Georgetown EA Applicants

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
TFR
Posts: 226
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:56 pm

Re: Georgetown EA Applicants

Postby TFR » Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:03 pm

jarofsoup wrote:
HappyTransfer2012 wrote:I think applications should be under review very soon, possibly this week. I received an email today. Did anyone else receive an email? asking for spring grades asap?

Good luck fellow transfers... It's been a long year!



No, but I sent them my Spring when they came out and a letter of good standing.


Do they need a new letter of good standing? I got a June update and noone requested this...

jarofsoup
Posts: 1952
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:41 am

Re: Georgetown EA Applicants

Postby jarofsoup » Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:49 pm

TFR wrote:
jarofsoup wrote:
HappyTransfer2012 wrote:I think applications should be under review very soon, possibly this week. I received an email today. Did anyone else receive an email? asking for spring grades asap?

Good luck fellow transfers... It's been a long year!



No, but I sent them my Spring when they came out and a letter of good standing.


Do they need a new letter of good standing? I got a June update and noone requested this...


It is usually a good idea to send one.

User avatar
Lawst
Posts: 504
Joined: Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:02 am

Re: Georgetown EA Applicants

Postby Lawst » Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:34 pm

I got the e-mail asking for spring grades today too. Yep, they're getting ready to review soon.

User avatar
Vronsky
Posts: 829
Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:24 pm

Re: Georgetown EA Applicants

Postby Vronsky » Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:09 pm

DO YOU GUYS KNOW THE BACKDOOR TRICK ON THE ADMITTED STUDENT'S WEBSITE?

START CHECKING IT AT LEAST HOURLY!! :evil: :twisted:

HappyTransfer2012
Posts: 50
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:10 am

Re: Georgetown EA Applicants

Postby HappyTransfer2012 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:21 am

If you got a June update - is your official transcript with spring grades in?

LSAC takes forever to process new/ updated transcripts just FYI... So send that in asap if you haven't already for your transfer apps...

Yeah and good question - do we really have to send in ANOTHER letter of good standing if we already applied EA?

heeloftar
Posts: 99
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:45 am

Re: Georgetown EA Applicants

Postby heeloftar » Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:49 am

Anyone that apply RD have a recent status update?

jd-mba
Posts: 105
Joined: Sun Jun 08, 2008 11:57 pm

Re: Georgetown EA Applicants

Postby jd-mba » Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:05 pm

heeloftar wrote:Anyone that apply RD have a recent status update?


only submitted about a week ago, so the only status update i got was to say my app is complete.

TFR
Posts: 226
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:56 pm

Re: Georgetown EA Applicants

Postby TFR » Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:43 pm

HappyTransfer2012 wrote:If you got a June update - is your official transcript with spring grades in?

LSAC takes forever to process new/ updated transcripts just FYI... So send that in asap if you haven't already for your transfer apps...

Yeah and good question - do we really have to send in ANOTHER letter of good standing if we already applied EA?


I got a June update after transcripts were in.

LSAC processed my transcripts within a day.

Can anyone answer the question about the second letter of good standing? I went complete at another T14, and I specifically sent a letter of good standing before grades came out so as to go complete early. They did not make an issue with this as of yet. Any rising 3Ls have experience with this?

User avatar
Lawst
Posts: 504
Joined: Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:02 am

Re: Georgetown EA Applicants

Postby Lawst » Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:47 pm

I had my transcripts sent directly to admissions, btw, if anyone is thinking of doing that and bypassing LSAC. It hasn't been an issue at either GW or GULC.

ETA: I just noticed a 6/15 update. Might be that they updated just my file or could mean that they're starting to review apps again.

tink1
Posts: 47
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:43 pm

Re: Georgetown EA Applicants

Postby tink1 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:44 pm

TFR wrote:
HappyTransfer2012 wrote:If you got a June update - is your official transcript with spring grades in?

LSAC takes forever to process new/ updated transcripts just FYI... So send that in asap if you haven't already for your transfer apps...

Yeah and good question - do we really have to send in ANOTHER letter of good standing if we already applied EA?


I got a June update after transcripts were in.

LSAC processed my transcripts within a day.

Can anyone answer the question about the second letter of good standing? I went complete at another T14, and I specifically sent a letter of good standing before grades came out so as to go complete early. They did not make an issue with this as of yet. Any rising 3Ls have experience with this?


I sent them a PDF of my fall and spring grades, since my school refuses to send an official transcript until they decided my class rank. I also sent it directly to GULC and didn't bother with LSAC.

I asked and GULC says they don't need a new letter of good standing so I didn't bother to send one. Just sent a LOCI and my unofficial transcript for now.

Edit: also had an update on the status checker on 6/12, the day after I emailed them.

arigoldwannabe
Posts: 107
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:24 pm

Re: Georgetown EA Applicants

Postby arigoldwannabe » Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:48 pm

So it looks like from previous years, things are about to get popping.

2010: There was a status change on wed 6/23
2011: Actions started monday 6/20

Any thoughts?

heeloftar
Posts: 99
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:45 am

Re: Georgetown EA Applicants

Postby heeloftar » Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:50 pm

.
Last edited by heeloftar on Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
lnllnl
Posts: 160
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:41 am

Re: Georgetown EA Applicants

Postby lnllnl » Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:54 pm

arigoldwannabe wrote:So it looks like from previous years, things are about to get popping.

