Georgetown EA Applicants Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
SammyJ

New

Re: Georgetown EA Applicants

Post by SammyJ » Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:09 pm

Updated to 4/23!

First change for me...

YellowDD

New

Post by YellowDD » Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:12 pm

So we didn't learn anything new. This was just an update for people who did not get one the first time. LAME.

DD352

New

Post by DD352 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:13 pm

Okay, so what could this mean... Last year, there were changes on 4/18 and 4/20, right? Where those both good?

MakeItHappen3

New

Post by MakeItHappen3 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:15 pm

Anyone have a status change on 4/20 AND 4/23? Anyone not have any status change whatsoever?
Last edited by MakeItHappen3 on Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

crossarmant

Silver

Post by crossarmant » Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:16 pm

MakeItHappen3 wrote:Anyone have a status change on 4/20 AND 4/23? Anyone not have an status change whatsoever?
Only 4/20, not 4/23. It seems like 4/23 is an update for people who got emails on Friday.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

TTRansfer

Gold

Post by TTRansfer » Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:16 pm

DD352 wrote:Okay, so what could this mean... Last year, there were changes on 4/18 and 4/20, right? Where those both good?
Yes, last year there were two changes. IIRC (and I don't plan on going back through the thread again, lol) SOME people did only change on the 18th and then not the 20th while some people changed on the 18th and 20th. I don't think anyone who didn't change got in right away. I may be wrong, and someone please correct me if I am, that the ones that changed on the 18th but not the 20th were deferred (hence me being somewhat negative now about the new date change -- seems to point that the 20th people will be deferred while the 23rd people will be in). It's all speculation, but that is my very raw guess.

TFR

Bronze

Post by TFR » Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:16 pm

MakeItHappen3 wrote:Anyone have a status change on 4/20 AND 4/23? Anyone not have an status change whatsoever?
No status change whatsoever, it seems im the only one on this thread with no change?

YellowDD

New

Post by YellowDD » Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:17 pm

When did people first gain admission to the accepted students page?

TTRansfer

Gold

Post by TTRansfer » Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:18 pm

Friend of mine just got a status change. He did NOT receive an email NOR was he updated on the 20th.

So the change today was not just for people who got emails.
Last edited by TTRansfer on Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

2transferornot

New

Post by 2transferornot » Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:18 pm

crossarmant wrote:
Only 4/20, not 4/23. It seems like 4/23 is an update for people who got emails on Friday.
No, I didn't get an email on Friday. No update on Friday either. But date change today to 4/23.

crossarmant

Silver

Post by crossarmant » Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:23 pm

Oh well, coming to terms with my impending deferment. At least I've got GW & WUSTL. When I get my super awesome 4.0 this semester I'll just get RD anyways :roll: .

TTRansfer

Gold

Post by TTRansfer » Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:24 pm

crossarmant wrote:Oh well, coming to terms with my impending deferment. At least I've got GW. When I get my super awesome 4.0 this semester I'll just get RD anyways :roll: .
Same. :(

TransKing20

New

Post by TransKing20 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:24 pm

Can those who got updates today post their stats? I wonder if there were two waves of acceptances. I remember last year there being a week difference between those who were deferred and those who got accepted.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

YellowDD

New

Post by YellowDD » Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:26 pm

TransKing20 wrote:Can those who got updates today post their stats? I wonder if there were two waves of acceptances. I remember last year there being a week difference between those who were deferred and those who got accepted.
Updated 4-23
T-80's, 3.84, no rank.

MakeItHappen3

New

Post by MakeItHappen3 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:27 pm

I don't know friends, but it seems to me like this year is a bit different. I read the entire thread from 2011 and there was a far smaller percentage of people with a status change (either on 4/18 and/or 4/20). Let's be honest, roughly 100 out of 600 applicants are accepted according to GULC. With our sample size of say, 40-50 people, nearly everyone has received a status update. What are the chances the successful 1/6 all just happen to be on TLS? At this point, I think we'll know in a day or two when the little envelope arrives (or doesn't).

