Georgetown EA Applicants Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
HappyTransfer2012

New

Re: Georgetown EA Applicants

Post by HappyTransfer2012 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:25 pm

How many people do you think applied EA? A lot? It was kind of stressful getting in apps during the semester... I figure most transfers wait until end of 1L year...?

3|ink

Platinum

Post by 3|ink » Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:39 pm

HappyTransfer2012 wrote:How many people do you think applied EA? A lot? It was kind of stressful getting in apps during the semester... I figure most transfers wait until end of 1L year...?
A lot. But relax. There's nothing you can do about it.

arigoldwannabe

Bronze

Post by arigoldwannabe » Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:46 pm

3|ink wrote:
HappyTransfer2012 wrote:How many people do you think applied EA? A lot? It was kind of stressful getting in apps during the semester... I figure most transfers wait until end of 1L year...?
Glad you said it, cause I was about to...

crossarmant

Silver

Post by crossarmant » Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:00 pm

Already sent an addendum for my summer work but just won a LRW award; would it be obnoxious to email them again with an updated resume for a second time? I imagine they've already made most of the decisions anyways.

tink1

New

Post by tink1 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:47 pm

crossarmant wrote:Already sent an addendum for my summer work but just won a LRW award; would it be obnoxious to email them again with an updated resume for a second time? I imagine they've already made most of the decisions anyways.
Did you email an addendum to the admissions office? Was it a separate document or just an updated resume? Wondering if I should do the same... I've had my summer plans worked out for a while, but figured it was weird to list it on a resume if it's not a current employment.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

yabuddy

New

Post by yabuddy » Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:00 pm

tink1 wrote:
crossarmant wrote:Already sent an addendum for my summer work but just won a LRW award; would it be obnoxious to email them again with an updated resume for a second time? I imagine they've already made most of the decisions anyways.
Did you email an addendum to the admissions office? Was it a separate document or just an updated resume? Wondering if I should do the same... I've had my summer plans worked out for a while, but figured it was weird to list it on a resume if it's not a current employment.

Also have a quick question on the same topic. When you sent them an updated resume did you just email their admissions address and attach the updated email and state in the body who you were and what you were sending?

Also, do you think its even worth it now, the email I sent them didn't have my expected summer work on it, I also didnt know that I received a couple of CALI awards so theyre not on it either. Think I should send a new one?

crossarmant

Silver

Post by crossarmant » Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:24 pm

tink1 wrote:
It was an updated resume with my summer work plans and my official Honors listing sent to the Admissions offices email address; they said they'd put that in my file for review. I'm thinking, however, with talk of decisions coming down sometime between tomorrow and Monday that all of the real deciding for EA has already been done and one summer job or award's not going to change that. Maybe if I miss EA and get deferred to RD I'll send a whole slew of new info after grades come out.

IsTheFatLadySinging

Bronze

Post by IsTheFatLadySinging » Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:19 am

arigoldwannabe wrote:
3|ink wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zT2ae1WkuC0

arigoldwannabe

Bronze

Post by arigoldwannabe » Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:38 am

IsTheFatLadySinging wrote:
arigoldwannabe wrote:
3|ink wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zT2ae1WkuC0
That was perfect. Well played sir/ma'am.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

HappyTransfer2012

New

Post by HappyTransfer2012 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:10 pm

Haha Y'all are funny.

canesfan1986

Bronze

Post by canesfan1986 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:05 pm

I called admissions today. The word is by this week or next week we'll know.

TTRansfer

Gold

Post by TTRansfer » Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:49 pm

canesfan1986 wrote:I called admissions today. The word is by this week or next week we'll know.
So next week.

arigoldwannabe

Bronze

Post by arigoldwannabe » Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:38 pm

TTRansfer wrote:
canesfan1986 wrote:I called admissions today. The word is by this week or next week we'll know.
So next week.
Dang. Thats no fun.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

IsTheFatLadySinging

Bronze

Post by IsTheFatLadySinging » Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:05 pm

When is GW deposit due? That would be cruel of Gtown to wait until after that date

crossarmant

Silver

Post by crossarmant » Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:11 pm

IsTheFatLadySinging wrote:When is GW deposit due? That would be cruel of Gtown to wait until after that date
April 30th. I can't imagine they'd hold out that long, that would quite the dickish move.

Lawst

Silver

Post by Lawst » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:03 pm

crossarmant wrote:
IsTheFatLadySinging wrote:When is GW deposit due? That would be cruel of Gtown to wait until after that date
April 30th. I can't imagine they'd hold out that long, that would quite the dickish move.
Has anyone tried to see if GW will push back the deposit deadline? I'm sure they would laugh, but who knows. I'm wondering how long I can wait to mail my deposit without pushing my luck.

crossarmant

Silver

Post by crossarmant » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:18 pm

Lawst wrote:Has anyone tried to see if GW will push back the deposit deadline? I'm sure they would laugh, but who knows. I'm wondering how long I can wait to mail my deposit without pushing my luck.
Yeah... they laugh. They refuse to push back deadlines. even with my argument of being extremely poor and trying to find resources for the deposit.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

TransKing20

New

Post by TransKing20 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:20 am

...this or next week... interesting. I think it varied the last few years. If there is anyone in this forum that got into GU EA last year... is your admission contingent on a certain grade threshold for the spring semester like a 3.5? If anyone else remembers from old forums then do tell me to... I did not see anything but it seems that GW had some kind of condition. Hopefully we still hear back from GW soon! :oops:

jarofsoup

Gold

Post by jarofsoup » Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:32 am

TransKing20 wrote:...this or next week... interesting. I think it varied the last few years. If there is anyone in this forum that got into GU EA last year... is your admission contingent on a certain grade threshold for the spring semester like a 3.5? If anyone else remembers from old forums then do tell me to... I did not see anything but it seems that GW had some kind of condition. Hopefully we still hear back from GW soon! :oops:

I talked to them over the phone and they like everyone else do not want to see a substantial drop, but you can go from like a 3.7 to a 3.5 and that is ok. I am pretty sure no C's.

TransKing20

New

Post by TransKing20 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:46 pm

You got into GW already right? Was there an exact grade you need to maintain to be able to go to GW? That is what I was wondering about Georgetown... if there was something similar.

TTRansfer

Gold

Post by TTRansfer » Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:48 pm

Need to maintain a B average at GW. Assuming roughly the same @ Georgetown.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

jarofsoup

Gold

Post by jarofsoup » Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:07 pm

TransKing20 wrote:You got into GW already right? Was there an exact grade you need to maintain to be able to go to GW? That is what I was wondering about Georgetown... if there was something similar.

3.0 Cumulative over the two semesters for GWU.

TTRansfer

Gold

Post by TTRansfer » Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:39 pm

Have my check ready for GW. Really hope that Georgetown gets back to us quickly next week and that I get in. Would love to hear back on, say, Monday. Worse comes to worse, I overnight my check/paper out on Thursday to GW.

Lawst

Silver

Post by Lawst » Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:01 pm

jarofsoup wrote:
TransKing20 wrote:You got into GW already right? Was there an exact grade you need to maintain to be able to go to GW? That is what I was wondering about Georgetown... if there was something similar.

3.0 Cumulative over the two semesters for GWU.
Though I would like this interpretation, I think it's 3.0 for spring, not both semesters, right?

yabuddy

New

Post by yabuddy » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:17 pm

Fingers crossed for tomorrow.

Friday seems like the perfect day to let out decisions. Can either go out and celebrate, or drown our sorrows.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”