Georgetown EA Applicants

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
rockthered86

Re: Georgetown EA Applicants

Postby rockthered86 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:50 pm

Also got a 6/25 update.

I'm not expecting good news, but it would be nice to hear something today. Working on finishing up GW write on right now. A GULC ding would provide some final motivation to get it completed. And obviously an acceptance would mean I can stop working on it and start drinking.

HappyTransfer2012

Postby HappyTransfer2012 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:53 pm

Those are pretty strong stats Mce- Congrats, sounds like you definitely have a good shot. The curve at my prior law school must be terrible because I don't know anyone who could get over a 4.0, that's awesome though.

My current stats -- I was deferred EA but grades went up dramatically 2nd semester ... Top 10%, Law Review at T50 school... Strong softs... and fingers crossed?

Mce252

Postby Mce252 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:56 pm

HappyTransfer2012 wrote:Those are pretty strong stats Mce- Congrats, sounds like you definitely have a good shot. The curve at my prior law school must be terrible because I don't know anyone who could get over a 4.0, that's awesome though.

My current stats -- I was deferred EA but grades went up dramatically 2nd semester ... Top 10%, Law Review at T50 school... Strong softs... and fingers crossed?

I appreciate the complement, but the TTTT status is going to be hard to overcome!

TTTehehe

Postby TTTehehe » Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:01 pm

Mce252 wrote:
HappyTransfer2012 wrote:Those are pretty strong stats Mce- Congrats, sounds like you definitely have a good shot. The curve at my prior law school must be terrible because I don't know anyone who could get over a 4.0, that's awesome though.

I appreciate the complement, but the TTTT status is going to be hard to overcome!

I hope you applied to more than GULC. I also hope that you applied to T-10s. You should not stay at your school this cycle unless you have some serious money, job opportunities (i.e. career services kissing your behind), or another reason that may be none of our concern. T4s are notorious for curving hard. The fact that you are on top speaks very highly of your ability to do well in law school. Don't sell yourself short.

Mce252

Postby Mce252 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:05 pm

TTTehehe wrote:
Mce252 wrote:

I hope you applied to more than GULC. I also hope that you applied to T-10s. You should not stay at your school this cycle unless you have some serious money, job opportunities (i.e. career services kissing your behind), or another reason that may be none of our concern. T4s are notorious for curving hard. The fact that you are on top speaks very highly of your ability to do well in law school. Don't sell yourself short.

See my PM. Thank you for the kind words.

jarofsoup

Postby jarofsoup » Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:12 pm

rockthered86 wrote:Also got a 6/25 update.

I'm not expecting good news, but it would be nice to hear something today. Working on finishing up GW write on right now. A GULC ding would provide some final motivation to get it completed. And obviously an acceptance would mean I can stop working on it and start drinking.

I got an update to. I am not expecting good news either, however, I am worried it will be 1/2 good news like a part time accept or something like that.

I am not really sure what would be better. Getting onto GWU law review or going to GULC with out law review/ journal.

I am top 15% at a tier 2.

Mce252

Postby Mce252 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:15 pm

Does anyone know when waitlists/denials started coming out in previous years?

Lyonsoccer87

Postby Lyonsoccer87 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:17 pm

I got a status update to 6/25 as well. I have a feeling GULC doesn't like me for some reason lol. stats top 5 ppl low t2

jarofsoup

Postby jarofsoup » Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:17 pm

Mce252 wrote:Does anyone know when waitlists/denials started coming out in previous years?

I dont think they wait list for transfer cycles. But I would think they would ding after the 28th when they have a better idea of what there class is going to look like.

jarofsoup

Postby jarofsoup » Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:19 pm

jarofsoup wrote:
Mce252 wrote:Does anyone know when waitlists/denials started coming out in previous years?

I dont think they wait list for transfer cycles. But I would think they would ding after the 28th when they have a better idea of what there class is going to look like.

This is a bit random, but USC and GULC always updates there status checkers on the same day.

TTTehehe

Postby TTTehehe » Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:19 pm

jarofsoup wrote:

GULC does use wait lists for transfer. Just FYI.

Edit: GUCL should have been GULC.

