Georgetown EA Applicants

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
yabuddy

Re: Georgetown EA Applicants

Postby yabuddy » Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:43 pm

opX wrote:Here is how we are going to do this PART 2:

If you DID NOT get a status change today, quote this post and say your 1) GPA rank, 2) School Rank, 3) Full-Time/Part-Time, and 4) Morning Email yes/no

1) 3.9x / top 5%
2) T30
3) FT
4) No

opX

Postby opX » Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:44 pm

TTRansfer wrote:
opX wrote:not gonna lie: the EXTREMELY narrow sample size so far looks like status update = Bad thing.

I agree. Looks like a first wave of GTFOs.

:D :) :?: :| :( :arrow: :cry:
(my tom cruise emotional roller coaster).

TTRansfer

Postby TTRansfer » Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:44 pm

opX wrote:
TTRansfer wrote:
opX wrote:not gonna lie: the EXTREMELY narrow sample size so far looks like status update = Bad thing.

:D :) :?: :| :( :arrow: :cry:
(my tom cruise emotional roller coaster).

Heh, same.

jessuf

Postby jessuf » Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:44 pm

If you DID NOT get a status change today, quote this post and say your 1) GPA rank, 2) School Rank, 3) Full-Time/Part-Time, and 4) Morning Email yes/no

1. 3.8xx top 1%
2. T3 :(
3. FT
4. No

jessuf

Postby jessuf » Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:45 pm

yabuddy wrote:

1) 3.9x / top 5%
2) T30
3) FT
4) No

Why GULC? Seems like your employment opportunities would be pretty solid, no?

MakeItHappen3

Postby MakeItHappen3 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:46 pm

opX wrote:Here is how we are going to do this:

If you are got a status change today, quote this post and say your 1) GPA rank, 2) School Rank, 3) Full-Time/Part-Time, and 4) Morning Email yes/no

Me: Status Change 4/20
within top 10% (all we get to know)
T55
Full-Time only
No Morning email

Status Change, 4/20
Top 9%
TTTT
Both
No morning email

opX

Postby opX » Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:46 pm

@ Jessuf,

I feel pretty good about your chances. GULC likes top1%. Means you are a gunner.
Friend of mine got in with those numbers in years past from a t4

izzy2977

Postby izzy2977 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:47 pm

If you are got a status change today, quote this post and say your 1) GPA rank, 2) School Rank, 3) Full-Time/Part-Time, and 4) Morning Email yes/no

T55
Full-Time only
No Morning email

Top 3%
High T3
Full Time
No Email

yabuddy

Postby yabuddy » Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:50 pm

Jessuf wrote:
yabuddy wrote:

1) 3.9x / top 5%
2) T30
3) FT
4) No

Why GULC? Seems like your employment opportunities would be pretty solid, no?

Mostly for geographic preferences, I'd like to work in NY (close to family) and cant get that from where I am

MakeItHappen3

Postby MakeItHappen3 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:50 pm

I agree. Looks like a first wave of GTFOs.[/quote]

Bahahahahaha!!! :lol:

lnllnl

Postby lnllnl » Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:52 pm

TTRansfer wrote:

Hah. Truth. Which is why I'm walking to the corner store to get me some beer!

3|ink

Postby 3|ink » Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:53 pm

Why do you guys think the people who got updates today are the first wave of GTFOs?

TTRansfer

Postby TTRansfer » Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:55 pm

3|ink wrote:Why do you guys think the people who got updates today are the first wave of GTFOs?

Again, not to be mean or anything, but a top 10% in T4 likely wouldn't get in over a top 2% at a T1. Just would seem really weird. And most all of the non-changers have better stats than the changers. Just seems like it would end up going that way due to those factors.

opX

Postby opX » Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:55 pm

3|ink wrote:Why do you guys think the people who got updates today are the first wave of GTFOs?

All of us are "maybe admit" at best. while some LEGIT numbers have no status update.

TTRansfer

Postby TTRansfer » Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:57 pm

opX wrote:

All of us are "maybe admit" at best. while some LEGIT numbers have no status update.

