Georgetown EA Applicants

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
jarofsoup
Posts: 1952
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:41 am

Re: Georgetown EA Applicants

Postby jarofsoup » Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:07 pm

There deadline is March 15th for EA. I just asked if I could submit an extra letter of rec that a prof. is lagging on that would be considered for a EA and they said they would only consider it if it is in b/f the 15th.

http://www.law.georgetown.edu/admission ... udents.htm

I am un-ranked as of right now how could I find out if I am competitive? My GPA is high, I got a highest grade in one of my classes and my school has begun to through money at me( I went here at sticker).[/quote]

what are your numbers, and whats the ranking of the school you are at?[/quote]

PM'ed

User avatar
TTRansfer
Posts: 3796
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:08 am

Re: Georgetown EA Applicants

Postby TTRansfer » Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:54 pm

3|ink wrote:My recommendation is in. Turns-out it took longer to process because my professor didn't include the form (doh!).


Happened to me, too.

opX
Posts: 215
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:29 am

Re: Georgetown EA Applicants

Postby opX » Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:16 pm

apparently our applications that are complete might go to the committee as early as monday.

yabuddy
Posts: 79
Joined: Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:16 pm

Re: Georgetown EA Applicants

Postby yabuddy » Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:11 pm

opX wrote:apparently our applications that are complete might go to the committee as early as monday.



What makes you say this?
and
If you're right do you think we'll find out any sooner than next month?

User avatar
3|ink
Posts: 7331
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:23 pm

Re: Georgetown EA Applicants

Postby 3|ink » Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:06 pm

In and completed on the same day. Good luck all :)

opX
Posts: 215
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:29 am

Re: Georgetown EA Applicants

Postby opX » Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:34 pm

yabuddy wrote:
opX wrote:apparently our applications that are complete might go to the committee as early as monday.



What makes you say this?
and
If you're right do you think we'll find out any sooner than next month?


I spoke to the admissions office today. To make sure that they had everything because they said it should have gone complete already (its been a week). They said it was complete and that the committee wont be receiving completed applications until monday.

some of will find out around April I am assuming, and some a lil later, then the rest of us will hera back near May. thats my guess.

2transferornot
Posts: 89
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:11 pm

Re: Georgetown EA Applicants

Postby 2transferornot » Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:13 pm

Does anyone else get the feeling that they update the status on Tuesdays?

TFR
Posts: 226
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:56 pm

Re: Georgetown EA Applicants

Postby TFR » Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:54 am

Any speculation on how GULC's slight bump up in the rankings will affect its transfer acceptance rate?

A. They will be more selective, as they are slightly more elite

B. They will be less selective, as they have less reason to worry their high transfer acceptance rate will hurt their rank

C. They moved up 1 spot, no effect at all

User avatar
jessuf
Posts: 12540
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:27 pm

Re: Georgetown EA Applicants

Postby jessuf » Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:15 am

Or conversely, my school dropped 9 spots in the rankings. Do they even care about that given that I don't go to a T25 school?

jarofsoup
Posts: 1952
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:41 am

Re: Georgetown EA Applicants

Postby jarofsoup » Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:12 am

TFR wrote:Any speculation on how GULC's slight bump up in the rankings will affect its transfer acceptance rate?

A. They will be more selective, as they are slightly more elite

B. They will be less selective, as they have less reason to worry their high transfer acceptance rate will hurt their rank

C. They moved up 1 spot, no effect at all



I think they will stay on course and it will be exactly the same.

arigoldwannabe
Posts: 107
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:24 pm

Re: Georgetown EA Applicants

Postby arigoldwannabe » Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:17 pm

TFR wrote:Any speculation on how GULC's slight bump up in the rankings will affect its transfer acceptance rate?

A. They will be more selective, as they are slightly more elite

B. They will be less selective, as they have less reason to worry their high transfer acceptance rate will hurt their rank

C. They moved up 1 spot, no effect at all



C.

User avatar
Lawst
Posts: 504
Joined: Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:02 am

Re: Georgetown EA Applicants

Postby Lawst » Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:13 pm

TFR wrote:Any speculation on how GULC's slight bump up in the rankings will affect its transfer acceptance rate?

A. They will be more selective, as they are slightly more elite

B. They will be less selective, as they have less reason to worry their high transfer acceptance rate will hurt their rank

C. They moved up 1 spot, no effect at all


I thought the rank was based on the incoming 1L class and therefore, transfers don't affect the ranking one way or another?
ETA: I'm referring to grades of incoming transfers, specifically.

TFR
Posts: 226
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:56 pm

Re: Georgetown EA Applicants

Postby TFR » Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:28 pm

Anyone else have all materials in but it doesnt show complete on status checker?