Edit 2: BTW, based on previous years, there will likely be dings and wait list notifications this week. As for admission offers, they are pretty much crapshoots. The next true batch, based on 2011 cycle, was 7.12.
Last edited by TTTehehe on Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jarofsoup

Postby jarofsoup » Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:23 pm

TTTehehe wrote:
jarofsoup wrote:

GULC does use wait lists for transfer. Just FYI.

Edit: GUCL should have been GULC.

This makes me sad.

Mce252

Postby Mce252 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:33 pm

Just looked at last years thread and it looks like today's updates are likely waitlists and denials.

jarofsoup

Postby jarofsoup » Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:43 pm

Mce252 wrote:Just looked at last years thread and it looks like today's updates are likely waitlists and denials.

When will we know?

Mce252

Postby Mce252 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:44 pm

jarofsoup wrote:
Mce252 wrote:Just looked at last years thread and it looks like today's updates are likely waitlists and denials.

When will we know?

It was random. Some people seemed to get another status update before an email. I think some of us could hear tomorrow. But I didn't see any admits after the first batch until mid-July.

terpfan12

Postby terpfan12 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:46 pm

Last edited by terpfan12 on Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hoping5000

Postby Hoping5000 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:54 pm

Did anyone not get a status update who did not get into Georgetown already?

crossarmant

Postby crossarmant » Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:06 pm

Hoping5000 wrote:Did anyone not get a status update who did not get into Georgetown already?

This.

I'm feeling like it's waitlists and denials. Either ways, not great news for any of us :?

TTRansfer

Postby TTRansfer » Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:21 pm

6/25 update; top 9% T2. Not feeling good about this one.

winnipeg7

Postby winnipeg7 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:47 pm

why the pessimism regarding the status update? I'm confused. when do you think they will let us know what it means?

rockthered86

Postby rockthered86 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:02 pm

winnipeg7 wrote:why the pessimism regarding the status update? I'm confused. when do you think they will let us know what it means?

We're pessimistic because we are assuming GULC will stick with the same process they have used in past years. First wave of status changes were admits, second wave were rejections/WL. Also, at this point it looks like everyone has either gotten a 6/22 or a 6/25 update. It would be awesome if true, but there is no way we are all getting in.

jessuf

Postby jessuf » Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:14 pm

I find it really hard to believe that top 1.4% at a T2 would get rejected/waitlisted today. And also a top 1% at a T4 given that other top 1%'s at T3/T4 were already accepted. I personally think 6/25 status changes will be acceptances given that the first wave's deposit deadline hasn't passed yet. You'd think they'd wait until after 6/28 to contemplate denials/waitlists. Good luck, everyone!

TTTehehe

Postby TTTehehe » Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:15 pm

rockthered86 wrote:
winnipeg7 wrote:why the pessimism regarding the status update? I'm confused. when do you think they will let us know what it means?

We're pessimistic because we are assuming GULC will stick with the same process they have used in past years. First wave of status changes were admits, second wave were rejections/WL. Also, at this point it looks like everyone has either gotten a 6/22 or a 6/25 update. It would be awesome if true, but there is no way we are all getting in.

I'm sure that some have not received a 6/25 update and are waiting to see what it means before chiming in.

tink1

Postby tink1 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:19 pm

TTTehehe wrote:
rockthered86 wrote:

I'm sure that some have not received a 6/25 update and are waiting to see what it means before chiming in.

For what it's worth, I also had an update today. No changes in program status (eg from "both" to PT or FT only), or any weird address change. No access to the UN/PW back door trick either.

TTRansfer

Postby TTRansfer » Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:56 pm

Jessuf wrote:I find it really hard to believe that top 1.4% at a T2 would get rejected/waitlisted today. And also a top 1% at a T4 given that other top 1%'s at T3/T4 were already accepted. I personally think 6/25 status changes will be acceptances given that the first wave's deposit deadline hasn't passed yet. You'd think they'd wait until after 6/28 to contemplate denials/waitlists. Good luck, everyone!

I think it's waitlists because that would make sense. I would be surprised to see rejections. Methinks that these are waitlists and after people start accepting higher up schools than the waitlist pool will see movement.

Return to “Transfers”