Georgetown EA Applicants

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
HappyTransfer2012

Re: Georgetown EA Applicants

Postby HappyTransfer2012 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:45 pm

TTransfer -- why do you speculate the change is bad? Did your status change on 4/20 or /423... ? Tell me your thoughts...

Jessup - I think I agree with you - that it just is the date that the file was LOOKED at and a decision was made on that particular file...

Mce252

Postby Mce252 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:46 pm

Still no change here. Went complete 3/12 though.

TTRansfer

Postby TTRansfer » Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:48 pm

HappyTransfer2012 wrote:TTransfer -- why do you speculate the change is bad? Did your status change on 4/20 or /423... ? Tell me your thoughts...

Jessup - I think I agree with you - that it just is the date that the file was LOOKED at and a decision was made on that particular file...

4/20. Just a gut feeling mixed in with some speculation on my part. I'm a glass half empty kind of person (let's me get righteously stoked over things that go my way, though).

lawschoolz67

Postby lawschoolz67 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:49 pm

MakeItHappen3 wrote:
opX wrote:Here is how we are going to do this:

If you are got a status change today, quote this post and say your 1) GPA rank, 2) School Rank, 3) Full-Time/Part-Time, and 4) Morning Email yes/no

Me: Status Change 4/20
within top 10% (all we get to know)
T55
Full-Time only
No Morning email

Status Change, 4/20
Top 9%
TTTT
Both
No morning email

MakeItHappen3, same question -- did your selection of "both" change to FT only or PT only?

lnllnl

Postby lnllnl » Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:08 pm

TTRansfer wrote:
HappyTransfer2012 wrote:TTransfer -- why do you speculate the change is bad? Did your status change on 4/20 or /423... ? Tell me your thoughts...

4/20. Just a gut feeling mixed in with some speculation on my part. I'm a glass half empty kind of person (let's me get righteously stoked over things that go my way, though).

Was reading last year's thread (viewtopic.php?f=27&t=146181&hilit=georgetown+ea+2011&start=400) and DeSimone had the same thought. IIRC, s/he went complete on 4/18, but not 4/20, but then s/he went complete 4/21 and got in.

TTRansfer

Postby TTRansfer » Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:12 pm

lnllnl wrote:
TTRansfer wrote:

Was reading last year's thread (viewtopic.php?f=27&t=146181&hilit=georgetown+ea+2011&start=400) and DeSimone had the same thought. IIRC, s/he went complete on 4/18, but not 4/20, but then s/he went complete 4/21 and got in.

I pray that that is the same chain of events. I guess we will find out more on Tuesday.

MakeItHappen3

Postby MakeItHappen3 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:16 pm

Nope, GULC still has me at "Both." However, I am currently FT, while gc88 is currently PT. Did yours change?

lawschoolz67 wrote:
MakeItHappen3 wrote:
opX wrote:Here is how we are going to do this:

If you are got a status change today, quote this post and say your 1) GPA rank, 2) School Rank, 3) Full-Time/Part-Time, and 4) Morning Email yes/no

Me: Status Change 4/20
within top 10% (all we get to know)
T55
Full-Time only
No Morning email

Status Change, 4/20
Top 9%
TTTT
Both
No morning email

MakeItHappen3, same question -- did your selection of "both" change to FT only or PT only?

lawschoolz67

Postby lawschoolz67 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:25 pm

MakeItHappen3 wrote:Nope, GULC still has me at "Both." However, I am currently FT, while gc88 is currently PT. Did yours change?

no i only applied full time... i just thought it just would have been a good sign if yours had changed yesterday D:

MakeItHappen3

Postby MakeItHappen3 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:34 pm

Thanks for the moral support! I need all the positive vibes I can get. :mrgreen:

lawschoolz67 wrote:
MakeItHappen3 wrote:Nope, GULC still has me at "Both." However, I am currently FT, while gc88 is currently PT. Did yours change?

no i only applied full time... i just thought it just would have been a good sign if yours had changed yesterday D:

3|ink

Postby 3|ink » Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:36 pm

updated to 4/23 today

no email yet

TransKing20

Postby TransKing20 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:47 pm

3|ink wrote:updated to 4/23 today

no email yet

What email are you referring to?

HappyTransfer2012

Postby HappyTransfer2012 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:48 pm

what are your stats?

3|ink

Postby 3|ink » Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:54 pm

TransKing20 wrote:
3|ink wrote:updated to 4/23 today

no email yet

What email are you referring to?

The bad one

3|ink

Postby 3|ink » Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:54 pm

HappyTransfer2012 wrote:what are your stats?

