Georgetown EA Applicants

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
TransKing20
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:54 pm

Re: Georgetown EA Applicants

Postby TransKing20 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:06 pm

TTRansfer wrote:
TransKing20 wrote:
TTRansfer wrote:
TransKing20 wrote:You don't think that they are waiting for the acceptance letters to reach the people who got in before they start notifying everyone else if they got deferred etc.? This would make sense. I think in the last few years the first wave got in and then a week later emails were sent to others on the list about being deferred. This like last year is all speculation but it makes sense. It is very plausible that many more people will get in for EA later though. Suspense is killing me too.


Yeah, but I'd assume that the acceptances would have had their status changed as per the last few years. I would find it odd for them to just completely change their system for no real reason, ya know? Would not make all that much sense.


What do you mean? How was it before? So you think out of the people who had gotten the date change may have gotten deferred etc? Isn't easier doing it all in one shot or accepting people early on... I mean they did have our applications for a very long time. I think GW also gave all their acceptances on one day and then most other people are still waiting having heard nothing.


Well, last year and the year before people had gotten some notice by the date change. It seemed to represent a good thing. This year, looking at the numbers, it would SEEM to represent the opposite. Yet at the same time, I haven't bothered to really look at the numbers of people who got the date update last year so I can't really say if today is good or bad.

Anecdotal evidence would make it seem like it's a good thing based on precedent last year or the year before or a bad thing based on grades, somehow.



Yah guess we will wait and see. I am currently in a T1 school in the top 5%, years of work experience, another post-undergrad degree and was very specific on why I wanted to go to Georgetown and how I wanted to be in DC. I think the numbers from last year was comparable but then again we are a scewed sample. I hope we all get in. Sigh.

User avatar
TTRansfer
Posts: 3796
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:08 am

Re: Georgetown EA Applicants

Postby TTRansfer » Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:07 pm

crossarmant wrote:Going through last years it wasn't too terribly different numbers wise. It seemed all over the place. Some TTTs, T2 w/ 10%s, T1s w/ 5%, etc. It mean it seems sort of varied too.


So maybe this is a good thing. I really don't know. The only thing we can even go on is last year and the year before. Everything else is just kind of meaningless speculation. At least we have some sort of hard data from last year.

I am slightly happier -- especially after seeing the two T1/T2 guys with super great GPAs get the status change. I mean, may be outliers and wrote "Fuck Georgetown" as an essay or something. Who knows? I'll try and remain relatively blah on this, I'm sure, until I get news one way or the other.

2transferornot
Posts: 89
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:11 pm

Re: Georgetown EA Applicants

Postby 2transferornot » Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:15 pm

I agree that date change is definitely a good thing. But last year wasn't it multiple date changes? Is it true that everyone who got a first date change was in and everyone who didn't get a first date change was deferred?

User avatar
crossarmant
Posts: 1116
Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:01 am

Re: Georgetown EA Applicants

Postby crossarmant » Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:21 pm

2transferornot wrote:I agree that date change is definitely a good thing. But last year wasn't it multiple date changes? Is it true that everyone who got a first date change was in and everyone who didn't get a first date change was deferred?


No, there was an inital 4/18 date change, not everyone got that. Then all those 4/18 date changes turned to 4/20s. I don't think anyone who got the 4/18 didn't get the 4/20 change, I'm pretty sure they all got acceptances.

canesfan1986
Posts: 443
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:28 pm

Re: Georgetown EA Applicants

Postby canesfan1986 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:26 pm

Anyone with a date change today able to log onto the Admitted Students site?

User avatar
TTRansfer
Posts: 3796
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:08 am

Re: Georgetown EA Applicants

Postby TTRansfer » Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:26 pm

canesfan1986 wrote:Anyone with a date change today able to log onto the Admitted Students site?


No. Last year that also came a day or so later.

MidAtlantic
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:40 pm

Re: Georgetown EA Applicants

Postby MidAtlantic » Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:31 pm

May the odds be ever in our favor.

arigoldwannabe
Posts: 107
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:24 pm

Re: Georgetown EA Applicants

Postby arigoldwannabe » Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:39 pm

opX wrote:Here is how we are going to do this:

If you are got a status change today, quote this post and say your 1) GPA rank, 2) School Rank, 3) Full-Time/Part-Time, and 4) Morning Email yes/no

Me: Status Change 4/20
within top 10% (all we get to know)
T55
Full-Time only
No Morning email


Hopefully I'm another wench...

Top 6%
T1/T2(I was at a t1 till the new rankings came out and dropped us to #51)
FT
No email

jarofsoup
Posts: 1952
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:41 am

Re: Georgetown EA Applicants

Postby jarofsoup » Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:42 pm

I really think that the only importance to the email was to know if you are taking Constitutional Law this semester...and that it is not indicative of much. It could also explain if some of those people do not change because it may take further evaluation.