The only (and relatively irrational) thing I can think of is GULC thinks we have acceptances into GW and want sto poach us quickly -- while thinking that the higher ups don't give a shit about GW and won't apply there anyway.

But I think that that line of thinking is, more or less, a pipe dream.

DD352

Postby DD352 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:58 pm

T55
Full-Time only
No Morning email

Status change 4/20
Somewhere around top 15%
T100
FT
No morning email

opX

Postby opX » Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:59 pm

TTRansfer wrote:
opX wrote:

The only (and relatively irrational) thing I can think of is GULC thinks we have acceptances into GW and want sto poach us quickly -- while thinking that the higher ups don't give a shit about GW and won't apply there anyway.

But I think that that line of thinking is, more or less, a pipe dream.

Thats an fantastic spin on it!!!!!!

:? but they know people would bail on GW for Gulc..... deposit or no deposit.

3|ink

Postby 3|ink » Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:59 pm

opX wrote:

My numbers aren't great and I didn't get an update:

12%
T50

But that could just mean I'll be the next round of rejects.

opX

Postby opX » Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:01 pm

The best pipe dream I can come up with is that they have more people working on the T2 and T3 applications because there are simply more of us..... So we get updates and the T1's havent been updated yet.

TTRansfer

Postby TTRansfer » Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:03 pm

opX wrote:The best pipe dream I can come up with is that they have more people working on the T2 and T3 applications because there are simply more of us..... So we get updates and the T1's havent been updated yet.

Just don't see this being a good thing, though. Like I said -- buddy of mine at my school is top 2%. No change. I am top 5%. Change. .1 or so difference in GPA might not mean much, I guess, but :: shrugs ::

Just being negative on this. Will make me happier if I get in and not as dejected if I don't.

opX

Postby opX » Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:10 pm

Well - while I expect that this status update is a bad thing. I looked back at least years thread and this is what I came up with.

Possible Timeline:

It looks like the Admiss Office is 3 days behind where they were last year, if the updates actually mean anything.

It is possible that some people might get an update to Under Review over this weekend, but that will likely happen on Monday/Tuesday.

Probably get some Decision Reached, status updates by Wednesday-Friday.

Then if you can get on to the admitted students website (assuming that they havent fixed this) you got in. Generally it took 3 days after going DR to be able to get on the site.

opX

Postby opX » Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:11 pm

anyway. See you guys on monday.

same bat time, same bat channel.

crossarmant

Postby crossarmant » Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:12 pm

TTRansfer wrote:
opX wrote:The best pipe dream I can come up with is that they have more people working on the T2 and T3 applications because there are simply more of us..... So we get updates and the T1's havent been updated yet.

Just don't see this being a good thing, though. Like I said -- buddy of mine at my school is top 2%. No change. I am top 5%. Change. .1 or so difference in GPA might not mean much, I guess, but :: shrugs ::

Just being negative on this. Will make me happier if I get in and not as dejected if I don't.

We're also an absurdly small sample size. As someone said, they get like 600 transfer applications for EA & RD, yet there are like 15 of us splitting hairs. Let's not forget that it's 15 of us (out of probably over 150 applicants) on an online law school forum, we're obviously a very skewed sample. I mean, the first wave of changes last year meant they got in, same with the year before that. I still have hope for everyone.

TTRansfer

Postby TTRansfer » Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:13 pm

crossarmant wrote:
TTRansfer wrote:

We're also an absurdly small sample size. As someone said, they get like 600 transfer applications for EA & RD, yet there are like 15 of us splitting hairs. Let's not forget that it's 15 of us (out of probably over 150 applicants) on an online law school forum, we're obviously a very skewed sample. I mean, the first wave of changes last year meant they got in, same with the year before that. I still have hope for everyone.

Was that the trend for both years? I know last year that they got one update (18th) and the 2nd shortly after (20th).

What was the year before?

opX

Postby opX » Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:14 pm

aww. Hope.

Return to “Transfers”