T50 school
12% class rank
PT only

MakeItHappen3

Postby MakeItHappen3 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:57 pm

I think Jessuf is on the money here. Pretty much EVERYONE has received a status change at this point. Those who haven't probably will tomorrow when their apps get reviewed. This should put an end to the wild speculation until we're given something more concrete to go off of.

No matter what happens, this is a great group of applicants. Best of luck to everyone!

Jessuf wrote:I speculate that GULC looked at some people on 4/20, some people on 4/23. Acceptances and deferments mixed throughout. People without updates haven't been looked at yet.

I only think that because looking at everyone's stats and updates in this thread seem different from last year's thread. It seemed more clear cut last year.

HappyTransfer2012

Postby HappyTransfer2012 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:07 pm

Could not agree more with you above...

Seems like almost every one in here (which is a small sample) has had some type of status change... People on Friday had great numbers, people today great numbers... I think our speculation, though hilarious and so entertaining from my studying, is just what it is - speculation! The status change could mean nothing except that the candidate has been reviewed on that date...

Best of luck to everyone in here!!! Some of Yalls posts have been hilarious... My favorite is still the Will Ferrel KEEP COMPOSED VIDEO... maybe someone needs to post that again???

I swear to go this is what I will look like/ sound like if I get something in the mail, maybe some others in here who really want GULC... hahahaha you will laugh out loud... WATCH THIS -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFlcqWQVVuU

MakeItHappen3

Postby MakeItHappen3 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:11 pm

Love the slo-mo "Raaarrrrrrr!" LOL.

Hoping5000

Postby Hoping5000 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:16 pm

Very true everybody. But there must have been some kind of ordering system, right was definitely not alpha order. Tomorrow will be the day.

tink1

Postby tink1 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:23 pm

That video is great and is an accurate depiction of what I'll be doing if I get an acceptance in the mail: screaming a lot and fist pumping.

The important question, however, is why is that kid so damn excited about an N64...? Hasn't he ever heard of wii??

jessuf

Postby jessuf » Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:09 pm

tink1 wrote:The important question, however, is why is that kid so damn excited about an N64...? Hasn't he ever heard of wii??

NO, I LOVE N64.

More than Wii.

TTTehehe

Postby TTTehehe » Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:17 pm

Someone proposed a hypothesis earlier (page 31 maybe) that sooner is better when it comes to application status updates. They came to this conclusion after scouring through previous cycle EA threads.

I scoured these same threads. I also went the extra neurotic mile by 'stalking' the people that had status changes and seeing when they victoriously posted a user name/pw post. Generally, 4/18 update; 4/20 update (some un/pw access, some not); 4/21 update (un/pw access). I believe all had un/pw by 4/22.

I also read a few posts by those with late application status updates; they were all deferred (4/25 + update).

In conclusion, I verify the findings of the 'study' and have failed to reject the hypothesis.

It seems that sooner is indeed better when it comes to application status updates. We shall see, however, whether this remains true.

3|ink

Postby 3|ink » Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:21 pm

$2k is the down payment, right?

How long do they give you to pay?

TTRansfer

Postby TTRansfer » Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:28 pm

TTTehehe wrote:Someone proposed a hypothesis earlier (page 31 maybe) that sooner is better when it comes to application status updates. They came to this conclusion after scouring through previous cycle EA threads.

I scoured these same threads. I also went the extra neurotic mile by 'stalking' the people that had status changes and seeing when they victoriously posted a user name/pw post. Generally, 4/18 update; 4/20 update (some un/pw access, some not); 4/21 update (un/pw access). I believe all had un/pw by 4/22.

I also read a few posts by those with late application status updates; they were all deferred (4/25 + update).

In conclusion, I verify the findings of the 'study' and have failed to reject the hypothesis.

It seems that sooner is indeed better when it comes to application status updates. We shall see, however, whether this remains true.

Did all of the 4/18 people get access?

TTTehehe

Postby TTTehehe » Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:43 pm

TTRansfer wrote:
TTTehehe wrote:Someone proposed a hypothesis earlier (page 31 maybe) that sooner is better when it comes to application status updates. They came to this conclusion after scouring through previous cycle EA threads.

Of the people from THAT cycle reporting their updates, and coming back to update the thread, I believe so.

TTRansfer

Postby TTRansfer » Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:48 pm

TTTehehe wrote:
TTRansfer wrote:

Of the people from THAT cycle reporting their updates, and coming back to update the thread, I believe so.

So that's interesting. Here's hoping we get something either tomorrow or Wednesday. I need to send in my money to GW sooner or later... And I would prefer to send it to GULC.

Return to “Transfers”