TransKing20
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:54 pm

Re: Georgetown EA Applicants

Postby TransKing20 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:43 pm

arigoldwannabe wrote:
opX wrote:Here is how we are going to do this:

If you are got a status change today, quote this post and say your 1) GPA rank, 2) School Rank, 3) Full-Time/Part-Time, and 4) Morning Email yes/no

Me: Status Change 4/20
within top 10% (all we get to know)
T55
Full-Time only
No Morning email


Hopefully I'm another wench...

Top 6%
T1/T2(I was at a t1 till the new rankings came out and dropped us to #51)
FT
No email



Did your status date change though? Only a few people got emails which at this point does not mean anything. A lot of people had their status change and not receive an email. The email were for few individuals who were asked to provide their second semester classes.

MidAtlantic
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:40 pm

Re: Georgetown EA Applicants

Postby MidAtlantic » Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:47 pm

Assuming that some people (from either update or non-update status) got in, do you think they mailed out letters today? How long between date changes and receipt of letters in past year or two?

canesfan1986
Posts: 443
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:28 pm

Re: Georgetown EA Applicants

Postby canesfan1986 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:50 pm

jarofsoup wrote:I really think that the only importance to the email was to know if you are taking Constitutional Law this semester...and that it is not indicative of much. It could also explain if some of those people do not change because it may take further evaluation.


Did anyone who get an email today also get a status update? My email said, "The Admissions Committee is currently reviewing your Early Action transfer application and has a question regarding your file. The
Committee would like to know what courses you are currently taking this semester (as this information was not included on your law school transcript). Please respond to this email with a list of your current courses as soon as possible."

It's possible that those of us who got emails are still being reviewed. I don't think anyone who got a date change was asked for an email. Therefore, my entirely speculative conjecture, is that people who got the email are still being reviewed and maybe the other people with status updates were already done because the committee knew what class they were taking. It does say that they are currently reviewing our files. That's about as speculative as it gets, though.
Last edited by canesfan1986 on Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
TTRansfer
Posts: 3796
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:08 am

Re: Georgetown EA Applicants

Postby TTRansfer » Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:51 pm

MidAtlantic wrote:Assuming that some people (from either update or non-update status) got in, do you think they mailed out letters today? How long between date changes and receipt of letters in past year or two?


About 4-5. Depending on how close to DC you are, I guess.

arigoldwannabe
Posts: 107
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:24 pm

Re: Georgetown EA Applicants

Postby arigoldwannabe » Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:14 pm

TransKing20 wrote:
arigoldwannabe wrote:
opX wrote:Here is how we are going to do this:

If you are got a status change today, quote this post and say your 1) GPA rank, 2) School Rank, 3) Full-Time/Part-Time, and 4) Morning Email yes/no

Me: Status Change 4/20
within top 10% (all we get to know)
T55
Full-Time only
No Morning email


Hopefully I'm another wench...

Top 6%
T1/T2(I was at a t1 till the new rankings came out and dropped us to #51)
FT
No email



Did your status date change though? Only a few people got emails which at this point does not mean anything. A lot of people had their status change and not receive an email. The email were for few individuals who were asked to provide their second semester classes.


Ya it changed.

User avatar
Mce252
Posts: 940
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:43 pm

Re: Georgetown EA Applicants

Postby Mce252 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:17 pm

opX wrote:Here is how we are going to do this PART 2:

If you DID NOT get a status change today, quote this post and say your 1) GPA rank, 2) School Rank, 3) Full-Time/Part-Time, and 4) Morning Email yes/no


1.) 4.04 GPA - top 1% (maybe # 1)
2.) TTTT
3.) FT
4.) No morning email

MakeItHappen3
Posts: 58
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:17 pm

Re: Georgetown EA Applicants

Postby MakeItHappen3 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:22 pm

Let me preface this by saying that this whole ordeal has totally derailed my planned study sesh. I just can't stop pondering the question: What would be the purpose of taking some affirmative act so late on a Friday afternoon? Surely GULC has to know that we are checking our status checkers every hour on the hour, right? If one's status has been updated, does this necessarily mean that a decision has been rendered one way or another? Does it mean we've been "tapped" to gain access to the ASW at some point in the not-too-distant future? Does it mean we've set aside and deferred? I just can't help but wonder and speculate "what it all means!"

User avatar
Mce252
Posts: 940
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:43 pm

Re: Georgetown EA Applicants

Postby Mce252 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:24 pm

yabuddy wrote:
opX wrote:Here is how we are going to do this PART 2:

If you DID NOT get a status change today, quote this post and say your 1) GPA rank, 2) School Rank, 3) Full-Time/Part-Time, and 4) Morning Email yes/no



1) 3.9x / top 5%
2) T30
3) FT
4) No


This post alone is enough to convince me that the date change either means nothing or is negative.

