Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:52 pm

Mce252 wrote:
Big Shrimpin wrote:
Did you have many Top 5% T3/T4 students in your class?
I know a handful, so I'd imagine there's quite a few.

rockthered86

New

Post by rockthered86 » Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:24 pm

Big Shrimpin wrote:
How did your transfer class do at OCI? Did most transfers seem satisfied with their decision to transfer?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

GreatNorth87

New

Post by GreatNorth87 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:33 pm

I know its the first year that they are doing EA but does anyone have any information on turn-around time for apps?

Big Shrimpin

Gold

Post by Big Shrimpin » Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:55 pm

rockthered86 wrote:
Big Shrimpin wrote:
How did your transfer class do at OCI? Did most transfers seem satisfied with their decision to transfer?
I only know like 8 transfers other than myself in my class. Of those, including myself, 6 got biglaw and 3 got govn't/JAG/etc. I don't know any transfers that don't have jobs, but I'm sure they exist.

Edit: I don't know any transfers who regret their decision, but again, I'm sure they exist. Also, of the 6 of us that got biglaw, 4 are IP.

wustltransfer

New

Post by wustltransfer » Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:08 pm

Big Shrimpin wrote:
rockthered86 wrote:
Big Shrimpin wrote:
I only know like 8 transfers other than myself in my class. Of those, including myself, 6 got biglaw and 3 got govn't/JAG/etc. I don't know any transfers that don't have jobs, but I'm sure they exist.

Edit: I don't know any transfers who regret their decision, but again, I'm sure they exist. Also, of the 6 of us that got biglaw, 4 are IP.
That is really impressive. I think out of my transfer class at WUSTL only 7-9 out of a 40 person class have jobs lined up right now.
There were about 5-6 kids that transferred in from SLU to WUSTL. I don't think any of them have jobs lined up. Most of the people who were successful in finding a job either: 1. from STL, but didn't go to SLU. 2. IP secure. 3. Special skill.. ie language.

I remember during transfer orientation one of the past transfers told us that no one in their transfer class received a 2L SA position.....

Big Shrimpin

Gold

Post by Big Shrimpin » Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:22 pm

Bummer about WUSTL. As far as GW placement goes, I want to make it clear that YMMV, and my experience isn't necessarily indicative of the overall transfer experience at GW. I've had a great time, but it's definitely an adjustment. If people want more details re OCI, etc., search my poast history. Moreover, I'll get to everyone's PMs by tomorrow.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

crossarmant

Silver

Post by crossarmant » Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:58 pm

GreatNorth87 wrote:I know its the first year that they are doing EA but does anyone have any information on turn-around time for apps?
The email I got from GW's admissions office said they'll have early app decisions by mid/late March.

Mce252

Silver

Post by Mce252 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:05 pm

crossarmant wrote:
GreatNorth87 wrote:I know its the first year that they are doing EA but does anyone have any information on turn-around time for apps?
The email I got from GW's admissions office said they'll have early app decisions by mid/late March.
How long did it take them to send you an email after you turned in your app?

crossarmant

Silver

Post by crossarmant » Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:21 pm

Mce252 wrote:How long did it take them to send you an email after you turned in your app?
Sent my app February 1st, never heard anything, so a week later I emailed them and asked if they had everything. They said they did and told me that we should hear back mid/late March. I didn't get a status checker until the 16th, so it took over two weeks to get my checker; and it still doesn't say that my file is complete despite having confirmation it was by the admissions office.

To be fair, they're also dealing with the like 20,000 applications for 1L admission, so I understand.

jess

Post by jess » Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:32 am

Last edited by jess on Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

crossarmant

Silver

Post by crossarmant » Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:52 am

Jessuf wrote:
crossarmant wrote:
Uhm, wow. I find that hard to believe since their due date in 3/1. I guess this further affirms the theory that's it's just a numbers game.
This said, I'm not entirely sure about that. They may have been only referring to me personally since my app was sent on Feb 1st and all of my supporting material was received 2 days later.

rockthered86

New

Post by rockthered86 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:14 am

Got my app in last night.

I wish the status checker included info about law school transcript and letter of good standing. I guess I'll have to make a phone call in the next day or so.

opX

Bronze

Post by opX » Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:35 pm

Last edited by opX on Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

opX

Bronze

Post by opX » Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:36 pm

rockthered86 wrote:Got my app in last night.

I wish the status checker included info about law school transcript and letter of good standing. I guess I'll have to make a phone call in the next day or so.
dont call shoot an email.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

opX

Bronze

Post by opX » Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:02 am

Any word/updates?

jarofsoup

Gold

Post by jarofsoup » Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:11 am

Applied yesterday.

opX

Bronze

Post by opX » Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:50 am

first one in buys the first round.

--

anyone know how long it took for LSAC to send the LORs over?

MakeItHappen3

New

Post by MakeItHappen3 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:16 am

The admissions office confirmed via phone that my LORs were received 3-4 business days after I submitted my app. I was also told that decisions will be made no later than early April. However, late March would be nice 8)

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

opX

Bronze

Post by opX » Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:19 am

my profs sent it in last week, I am still waiting for LSAC to update >.<

-

late march would be nice.
would we get notice via the status check?

Mce252

Silver

Post by Mce252 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:16 am

opX wrote:my profs sent it in last week, I am still waiting for LSAC to update >.<

-

late march would be nice.
would we get notice via the status check?

Are your letter of good standing and transcripts already there? You're cutting it close.

crossarmant

Silver

Post by crossarmant » Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:45 am

So, from their assessment of giving us answers by late March, and Georgetown not giving answers until mid-February, does anyone feel like they're purposely jumping up decision schedule to get seat-deposits before people hear from GULC? I mean, if they send out decisions March 20th or something and give you a month to deposit, that deposit window will close just before people start hearing from GULC. Not that I'm complaining too much, god knows I don't really stand a chance of getting GULC EA but hey...

opX

Bronze

Post by opX » Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:49 pm

. (edited for double post)
Last edited by opX on Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”