Georgetown EA Applicants

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
TTTehehe

Re: Georgetown EA Applicants

Postby TTTehehe » Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:48 pm

TTRansfer wrote:I don't see why we wouldn't find out SOMETHING today.

b/c it's funnier to see another day of speculation. :o

TTTehehe

Postby TTTehehe » Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:50 pm

Hoping5000 wrote:
TTRansfer wrote:I don't see why we wouldn't find out SOMETHING today.

I just noticed that when putting a dummy email and last name that the site says your information was not found like in .5 seconds but when putting in the legit information that it took like 2 seconds before saying not found. Is this just random or anyone else notice the same thing?

L O L :lol:

Hoping5000

Postby Hoping5000 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:24 pm

Why don't you let us study Georgetown?! Lol this will be a fun 24-36 hours to say the least.

lnllnl

Postby lnllnl » Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:33 pm

Hoping5000 wrote:Why don't you let us study Georgetown?! Lol this will be a fun 24-36 hours to say the least.

I'm betting we will see some movement in 2 hours.

2transferornot

Postby 2transferornot » Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:46 pm

Rather than checking my status, I'm better of tracking this thread. I'm sure that way I'll get to know as soon as something happens. Not that I'm hopeful at all because I did not have a date change :cry:

TTTehehe

Postby TTTehehe » Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:05 pm

I just noticed that I sneeze when I think about GULC. When I don't think about GULC, I don't sneeze. Anyone else? Stats? j/k :mrgreen:

TTRansfer

Postby TTRansfer » Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:27 pm

I wonder if GULC simply closed the backdoor loophole and are making us wait till we get physical copies.

TTTehehe

Postby TTTehehe » Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:29 pm

TTRansfer wrote:I wonder if GULC simply closed the backdoor loophole and are making us wait till we get physical copies.

Probably.

YellowDD

Postby YellowDD » Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:29 pm

TTTehehe wrote:
TTRansfer wrote:I wonder if GULC simply closed the backdoor loophole and are making us wait till we get physical copies.

Probably.

That's what I have been thinking since Friday.

2transferornot

Postby 2transferornot » Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:32 pm

YellowDD wrote:
TTTehehe wrote:

Probably.

That's unlikely. Then they would have to guess when you would receive hard copies and try to log in. Or fix a login date after when they think everybody would have gotten their letters. Too much hassle.

TTRansfer

Postby TTRansfer » Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:33 pm

2transferornot wrote:
YellowDD wrote:
TTTehehe wrote:

Probably.

That's unlikely. Then they would have to guess when you would receive hard copies and try to log in. Or fix a login date after when they think everybody would have gotten their letters. Too much hassle.

Perhaps, then, that it will open tomorrow or so.

HappyTransfer2012

Postby HappyTransfer2012 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:34 pm

Okay I think I missed the ball here.. But could someone explain in very straight forward/ direction style terms the "back door trick" of checking the admitted students site?

What should you do to try it... ?

TTTehehe

Postby TTTehehe » Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:38 pm

HappyTransfer2012 wrote:Okay I think I missed the ball here.. But could someone explain in very straight forward/ direction style terms the "back door trick" of checking the admitted students site?

What should you do to try it... ?

Go to the GULC campus. Go to admissions office. Go through back door. Ask if you have been admitted. Tada!

HappyTransfer2012

Postby HappyTransfer2012 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:41 pm

Haha that's SO funny!

TTTehehe

Postby TTTehehe » Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:42 pm

HappyTransfer2012 wrote:Haha that's SO funny!

:P

Lawst

Postby Lawst » Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:52 pm

As much as I enjoy conspiracy theories, I just looked at the GULC 2015 thread, and 0Ls are generating passwords from the ASW, so doesn't seem the loophole is closed.

However, I have stumbled upon a new conspiracy to consider - if USA has been added to your status checker address, it's a good sign. Apparently they don't bother to add the country unless they need to send out a mailing and they only mail acceptances (so said someone in that the thread). One kid in the 2015 thread said the USA was added on a Friday and he was able to generate a password Monday.

So, go chew on that for a while, I guess. I have no USA in my address box, but I don't know if any other 4/20 updates have it or if it even means anything. It makes about as much sense as anything else we're discussing.

opX

Postby opX » Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:59 pm

Lawst wrote:However, I have stumbled upon a new conspiracy to consider - if USA has been added to your status checker address, it's a good sign. Apparently they don't bother to add the country unless they need to send out a mailing and they only mail acceptances (so said someone in that the thread). One kid in the 2015 thread said the USA was added on a Friday and he was able to generate a password Monday.

I did not need to hear this lol...... good diggin though.

SammyJ

Postby SammyJ » Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:59 pm

Lawst wrote:As much as I enjoy conspiracy theories, I just looked at the GULC 2015 thread, and 0Ls are generating passwords from the ASW, so doesn't seem the loophole is closed.

However, I have stumbled upon a new conspiracy to consider - if USA has been added to your status checker address, it's a good sign. Apparently they don't bother to add the country unless they need to send out a mailing and they only mail acceptances (so said someone in that the thread). One kid in the 2015 thread said the USA was added on a Friday and he was able to generate a password Monday.

So, go chew on that for a while, I guess. I have no USA in my address box, but I don't know if any other 4/20 updates have it or if it even means anything. It makes about as much sense as anything else we're discussing.

Interesting....

No status change, No USA. No chance? Who knows..

TTRansfer

Postby TTRansfer » Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:00 pm

Lawst wrote:As much as I enjoy conspiracy theories, I just looked at the GULC 2015 thread, and 0Ls are generating passwords from the ASW, so doesn't seem the loophole is closed.

No USA.

Any NON 4/20 updates have USA?

canesfan1986

Postby canesfan1986 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:01 pm

Negative. But we are now officially insane.

SammyJ

Postby SammyJ » Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:01 pm

canesfan1986 wrote:Negative. But we are now officially insane.

+1

opX

Postby opX » Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:01 pm

USA! USA! USA!

at least this thread is now patriotic.

.. and no, i dont have the new trendy "USA" update.

TTTehehe

Postby TTTehehe » Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:02 pm

TTRansfer wrote:

No USA.

Any NON 4/20 updates have USA?

Here we go... lol

crossarmant

Postby crossarmant » Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:04 pm

canesfan1986 wrote:Negative. But we are now officially insane.

"Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results."

Indeed.

TTRansfer

Postby TTRansfer » Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:04 pm

Has anyone just emailed them about this yet?

Return to “Transfers”