TransKing20
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:54 pm

Re: Georgetown EA Applicants

Postby TransKing20 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:26 pm

Mce252 wrote:
yabuddy wrote:
opX wrote:Here is how we are going to do this PART 2:

If you DID NOT get a status change today, quote this post and say your 1) GPA rank, 2) School Rank, 3) Full-Time/Part-Time, and 4) Morning Email yes/no



1) 3.9x / top 5%
2) T30
3) FT
4) No


This post alone is enough to convince me that the date change either means nothing or is negative.


So I guess all of us got deferred or rejected then.

2transferornot
Posts: 89
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:11 pm

Re: Georgetown EA Applicants

Postby 2transferornot » Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:28 pm

crossarmant wrote:
2transferornot wrote:I agree that date change is definitely a good thing. But last year wasn't it multiple date changes? Is it true that everyone who got a first date change was in and everyone who didn't get a first date change was deferred?


No, there was an inital 4/18 date change, not everyone got that. Then all those 4/18 date changes turned to 4/20s. I don't think anyone who got the 4/18 didn't get the 4/20 change, I'm pretty sure they all got acceptances.


If this is accurate, then there is very little chance it is any different this time. Those that got the change are in. Why would it be anything else? No use trying to speculate with numbers.

User avatar
Mce252
Posts: 940
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:43 pm

Re: Georgetown EA Applicants

Postby Mce252 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:30 pm

TransKing20 wrote:
Mce252 wrote:
yabuddy wrote:
opX wrote:Here is how we are going to do this PART 2:

If you DID NOT get a status change today, quote this post and say your 1) GPA rank, 2) School Rank, 3) Full-Time/Part-Time, and 4) Morning Email yes/no



1) 3.9x / top 5%
2) T30
3) FT
4) No


This post alone is enough to convince me that the date change either means nothing or is negative.


So I guess all of us got deferred or rejected then.


I have no idea. I just can't imagine that anyone in the top five percent at a top thirty school wouldn't be a shoe in, unless he/she drew a swastika on their application.

User avatar
TTTehehe
Posts: 190
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:00 pm

Re: Georgetown EA Applicants

Postby TTTehehe » Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:35 pm

Mce252 wrote:
yabuddy wrote:
opX wrote:Here is how we are going to do this PART 2:

If you DID NOT get a status change today, quote this post and say your 1) GPA rank, 2) School Rank, 3) Full-Time/Part-Time, and 4) Morning Email yes/no



1) 3.9x / top 5%
2) T30
3) FT
4) No


This post alone is enough to convince me that the date change either means nothing or is negative.


:lol:

User avatar
TTTehehe
Posts: 190
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:00 pm

Re: Georgetown EA Applicants

Postby TTTehehe » Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:39 pm

2transferornot wrote:
crossarmant wrote:
2transferornot wrote:I agree that date change is definitely a good thing. But last year wasn't it multiple date changes? Is it true that everyone who got a first date change was in and everyone who didn't get a first date change was deferred?


No, there was an inital 4/18 date change, not everyone got that. Then all those 4/18 date changes turned to 4/20s. I don't think anyone who got the 4/18 didn't get the 4/20 change, I'm pretty sure they all got acceptances.


If this is accurate, then there is very little chance it is any different this time. Those that got the change are in. Why would it be anything else? No use trying to speculate with numbers.


Ding, ding, ding. Until we can reject the null hypothesis with observed data, we have to assume that it is still true. We'll see on Monday. 8)

opX
Posts: 215
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:29 am

Re: Georgetown EA Applicants

Postby opX » Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:18 pm

so - you think that its good to get the status update, based off last years data?
despite the reported numbers of the status updaters?

including me: top 10% at near T1.

User avatar
TTRansfer
Posts: 3796
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:08 am

Re: Georgetown EA Applicants

Postby TTRansfer » Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:19 pm

opX wrote:so - you think that its good to get the status update, based off last years data?
despite the reported numbers of the status updaters?

including me: top 10% at near T1.


I honestly have no idea, but it's the only real data that we have.

DD352
Posts: 31
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:57 pm

Re: Georgetown EA Applicants

Postby DD352 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:20 pm

This question might have been asked and answered in the cluster-f*ck of the last few pages, but does anyone have a good-faith reason to believe that everyone whose status changed today, or didn't change today, will all receive the same decision?

I'm not asking whether status change = admit/deferral, but whether it could mean the SAME THING for everyone, or whether it could be a mix of admittances and deferrals.




Return to “Transfers”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.