George Washington Early Action Waiting Thread Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Lawst

Silver

Re: George Washington Early Action Waiting Thread

Post by Lawst » Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:30 pm

DD352 wrote:They didn't let me know they had received my deposit. I called about 5 days after it was sent and confirmed they had received it.

Make sure you follow up.
I just sent an e-mail to the general jdadmit e-mail - I figured that way that someone will see it even if the director is out of the office today or something.
I haven't tried that "you - in at gw" e-mail link yet. I'm still not sure what the deal is what that or who exactly it goes to.

lnllnl

Bronze

Post by lnllnl » Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:32 pm

Just called GW and talked to the admissions director. She said they're still reviewing applications today. So she pulled up my file and said they're just waiting for one more vote... I was just happy I didn't get rejected yet, so I forgot to ask if she meant I needed one more person on the committee to vote "yea", or I have to wait for another round of voting...

DD352

New

Post by DD352 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:57 pm

lnllnl wrote:Just called GW and talked to the admissions director. She said they're still reviewing applications today. So she pulled up my file and said they're just waiting for one more vote... I was just happy I didn't get rejected yet, so I forgot to ask if she meant I needed one more person on the committee to vote "yea", or I have to wait for another round of voting...
That's interesting. They actually have a "voting" system? Is that how they do it?

crossarmant

Silver

Post by crossarmant » Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:58 pm

lnllnl wrote:Just called GW and talked to the admissions director. She said they're still reviewing applications today. So she pulled up my file and said they're just waiting for one more vote... I was just happy I didn't get rejected yet, so I forgot to ask if she meant I needed one more person on the committee to vote "yea", or I have to wait for another round of voting...
I'm really thinking that they're waiting until the deposit deadline for the first round of admits. It's their first year doing EA so they probably want to have an idea of what percentage of admits deposit so they don't fill up the entire class before RD or something.

DJ5

New

Post by DJ5 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:33 pm

Hahaha oh boy... she said word for word the same thing to me yesterday. Including the whole "one more vote" shpiel.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

lnllnl

Bronze

Post by lnllnl » Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:44 pm

DJ5 wrote:

Hahaha oh boy... she said word for word the same thing to me yesterday. Including the whole "one more vote" shpiel.
+1, helpful to hear from someone in the same boat...I guess I'll just wish in one hand and spit in the other and see which one fills up first.

TTRansfer

Gold

Post by TTRansfer » Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:57 pm

crossarmant wrote:
I'm really thinking that they're waiting until the deposit deadline for the first round of admits. It's their first year doing EA so they probably want to have an idea of what percentage of admits deposit so they don't fill up the entire class before RD or something.
Absolutely, IMO.

DD352

New

Post by DD352 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:03 pm

To follow up on the discussion about the deposit: I just got an email from the admissions office, "GW Receipt of Deposit." So apparently they will notify you. It took about a week for me.

MakeItHappen3

New

Post by MakeItHappen3 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:15 pm

Did they say when a decision might be rendered/communicated?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

lnllnl

Bronze

Post by lnllnl » Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:43 pm

MakeItHappen3 wrote:Did they say when a decision might be rendered/communicated?
Nope. Nix that, they just sent me an email saying I got deferred. Grab a smoke, down a beer and back to hitting the books.

TNFSkier16

Bronze

Post by TNFSkier16 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:50 pm

Got deferred as well - as expected.

Found the "you should be proud of your first semester of law school achievements" a bit generic.

Now back to Indian law....

Mce252

Silver

Post by Mce252 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:50 pm

Just got my deferral email.

Hoping5000

New

Post by Hoping5000 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:58 pm

Now if Georgetown would finally defer me.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

crossarmant

Silver

Post by crossarmant » Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:00 pm

Now that we all know one way or another, making a formal GWU transfer thread for everyone who got in.

DJ5

New

Post by DJ5 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:07 pm

What the hell was the point then of repeatedly pushing back the decision date FOR A GODDAMN MONTH when everyone who got accepted did so on the or around the 3rd? Unbelievable.

TNFSkier16

Bronze

Post by TNFSkier16 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:08 pm

Are we sure that everyone who heard today was deferred. Are there any acceptances out there? Rejections?

terpfan12

New

Post by terpfan12 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:21 pm

Last edited by terpfan12 on Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

crossarmant

Silver

Post by crossarmant » Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:24 pm

terpfan12 wrote:Deferred email: T2 3.77 GPA....I don't get it. I even wrote about specific programs I liked at GW and my desire to work in DC.
WTF? What's the curve where you are? I got in with lower at a T2; did you get Gtown? Transfers really do appear kinda random.

terpfan12

New

Post by terpfan12 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:26 pm

Last edited by terpfan12 on Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MakeItHappen3

New

Post by MakeItHappen3 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:28 pm

I've also been deferred. Total bummer going into finals. Totally derailing my T20 DC dreams too.

jess

Post by jess » Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:29 pm

Last edited by jess on Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

MakeItHappen3

New

Post by MakeItHappen3 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:35 pm

Was anyone outright rejected, or did we all receive the generic email?

Lawst

Silver

Post by Lawst » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:21 pm

crossarmant wrote:Now that we all know one way or another, making a formal GWU transfer thread for everyone who got in.
Here's the link - I was lazy and looked at Cross' post history to find it.

http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 4#p5453484

GreatNorth87

New

Post by GreatNorth87 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:59 am

Has anyone else not received an email from GW yet about acceptance/deferral? I've yet to hear a peep since going complete 2/29

lnllnl

Bronze

Post by lnllnl » Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:18 am

GreatNorth87 wrote:Has anyone else not received an email from GW yet about acceptance/deferral? I've yet to hear a peep since going complete 2/29
Um...didn't you get into Georgetown?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”