Georgetown EA Applicants

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Hoping5000

Re: Georgetown EA Applicants

Postby Hoping5000 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:37 pm

UnleashTheHockey wrote:No letter today. Please just give us some indication before it costs me a thousand dollars to hold a spot at GW.

That is really weird... what is going on at Georgetown? This is highly unusual. Did they mess up this year that badly? Why don't you call them and tell them your situation.

UnleashTheHockey

Postby UnleashTheHockey » Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:45 pm

I feel like they would just tell me "sorry no blah blah over the phone"

I'm outside of DC, why did anyone receive letters in closer zips?

3|ink

Postby 3|ink » Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:52 pm

UnleashTheHockey wrote:I feel like they would just tell me "sorry no blah blah over the phone"

I'm outside of DC, why did anyone receive letters in closer zips?

Maybe. I'll know by 6 eastern. I'll update the thread if so.

GreatNorth87

Postby GreatNorth87 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:02 pm

Any changes to the status checker to indicate that a decision has been made? Mine doesn't have USA which has been shown to indicate a letter has been sent

UnleashTheHockey

Postby UnleashTheHockey » Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:07 pm

I don't have any USA, only access to the Admitted Students page. This is really frustrating, I just want to know the website access isn't a fluke. Send out the letters.

Hoping5000

Postby Hoping5000 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:09 pm

Does this mean the people who had their status date change first have a chance again? Seriously though, could they have made some kind of internal error? I don't mean that the people who have access did not get in, but that we may have both gotten in.

TTTehehe

Postby TTTehehe » Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:23 pm

Hoping5000 wrote:Does this mean the people who had their status date change first have a chance again? Seriously though, could they have made some kind of internal error? I don't mean that the people who have access did not get in, but that we may have both gotten in.

Don't do that to yourself.

YellowDD

Postby YellowDD » Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:02 pm

I got some sort of letter today. My GF told me about it but she didn't open it before she left the house. I'll let y'all know what it is when I get home tonight.

candytex

Postby candytex » Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:03 pm

YellowDD wrote:I got some sort of letter today. My GF told me about it but she didn't open it before she left the house. I'll let y'all know what it is when I get home tonight.

Is it a letter or a package?

You have a PW to the admitted students site, don't you?

YellowDD

Postby YellowDD » Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:08 pm

candytex wrote:
YellowDD wrote:I got some sort of letter today. My GF told me about it but she didn't open it before she left the house. I'll let y'all know what it is when I get home tonight.

Is it a letter or a package?

You have a PW to the admitted students site, don't you?

Yea, I have PW. She just said letter. I kinda want to go home now to see but I have study meetings.

UnleashTheHockey

Postby UnleashTheHockey » Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:10 pm

Close to DC location wise? I would understand letters trickling and maybe coming in tomorrow for those of us who are far away (18 hours+ drive to DC from where I am).

YellowDD

Postby YellowDD » Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:13 pm

UnleashTheHockey wrote:Close to DC location wise? I would understand letters trickling and maybe coming in tomorrow for those of us who are far away (18 hours+ drive to DC from where I am).

Close

jessuf

Postby jessuf » Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:24 pm

Lol @ freaking out about no letter yet. They probably didn't get mailed out until Wednesday. I'm more worried that I'll never receive mine because someone keeps stealing my mail.

YellowDD

Postby YellowDD » Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:35 pm

GF went back home. It was an acceptance LETTER (not packet).

Xferr

Postby Xferr » Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:43 pm

YellowDD wrote:GF went back home. It was an acceptance LETTER (not packet).

Thanks for the heads up. I probably would have had a heart attack if I saw a small letter in my mailbox from gtown. I've been trained that acceptances come in big packages with lots of random papers.

UnleashTheHockey

Postby UnleashTheHockey » Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:44 pm

Awesome. Congratulations. Hopefully the rest are en route.

tink1

Postby tink1 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:23 pm

TTTehehe wrote:
Hoping5000 wrote:Does this mean the people who had their status date change first have a chance again? Seriously though, could they have made some kind of internal error? I don't mean that the people who have access did not get in, but that we may have both gotten in.

^ also don't put this wishful thinking in my head.

3|ink

Postby 3|ink » Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:29 pm

Yep. My letter came today.

keg411

Postby keg411 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:38 pm

YellowDD wrote:GF went back home. It was an acceptance LETTER (not packet).

This is exactly what Georgetown did last year. Basically once you have admitted students site access, you're in, so those with access have nothing to worry about; the letter will get there eventually (and yes, it's just a thin little letter).

candytex

Postby candytex » Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:03 pm

3|ink wrote:Yep. My letter came today.

Is there any information about how to proceed forward? Also does it talk about a minimum GPA we have to maintain that our acceptance is conditioned upon?

3|ink

Postby 3|ink » Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:36 pm

candytex wrote:

Is there any information about how to proceed forward? Also does it talk about a minimum GPA we have to maintain that our acceptance is conditioned upon?

Nope. Just says to return the deposit and form by x date.

BattleBuddy

Postby BattleBuddy » Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:43 pm

tink1 wrote:
TTTehehe wrote:

^ also don't put this wishful thinking in my head.

I called them right around 4:30p est. I kept asking her about the status updates, were the people who got passwords the only EA admits, whether they were still making decisions, are apps still undecided, did a 4.20 status update mean deferral, when will they email about deferrals, do all people get deferred or do some just get dinged, and different variations. All I got were noncommittal, "Well I can't say..." so it kept going around and around about what can they say and are there any deadlines they have internally. But at the end, the lady on the phone all but said I should consider myself SOL.

C'mon lady, was that so hard? Could've just said it from the start: "If you don't have a password, then GTFO of my face!" Time to ace these finals and apply to bigger and better places. 8)

Xferr

Postby Xferr » Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:47 pm

candytex wrote:

It's all on the website, except for the date that the first deposit is due. The website says that info is in the letter.

wintersm05

Postby wintersm05 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:49 pm

Hi all,

If anyone is looking for housing, I am moving to Brazil for the summer and need to give up my part of this wonderful apartment! You will be taking over my part of the lease. The apartment is available starting May 31st but we can negotiate an earlier start date if necessary. The lease officially ends July 28th and then switches to month to month.

The apartment is a 2br/1bath in the great neighborhood of Van Ness. The room available is a good size (10'4" by 15'0") with a walk-in closet. The main living areas are shared and very spacious. There is an awesome balcony for relaxing after school. The $1280 rent includes all utilities except for $20/mth for internet. Garage parking is available at an additional charge.

The complex itself has great amenities: an olympic size pool, laundry facilities on each floor, 24hr doorman, 24hr fitness center, on site dry cleaning valet and ATM, free coffee station, social room & media center with computers and free printing, faxing, and scanning.

It is located right next to the Van Ness Metro stop (Red Line), a minute away from Giant grocery store, CVS, the brand new Walgreens. All the other essentials are close by too, Starbucks, Potbellys, Gold's Gym, etc.

Your roommate is a Howard 2L. We are looking for either a male or female roommate who is clean, responsible in paying rent, a non-smoker and easy to get along with!

You can check out the building website here: --LinkRemoved--

Email me at michelleawinters@gmail.com with questions! Thanks.

zooie

Postby zooie » Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:36 pm

I only see that they require a final transcript be sent in. I have not been able to find some requirement as far as certain grades to get this spring semester.

Can someone say what that info is or where it is located?

Return to “Transfers”