Georgetown EA Applicants

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
MakeItHappen3
Posts: 58
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:17 pm

Re: Georgetown EA Applicants

Postby MakeItHappen3 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:15 pm

Despite what happened last year, I tend to think a change in status means nothing for the following reasons:

a) I am TTTT.
b) Last year, status changes were followed by access to the Admitted Students site; this year, no such access was granted.
c) I am TTTT.

MidAtlantic
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:40 pm

Re: Georgetown EA Applicants

Postby MidAtlantic » Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:18 pm

I did get a status update today.

3.8x (not ranked)
T50s
no morning email

oy.

jarofsoup
Posts: 1952
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:41 am

Re: Georgetown EA Applicants

Postby jarofsoup » Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:23 pm

So the next step in this process is being to access the admitted students site???? Does anything else actually happen?

HappyTransfer2012
Posts: 50
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:10 am

Re: Georgetown EA Applicants

Postby HappyTransfer2012 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:26 pm

opX wrote:Here is how we are going to do this:

If you are got a status change today, quote this post and say your 1) GPA rank, 2) School Rank, 3) Full-Time/Part-Time, and 4) Morning Email yes/no

Me: Status Change 4/20
within top 10% (all we get to know)
T55
Full-Time only
No Morning email



Me: Status change 4/20
Top 10% T50
Full-time only
No morning email

SammyJ
Posts: 82
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:36 pm

Re: Georgetown EA Applicants

Postby SammyJ » Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:30 pm

1. 3.88- Top 4%
2. 70-80
3. FT
4. No e-mail this morning

Still complete at 3/14

User avatar
TTRansfer
Posts: 3796
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:08 am

Re: Georgetown EA Applicants

Postby TTRansfer » Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:37 pm

MidAtlantic wrote:I did get a status update today.

3.8x (not ranked)
T50s
no morning email

oy.


You just threw a wrench into this all.

canesfan1986
Posts: 443
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:28 pm

Re: Georgetown EA Applicants

Postby canesfan1986 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:44 pm

TTRansfer wrote:
MidAtlantic wrote:I did get a status update today.

3.8x (not ranked)
T50s
no morning email

oy.


You just threw a wrench into this all.


Outlier?

User avatar
TTRansfer
Posts: 3796
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:08 am

Re: Georgetown EA Applicants

Postby TTRansfer » Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:46 pm

canesfan1986 wrote:
TTRansfer wrote:
MidAtlantic wrote:I did get a status update today.

3.8x (not ranked)
T50s
no morning email

oy.


You just threw a wrench into this all.


Outlier?


Who knows at this point?

Upintheair7
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:47 pm

Re: Georgetown EA Applicants

Postby Upintheair7 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:52 pm

My status was updated today as well.

3.7 (not ranked)
T40s
no email this morning

User avatar
TTRansfer
Posts: 3796
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:08 am

Re: Georgetown EA Applicants

Postby TTRansfer » Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:01 pm

Upintheair7 wrote:My status was updated today as well.

3.7 (not ranked)
T40s
no email this morning


Another wrench.

izzy2977
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:19 pm

Re: Georgetown EA Applicants

Postby izzy2977 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:03 pm

Isn't it possible that not all of the status changes are solely acceptances or rejections? Why can't some be acceptances and some be rejections depending on the qualifications?

MidAtlantic
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:40 pm

Re: Georgetown EA Applicants

Postby MidAtlantic » Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:05 pm

wild conjecture: working their way through the list alphabetically.

canesfan1986
Posts: 443
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:28 pm

Re: Georgetown EA Applicants

Postby canesfan1986 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:06 pm

MidAtlantic wrote:wild conjecture: working their way through the list alphabetically.


This game seems fun. My last name starts with S and I have not received an update. lol

2transferornot
Posts: 89
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:11 pm

Re: Georgetown EA Applicants

Postby 2transferornot » Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:09 pm

I think the best indicator would be the number (percentage of people) in this list that got in. It seems like >50% of the people in this list have had a status change. In the previous years, did >50% of the applicants on tls make it via EA?

IsTheFatLadySinging
Posts: 179
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:06 am

Re: Georgetown EA Applicants

Postby IsTheFatLadySinging » Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:09 pm

oooh
Last edited by IsTheFatLadySinging on Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
TTTehehe
Posts: 190
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:00 pm

Re: Georgetown EA Applicants

Postby TTTehehe » Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:11 pm

I registered just to chuckle. :lol: Let's throw previous cycle experiences out the window and base conclusions on a non-representative sample frame. 8) Whatever gets us through the weekend, right? :mrgreen:

jarofsoup
Posts: 1952
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:41 am

Re: Georgetown EA Applicants

Postby jarofsoup » Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:16 pm

This is much more fun on the Chicago ED thread because whatever happens it is more likely than not that we will all get rejected.

johnB86
Posts: 54
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:33 pm

Re: Georgetown EA Applicants

Postby johnB86 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:19 pm

.
Last edited by johnB86 on Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
TTTehehe
Posts: 190
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:00 pm

Re: Georgetown EA Applicants

Postby TTTehehe » Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:28 pm

johnB86 wrote:Try not to freak out--a lot of you will have numbers for T10 admission anyway.


