Georgetown EA Applicants

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
SammyJ

Re: Georgetown EA Applicants

Postby SammyJ » Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:24 pm

Mce252 wrote:
Jessuf wrote:
dsconn2 wrote:What are my odds?

- T4
- A+, A, A, B+ (highest grade in torts, civ pro, and legal methods)
- 3.83 - 5/227
- Currently research assistant with first semester torts professor (he approached me)
- this coming summer: clerk Fed. Dist. Ct.
- 4 very strong LOR's, all from law profs who basically said they would be stupid not to take me
- very GULC centered PS

I am not sure if my softs will matter at all, but I think I put together a strong application. Any idea what my odds might be?

I'm really similar to you except T3. I know we'll def. get in RD, but EA seems to be iffy about accepting anyone outside T2.

I feel like it might be a little much to say you wil def get in but certainly a decent shot.

When an applicant is pushed off to RD, doesn't GULC consider the applicant's second semester grades?

Mce252

Postby Mce252 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:45 pm

Exactly why it's not a sure thing.

2transferornot

Postby 2transferornot » Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:43 pm

Judging by the GW thread, will we also be getting e-mails directly then?

dsconn2

Postby dsconn2 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:09 pm

In past years, GULC only sent acceptances by snail mail. Email for rejects and deferrals.

3|ink

Postby 3|ink » Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:12 pm

dsconn2 wrote:In past years, GULC only sent acceptances by snail mail. Email for rejects and deferrals.

That sucks. I never check mail.

crossarmant

Postby crossarmant » Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:49 pm

dsconn2 wrote:In past years, GULC only sent acceptances by snail mail. Email for rejects and deferrals.

That sucks because the mail system in my dorm is atrocious and nothing ever reaches me as it should. I've had 4 issues of Scientific American and my official offer letter for my summer position not reach me because of this... Grrrr

IsTheFatLadySinging

Postby IsTheFatLadySinging » Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:26 pm

Can someone speculate a date we should start hearing back? I know Gtown says early may, but any possibility earlier?

Oglethorpe

Postby Oglethorpe » Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:45 pm

IsTheFatLadySinging wrote:Can someone speculate a date we should start hearing back? I know Gtown says early may, but any possibility earlier?

Last year it was 4-20. I'm still hoping for earlier though.

keg411

Postby keg411 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:54 pm

There's a weird username/password thing that they did last year with the admitted students site. If you check out last year's GULC transfer thread and the regular admission GULC thread you should be able to figure it out. I knew I got in a day or so before I got the letter.

IsTheFatLadySinging

Postby IsTheFatLadySinging » Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:07 pm

keg411 wrote:

There's a weird username/password thing that they did last year with the admitted students site. If you check out last year's GULC transfer thread and the regular admission GULC thread you should be able to figure it out. I knew I got in a day or so before I got the letter.

http://www.law.georgetown.edu/admission ... ssword.cfm

canesfan1986

Postby canesfan1986 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:59 pm

Did the status date update last year? I'm assuming most of us are still on 2/24 complete. Curious if/when it happened last year.

crossarmant

Postby crossarmant » Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:11 am

canesfan1986 wrote:Did the status date update last year? I'm assuming most of us are still on 2/24 complete. Curious if/when it happened last year.

Yep, still chilling with a Complete at 2/24. I'm really hoping we hear back sooner rather than later.

crossarmant

Postby crossarmant » Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:08 pm

Just checked with the admiss office and they said the status checkers won't update after an app's been completed. They said at least for me, Currently Under Review and gave a vague timeline of having decisions rolling out in the next couple weeks.

canesfan1986

Postby canesfan1986 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:29 pm

I suppose that the only way to know what's up is to try to get an admitted student's login. Just try that every day.

IsTheFatLadySinging

Postby IsTheFatLadySinging » Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:04 pm

crossarmant wrote:Just checked with the admiss office and they said the status checkers won't update after an app's been completed. They said at least for me, Currently Under Review and gave a vague timeline of having decisions rolling out in the next couple weeks.

I dont know if I understood this correctly. You are currently "Under Review" on your status checker? Thanks

jessuf

Postby jessuf » Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:51 pm

IsTheFatLadySinging wrote:
crossarmant wrote:Just checked with the admiss office and they said the status checkers won't update after an app's been completed. They said at least for me, Currently Under Review and gave a vague timeline of having decisions rolling out in the next couple weeks.

I dont know if I understood this correctly. You are currently "Under Review" on your status checker? Thanks

No, he's still at complete. They verbally told him he's under review.

mighttransfer

Postby mighttransfer » Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:03 pm

Last year was somewhat odd. My status updated (I believe), and then I was able to access the admitted students website.

crossarmant

Postby crossarmant » Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:16 pm

Jessuf wrote:

This. They told me that I was under review, but apparently status checkers aren't doing anything. I'm hoping that they send acceptance emails rather than snail mail (Really just looking for an acceptance, period). The campus mail system is terrible.

IsTheFatLadySinging

Postby IsTheFatLadySinging » Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:24 pm

crossarmant wrote:
Jessuf wrote:

This. They told me that I was under review, but apparently status checkers aren't doing anything. I'm hoping that they send acceptance emails rather than snail mail (Really just looking for an acceptance, period). The campus mail system is terrible.

Would you guys say a GW admit is similar to getting the call for a triple A baseball contract, and Gtown is similar to getting the call for a major league contract?

crossarmant

Postby crossarmant » Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:35 pm

IsTheFatLadySinging wrote:Would you guys say a GW admit is similar to getting the call for a triple A baseball contract, and Gtown is similar to getting the call for a major league contract?

I'd say more along the lines that we're doing well currently in Triple A baseball. GW acceptance is like getting called up to play as a second stringer on the Royals. Georgetown is like getting called up by the Phillies.

TTRansfer

Postby TTRansfer » Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:41 pm

crossarmant wrote:
IsTheFatLadySinging wrote:Would you guys say a GW admit is similar to getting the call for a triple A baseball contract, and Gtown is similar to getting the call for a major league contract?

I'd say more along the lines that we're doing well currently in Triple A baseball. GW acceptance is like getting called up to play as a second stringer on the Royals. Georgetown is like getting called up by the Phillies.

Fuck the Phillies.

DD352

Postby DD352 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:22 pm

TTRansfer wrote:
crossarmant wrote:

Fuck the Phillies.

^Butthurt Mets/Nationals fan.

TTRansfer

Postby TTRansfer » Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:35 pm

DD352 wrote:
TTRansfer wrote:
crossarmant wrote:

Fuck the Phillies.

^Butthurt Mets/Nationals fan.

Eh, Philly can't win anything else besides baseball, so I guess it's not the worst thing in the world.

jarofsoup

Postby jarofsoup » Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:32 pm

GWU= where half of us will go if we don't get in here.

crossarmant

Postby crossarmant » Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:51 pm

jarofsoup wrote:GWU= where half of us will go if we don't get in here.

More or less. I may cast out a couple of odd apps to Vandy or like Duke/NW or something. I mean everything I've seen about transfer admissions is that it's really all over the place with little formula to who they pick. Like top 10% at a TT getting into NYU who is out at GULC or the like, so why not still cast the net wide if I don't get into GULC.

Return to “Transfers”