2010: There was a status change on wed 6/23
2011: Actions started monday 6/20

Any thoughts?


EA stuff was a little bit later this year I think, so it might not start popping until next week.

TFR
Posts: 226
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:56 pm

Re: Georgetown EA Applicants

Postby TFR » Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:29 am

lnllnl wrote:
arigoldwannabe wrote:So it looks like from previous years, things are about to get popping.

2010: There was a status change on wed 6/23
2011: Actions started monday 6/20

Any thoughts?


EA stuff was a little bit later this year I think, so it might not start popping until next week.


I say today or monday.

tink1
Posts: 47
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:43 pm

Re: Georgetown EA Applicants

Postby tink1 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:19 pm

Did anyone have any movement today at all? Just found out this morning that I got into GW (I didn't apply EA) and apparently their write-on competition starts TOMORROW. FML. I already had to do one at my current school, and haven't found out my rank / the results of the write-on here yet so I'm still so out of the loop. I guess I should do the GW write-on just in case? But I really would like some idea of where I stand with GULC =/

jarofsoup
Posts: 1952
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:41 am

Re: Georgetown EA Applicants

Postby jarofsoup » Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:16 am

tink1 wrote:Did anyone have any movement today at all? Just found out this morning that I got into GW (I didn't apply EA) and apparently their write-on competition starts TOMORROW. FML. I already had to do one at my current school, and haven't found out my rank / the results of the write-on here yet so I'm still so out of the loop. I guess I should do the GW write-on just in case? But I really would like some idea of where I stand with GULC =/



I would really like to hear back so I do not do this competition for no reason....but I guess if you got onto GW's LR it may be worth it to go over even GULC?

That's just a guess, but I know it helps a lot at OCI.....all of the firms are like "LR preferred. "

User avatar
TTTehehe
Posts: 190
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:00 pm

Re: Georgetown EA Applicants

Postby TTTehehe » Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:38 pm

jarofsoup wrote:
tink1 wrote:Did anyone have any movement today at all? Just found out this morning that I got into GW (I didn't apply EA) and apparently their write-on competition starts TOMORROW. FML. I already had to do one at my current school, and haven't found out my rank / the results of the write-on here yet so I'm still so out of the loop. I guess I should do the GW write-on just in case? But I really would like some idea of where I stand with GULC =/



I would really like to hear back so I do not do this competition for no reason....but I guess if you got onto GW's LR it may be worth it to go over even GULC?

That's just a guess, but I know it helps a lot at OCI.....all of the firms are like "LR preferred. "


Looks like GULC is going to drag their feet. I'd do the GW LR just in case.

IsTheFatLadySinging
Posts: 179
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:06 am

Re: Georgetown EA Applicants

Postby IsTheFatLadySinging » Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:48 pm

Did anyone get a status update to today's date?

User avatar
TTRansfer
Posts: 3796
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:08 am

Re: Georgetown EA Applicants

Postby TTRansfer » Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:58 pm

IsTheFatLadySinging wrote:Did anyone get a status update to today's date?

Not me.

IsTheFatLadySinging
Posts: 179
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:06 am

Re: Georgetown EA Applicants

Postby IsTheFatLadySinging » Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:59 pm

TTRansfer wrote:
IsTheFatLadySinging wrote:Did anyone get a status update to today's date?

Not me.


I did. No UN/PW though

User avatar
TTRansfer
Posts: 3796
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:08 am

Re: Georgetown EA Applicants

Postby TTRansfer » Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:03 pm

IsTheFatLadySinging wrote:
TTRansfer wrote:
IsTheFatLadySinging wrote:Did anyone get a status update to today's date?

Not me.


I did. No UN/PW though


Interesting. I'm guessing it's a good thing. Would assume, anyway.

IsTheFatLadySinging
Posts: 179
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:06 am

Re: Georgetown EA Applicants

Postby IsTheFatLadySinging » Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:07 pm

TTRansfer wrote:
IsTheFatLadySinging wrote:
TTRansfer wrote:
IsTheFatLadySinging wrote:Did anyone get a status update to today's date?

Not me.


I did. No UN/PW though


Interesting. I'm guessing it's a good thing. Would assume, anyway.



Everyone thought the initial update on the EA cycle was a good thing lol.........

User avatar
TTRansfer
Posts: 3796
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:08 am

Re: Georgetown EA Applicants

Postby TTRansfer » Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:10 pm

IsTheFatLadySinging wrote:A cycle was a good thing lol.........


Touche.

tink1
Posts: 47
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:43 pm

Re: Georgetown EA Applicants

Postby tink1 » Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:51 pm

TTRansfer wrote:
IsTheFatLadySinging wrote:Did anyone get a status update to today's date?

Not me.


me either. I did email them letting them know my class rank since I finally got it today, so maybe I'll get an update tomorrow, since they updated me the day after I sent them an unofficial transcript. Who knows though. I just want answers

User avatar
TTRansfer
Posts: 3796
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:08 am

Re: Georgetown EA Applicants

Postby TTRansfer » Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:52 pm

tink1 wrote:
TTRansfer wrote:
IsTheFatLadySinging wrote:Did anyone get a status update to today's date?

Not me.


me either. I did email them letting them know my class rank since I finally got it today, so maybe I'll get an update tomorrow, since they updated me the day after I sent them an unofficial transcript. Who knows though. I just want answers


Same here. I sent them a LOCI and some other things. They added it to the file.




Return to “Transfers”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.