Yep. I see some phenomenal numbers in this thread. I'm sure good news will come from some place or another.

User avatar
TTRansfer
Posts: 3796
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:08 am

Re: Georgetown EA Applicants

Postby TTRansfer » Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:31 pm

The main thing keeping me somewhat optimistic is that I have yet to get an email saying I am deferred. I'd have to believe that if we were all deferred today that we'd of gotten some type of notification. Because itd mean that they took actual, affirmative action today and not let people know via a simple email (their preferred way of rejection)? Would seem weird.

TransKing20
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:54 pm

Re: Georgetown EA Applicants

Postby TransKing20 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:51 pm

You don't think that they are waiting for the acceptance letters to reach the people who got in before they start notifying everyone else if they got deferred etc.? This would make sense. I think in the last few years the first wave got in and then a week later emails were sent to others on the list about being deferred. This like last year is all speculation but it makes sense. It is very plausible that many more people will get in for EA later though. Suspense is killing me too.

User avatar
TTRansfer
Posts: 3796
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:08 am

Re: Georgetown EA Applicants

Postby TTRansfer » Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:53 pm

TransKing20 wrote:You don't think that they are waiting for the acceptance letters to reach the people who got in before they start notifying everyone else if they got deferred etc.? This would make sense. I think in the last few years the first wave got in and then a week later emails were sent to others on the list about being deferred. This like last year is all speculation but it makes sense. It is very plausible that many more people will get in for EA later though. Suspense is killing me too.


Yeah, but I'd assume that the acceptances would have had their status changed as per the last few years. I would find it odd for them to just completely change their system for no real reason, ya know? Would not make all that much sense.

TransKing20
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:54 pm

Re: Georgetown EA Applicants

Postby TransKing20 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:57 pm

TTRansfer wrote:
TransKing20 wrote:You don't think that they are waiting for the acceptance letters to reach the people who got in before they start notifying everyone else if they got deferred etc.? This would make sense. I think in the last few years the first wave got in and then a week later emails were sent to others on the list about being deferred. This like last year is all speculation but it makes sense. It is very plausible that many more people will get in for EA later though. Suspense is killing me too.


Yeah, but I'd assume that the acceptances would have had their status changed as per the last few years. I would find it odd for them to just completely change their system for no real reason, ya know? Would not make all that much sense.


What do you mean? How was it before? So you think out of the people who had gotten the date change may have gotten deferred etc? Isn't easier doing it all in one shot or accepting people early on... I mean they did have our applications for a very long time. I think GW also gave all their acceptances on one day and then most other people are still waiting having heard nothing.

User avatar
TTRansfer
Posts: 3796
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:08 am

Re: Georgetown EA Applicants

Postby TTRansfer » Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:59 pm

TransKing20 wrote:
TTRansfer wrote:
TransKing20 wrote:You don't think that they are waiting for the acceptance letters to reach the people who got in before they start notifying everyone else if they got deferred etc.? This would make sense. I think in the last few years the first wave got in and then a week later emails were sent to others on the list about being deferred. This like last year is all speculation but it makes sense. It is very plausible that many more people will get in for EA later though. Suspense is killing me too.


Yeah, but I'd assume that the acceptances would have had their status changed as per the last few years. I would find it odd for them to just completely change their system for no real reason, ya know? Would not make all that much sense.


What do you mean? How was it before? So you think out of the people who had gotten the date change may have gotten deferred etc? Isn't easier doing it all in one shot or accepting people early on... I mean they did have our applications for a very long time. I think GW also gave all their acceptances on one day and then most other people are still waiting having heard nothing.


Well, last year and the year before people had gotten some notice by the date change. It seemed to represent a good thing. This year, looking at the numbers, it would SEEM to represent the opposite. Yet at the same time, I haven't bothered to really look at the numbers of people who got the date update last year so I can't really say if today is good or bad.

Anecdotal evidence would make it seem like it's a good thing based on precedent last year or the year before or a bad thing based on grades, somehow.

User avatar
crossarmant
Posts: 1116
Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:01 am

Re: Georgetown EA Applicants

Postby crossarmant » Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:03 pm

TTRansfer wrote:Well, last year and the year before people had gotten some notice by the date change. It seemed to represent a good thing. This year, looking at the numbers, it would SEEM to represent the opposite. Yet at the same time, I haven't bothered to really look at the numbers of people who got the date update last year so I can't really say if today is good or bad.

Anecdotal evidence would make it seem like it's a good thing based on precedent last year or the year before or a bad thing based on grades, somehow.


Going through last years it wasn't too terribly different numbers wise. It seemed all over the place. Some TTTs, T2 w/ 10%s, T1s w/ 5%, etc. It mean it seems sort of varied too.




Return to “Transfers”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.