TTRansfer

Gold

Post by TTRansfer » Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:29 pm

MakeItHappen3 wrote:I don't know friends, but it seems to me like this year is a bit different. I read the entire thread from 2011 and there was a far smaller percentage of people with a status change (either on 4/18 and/or 4/20). Let's be honest, roughly 100 out of 600 applicants are accepted according to GULC. With our sample size of, say, 40-50 people, nearly everyone has received a status update. What are the chances the successful 1/6 all just happen to be on TLS? At this point, I think we'll know in a day or two when the little envelope arrives (or doesn't).
Hence my trepidation of getting exited. I was originally, but when I saw the stats of the non-updates and then those guys getting updated today... well, it just doesn't look too good for me.

crossarmant

Silver

Post by crossarmant » Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:30 pm

MakeItHappen3 wrote:I don't know friends, but it seems to me like this year is a bit different. I read the entire thread from 2011 and there was a far smaller percentage of people with a status change (either on 4/18 and/or 4/20). Let's be honest, roughly 100 out of 600 applicants are accepted according to GULC. With our sample size of say, 40-50 people, nearly everyone has received a status update. What are the chances the successful 1/6 all just happen to be on TLS? At this point, I think we'll know in a day or two when the little envelope arrives (or doesn't).
But don't you realize we'll have stress aneurysms and die by then?!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

SammyJ

New

Post by SammyJ » Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:31 pm

TTRansfer wrote:Friend of mine just got a status change. He did NOT receive an email NOR was he updated on the 20th.

So the change today was not just for people who got emails.
I am in this boat. No e-mail. No status change on 4/20. Just changed today to 4/23.

MakeItHappen3

New

Post by MakeItHappen3 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:32 pm

TTRansfer wrote:
MakeItHappen3 wrote:I don't know friends, but it seems to me like this year is a bit different. I read the entire thread from 2011 and there was a far smaller percentage of people with a status change (either on 4/18 and/or 4/20). Let's be honest, roughly 100 out of 600 applicants are accepted according to GULC. With our sample size of say, 40-50 people, nearly everyone has received a status update. What are the chances the successful 1/6 all just happen to be on TLS? At this point, I think we'll know in a day or two when the little envelope arrives (or doesn't).
Hence my trepidation of getting exited. I was originally, but when I saw the stats of the non-updates and then those guys getting updated today... well, it just doesn't look too good for me.
Yeah, my balloon just deflated too.

SammyJ

New

Post by SammyJ » Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:34 pm

TransKing20 wrote:Can those who got updates today post their stats? I wonder if there were two waves of acceptances. I remember last year there being a week difference between those who were deferred and those who got accepted.
First sign of life today. Updated to 4/23.

School in the 70s
Top 4%

YellowDD

New

Post by YellowDD » Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:34 pm

I thought they took a transfer class of approx. 100 people. Not that they only accepted 100 people.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

TTRansfer

Gold

Post by TTRansfer » Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:35 pm

YellowDD wrote:

I thought they took a transfer class of approx. 100 people. Not that they only accepted 100 people.
The entire transfer class is 100 people. EA makes up for probably about half of it or less.

DD352

New

Post by DD352 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:38 pm

MakeItHappen3 wrote:
TTRansfer wrote:
Well... Hold off on the dejection. I just finished reading though the 2011 EA thread, and it's literally all over the place. I can't make any sense of it, except for this. There were a range of updates, beginning on 4/16, 4/18, 4/20, 4/21. Some people received multiple updates, or some combination thereof. It seems like a large number of people with updates on 4/25 got deferred. If I HAD to guess, I'd say movement at the beginning is better than movement at the end. We really need another week's worth of time to have enough data to say anything else.

TTRansfer

Gold

Post by TTRansfer » Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:39 pm

DD352 wrote:
MakeItHappen3 wrote:
TTRansfer wrote:
Well... Hold off on the dejection. I just finished reading though the 2011 EA thread, and it's literally all over the place. I can't make any sense of it, except for this. There were a range of updates, beginning on 4/16, 4/18, 4/20, 4/21. Some people received multiple updates, or some combination thereof. It seems like a large number of people with updates on 4/25 got deferred. If I HAD to guess, I'd say movement at the beginning is better than movement at the end. We really need another week's worth of time to have enough data to say anything else.
I don't want another week's time because I have to pay $1000 to GW by the end of this one, hah.

jess

Post by jess » Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:41 pm

Last edited by jess on Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”