User avatar
Lawst
Posts: 504
Joined: Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:02 am

Re: Georgetown EA Applicants

Postby Lawst » Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:30 pm

TFR wrote:Anyone else have all materials in but it doesnt show complete on status checker?


GULC is usually very quick to update the status checker - I think I was compete within a few days. Given that, and the fact that it's the deadline today, may be worth sending admissions an e-mail.

User avatar
3|ink
Posts: 7331
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:23 pm

Re: Georgetown EA Applicants

Postby 3|ink » Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:40 pm

Lawst wrote:
TFR wrote:Anyone else have all materials in but it doesnt show complete on status checker?


GULC is usually very quick to update the status checker - I think I was compete within a few days. Given that, and the fact that it's the deadline today, may be worth sending admissions an e-mail.

Which status checker are you guys referring to? The one on LSAC.org or the one on their website?

SammyJ
Posts: 82
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:36 pm

Re: Georgetown EA Applicants

Postby SammyJ » Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:42 am

The one on the Georgetown website.. If your app is complete, the status should change from "application received" to "application complete."

2transferornot
Posts: 89
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:11 pm

Re: Georgetown EA Applicants

Postby 2transferornot » Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:03 pm

From Application Complete, does anyone know what happens next? Does it go to "Under Review" or something, or do we just wait for the decision via email?

SammyJ
Posts: 82
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:36 pm

Re: Georgetown EA Applicants

Postby SammyJ » Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:37 pm

2transferornot wrote:From Application Complete, does anyone know what happens next? Does it go to "Under Review" or something, or do we just wait for the decision via email?


Pretty sure that it will change to "under review" at some point.. will depend on each applicant. See here:

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=146181&hilit=georgetown

User avatar
Mce252
Posts: 940
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:43 pm

Re: Georgetown EA Applicants

Postby Mce252 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:18 pm

2transferornot wrote:From Application Complete, does anyone know what happens next? Does it go to "Under Review" or something, or do we just wait for the decision via email?


Is that how they give decisions -- by email?

User avatar
3|ink
Posts: 7331
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:23 pm

Re: Georgetown EA Applicants

Postby 3|ink » Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:10 pm

SammyJ wrote:The one on the Georgetown website.. If your app is complete, the status should change from "application received" to "application complete."

Damn. Mine just went complete today. Ridiculous. Looks like I missed the ED deadline by one day. I assume the "current status date" is what they go by.

TFR
Posts: 226
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:56 pm

Re: Georgetown EA Applicants

Postby TFR » Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:12 pm

3|ink wrote:
SammyJ wrote:The one on the Georgetown website.. If your app is complete, the status should change from "application received" to "application complete."

Damn. Mine just went complete today. Ridiculous. Looks like I missed the ED deadline by one day. I assume the "current status date" is what they go by.


Spoke to adcomm, they said if they had everything, if it goes complete a day or two after deadline its fine...

User avatar
3|ink
Posts: 7331
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:23 pm

Re: Georgetown EA Applicants

Postby 3|ink » Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:16 pm

TFR wrote:
3|ink wrote:
SammyJ wrote:The one on the Georgetown website.. If your app is complete, the status should change from "application received" to "application complete."

Damn. Mine just went complete today. Ridiculous. Looks like I missed the ED deadline by one day. I assume the "current status date" is what they go by.


Spoke to adcomm, they said if they had everything, if it goes complete a day or two after deadline its fine...

Thanks. That's good to hear.

jarofsoup
Posts: 1952
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:41 am

Re: Georgetown EA Applicants

Postby jarofsoup » Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:10 pm

3|ink wrote:
TFR wrote:
3|ink wrote:
SammyJ wrote:The one on the Georgetown website.. If your app is complete, the status should change from "application received" to "application complete."

Damn. Mine just went complete today. Ridiculous. Looks like I missed the ED deadline by one day. I assume the "current status date" is what they go by.


Spoke to adcomm, they said if they had everything, if it goes complete a day or two after deadline its fine...

Thanks. That's good to hear.



I called them and they said that they have everything but I am not complete on the status checker. Do you think this really matters or are they just too busy to update?

User avatar
3|ink
Posts: 7331
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:23 pm

Re: Georgetown EA Applicants

Postby 3|ink » Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:44 pm

Based on TFR's response, I think you're safe.

jarofsoup
Posts: 1952
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:41 am

Re: Georgetown EA Applicants

Postby jarofsoup » Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:51 pm

3|ink wrote:Based on TFR's response, I think you're safe.



So general census....a transfer student from a T2 would do better at GULC than a T2?




Return to “Transfers”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.