Georgetown EA Applicants

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
IsTheFatLadySinging
Posts: 179
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:06 am

Re: Georgetown EA Applicants

Postby IsTheFatLadySinging » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:21 pm

yabuddy wrote:Fingers crossed for tomorrow.

Friday seems like the perfect day to let out decisions. Can either go out and celebrate, or drown our sorrows.


Either way we'll be drinking :lol:

User avatar
TTRansfer
Posts: 3796
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:08 am

Re: Georgetown EA Applicants

Postby TTRansfer » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:34 pm

Would be awesome to get a decision tomorrow.

YellowDD
Posts: 54
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:56 pm

Re: Georgetown EA Applicants

Postby YellowDD » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:39 pm

I'm thinking Monday...but tomorrow would be awesome.

jarofsoup
Posts: 1952
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:41 am

Re: Georgetown EA Applicants

Postby jarofsoup » Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:47 am

How are we getting notified? Phone call? Email? Smoke signal?

YellowDD
Posts: 54
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:56 pm

Re: Georgetown EA Applicants

Postby YellowDD » Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:55 am

Maybe some sort of date change in our status (that happened last year). Otherwise, email if you are accepted and snail mail if you're deferred.

User avatar
TTRansfer
Posts: 3796
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:08 am

Re: Georgetown EA Applicants

Postby TTRansfer » Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:56 am

jarofsoup wrote:How are we getting notified? Phone call? Email? Smoke signal?


morse code

User avatar
crossarmant
Posts: 1116
Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:01 am

Re: Georgetown EA Applicants

Postby crossarmant » Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:00 am

jarofsoup wrote:How are we getting notified?

Regardless of how, if it's an acceptance it'll feel like this:
Image

User avatar
TTRansfer
Posts: 3796
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:08 am

Re: Georgetown EA Applicants

Postby TTRansfer » Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:06 am


YellowDD
Posts: 54
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:56 pm

Re: Georgetown EA Applicants

Postby YellowDD » Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:16 am

If that kid raps it to me I might have pass. Lol

2transferornot
Posts: 89
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:11 pm

Re: Georgetown EA Applicants

Postby 2transferornot » Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:28 am

Assuming a yield of ~20% on the EA (most of them are going to get into better schools I guess), to fill up 20 spots, GTown should send out ~100 admits? But then again, may be very few of the EA spots actually get filled, and most of the 100 or so transfers are from the regular...

tink1
Posts: 47
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:43 pm

Re: Georgetown EA Applicants

Postby tink1 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:56 am

YellowDD wrote:Maybe some sort of date change in our status (that happened last year). Otherwise, email if you are accepted and snail mail if you're deferred.



I thought it was the opposite? snail mail for acceptances and then emails to get the pain over quickly for the deferrals / rejections?

YellowDD
Posts: 54
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:56 pm

Re: Georgetown EA Applicants

Postby YellowDD » Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:12 am

tink1 wrote:
YellowDD wrote:Maybe some sort of date change in our status (that happened last year). Otherwise, email if you are accepted and snail mail if you're deferred.



I thought it was the opposite? snail mail for acceptances and then emails to get the pain over quickly for the deferrals / rejections?


You're right.

User avatar
jessuf
Posts: 12586
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:27 pm

Re: Georgetown EA Applicants

Postby jessuf » Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:01 am

Well, my complete date hasn't changed.

jarofsoup
Posts: 1952
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:41 am

Re: Georgetown EA Applicants

Postby jarofsoup » Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:07 am

Jessuf wrote:Well, my complete date hasn't changed.



The horror of them being inconsistent on this. Maybe they have become more covert.

YellowDD
Posts: 54
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:56 pm

Re: Georgetown EA Applicants

Postby YellowDD » Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:12 am

I would not be surprised if we received no status updates nor date changes at all.

SammyJ
Posts: 82
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:36 pm

Re: Georgetown EA Applicants

Postby SammyJ » Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:16 am

YellowDD wrote:I would not be surprised if we received no status updates nor date changes at all.


Same. It'll happen when it'll happen. No point in refreshing the page every 5 minutes (I have learned this the hard way).

User avatar
3|ink
Posts: 7331
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:23 pm

Re: Georgetown EA Applicants

Postby 3|ink » Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:37 am

SammyJ wrote:
YellowDD wrote:I would not be surprised if we received no status updates nor date changes at all.


Same. It'll happen when it'll happen. No point in refreshing the page every 5 minutes (I have learned this the hard way).

I agree. Every 10 minutes is the better solution.

candytex
Posts: 48
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:37 pm

Re: Georgetown EA Applicants

Postby candytex » Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:13 am

Just received an email asking for the courses I am currently taking... is this a good sign?

User avatar
Lawst
Posts: 504
Joined: Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:02 am

Re: Georgetown EA Applicants

Postby Lawst » Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:15 am

candytex wrote:Just received an email asking for the courses I am currently taking... is this a good sign?

Yes! Last year, this is how it started. Look for last year's forum thread on this.

IsTheFatLadySinging
Posts: 179
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:06 am

Re: Georgetown EA Applicants

Postby IsTheFatLadySinging » Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:18 am

Is it cory?

canesfan1986
Posts: 443
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:28 pm

Re: Georgetown EA Applicants

Postby canesfan1986 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:23 am

I got one of these also. Fingers crossed!

User avatar
Lawst
Posts: 504
Joined: Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:02 am

Re: Georgetown EA Applicants

Postby Lawst » Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:24 am

Here's the thread from last year. I guess it depends on whether your transcript listed this semester's classes or not, but it does mean they're reviewing you. Good luck!
I just got an email...from Lands' End. I don't think I've ever bought anything from them either. Thanks for nothing, dooders.

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=146181&start=325

arigoldwannabe
Posts: 107
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:24 pm

Re: Georgetown EA Applicants

Postby arigoldwannabe » Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:29 am

#s of those getting emails?

SammyJ
Posts: 82
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:36 pm

Re: Georgetown EA Applicants

Postby SammyJ » Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:30 am

3|ink wrote:
SammyJ wrote:
YellowDD wrote:I would not be surprised if we received no status updates nor date changes at all.


Same. It'll happen when it'll happen. No point in refreshing the page every 5 minutes (I have learned this the hard way).

I agree. Every 10 minutes is the better solution.


True that.

SammyJ
Posts: 82
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:36 pm

Re: Georgetown EA Applicants

Postby SammyJ » Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:32 am

Damnit Groupon, quit teasing me. Good luck to those who got e-mails. Hopefully this is a good sign!




Return to “Transfers”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.