Georgetown EA Applicants Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
SammyJ

New

Re: Georgetown EA Applicants

Post by SammyJ » Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:26 pm

delphus wrote:I am worried. Does anyone know whether those who did not get the status change early last year still got in?
I would like to know this as well...

TTRansfer

Gold

Post by TTRansfer » Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:26 pm

crossarmant wrote:
SammyJ wrote:Sorry to keep asking this, but I think it would be helpful to know... For those who's dates changed, when did you first go complete?
Went complete 2/24/2012, status changed today to 4/20/2012.
TTRansfer wrote:Friend of mine with slightly hire grades than me did not change to 4/20 today. FWIW.
They may have compelling reasons to let people in besides grades too. I saw on the Yahoo Group, people with 3.5s from TTTs get it but some people with 5% from T1s miss. I'm thinking since it's a smaller applicant pool, they look a bit more holisitcally, maybe overlooking lower grades for a compelling reason to be in DC/NOVA area or for previous work experience, etc.
I personally gave a reason for transferring that I wanted IP and GULC has solid IP and also referenced that I'd be closer to family and such. Hopefully those are compelling enough! I want GULC!!

YellowDD

New

Post by YellowDD » Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:27 pm

No status change for me. Would the people who did not get an update post their stats?

T-70-80
no rank yet

opX

Bronze

Post by opX » Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:32 pm

Top 10% T60
---
Complete as of 4/20
Went complete a few weeks before deadline.
---
No password can be generated at this time.
-
No morning email.

terpfan12

New

Post by terpfan12 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:38 pm

Last edited by terpfan12 on Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

TTRansfer

Gold

Post by TTRansfer » Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:39 pm

terpfan12 wrote:My status changed to 4/20 also...T2 3.75 GPA

Is it possible that no status change is a good thing?....it seems people with higher stats haven't had any change....
Very well could be.

2transferornot

New

Post by 2transferornot » Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:40 pm

Upper T2
No rank

No status change. Applied to "Both"

canesfan1986

Bronze

Post by canesfan1986 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:40 pm

T70 3.888 No rank yet. (Top 1% probably) No status change.

Here's a hypothesis for everyone. Maybe the people with status changes were the ones who had their spring classes on their transcripts and those of us who received emails today haven't changed yet because they are currently reviewing them still.

Seems plausible, though I'm probably just being hopeful.

2transferornot

New

Post by 2transferornot » Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:41 pm

canesfan1986 wrote:T70 3.888 No rank yet. (Top 1% probably) No status change.

Here's a hypothesis for everyone. Maybe the people with status changes were the ones who had their spring classes on their transcripts and those of us who received emails today haven't changed yet because they are currently reviewing them still.

Seems plausible, though I'm probably just being hopeful.
No, I had my Spring classes on Xcript. No email, no status change.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

TTRansfer

Gold

Post by TTRansfer » Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:42 pm

Starting to look like it's a bad thing for the status change looking at these stats (which are better than mine).

crossarmant

Silver

Post by crossarmant » Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:43 pm

TTRansfer wrote:I personally gave a reason for transferring that I wanted IP and GULC has solid IP and also referenced that I'd be closer to family and such. Hopefully those are compelling enough! I want GULC!!
I did the same. Originally from VA, family in Arlington and all my friends work in DC; I mentioned their Environmental Law program which is #11 in the country, desire to work in DC, this summer's gov't job, etc. I also made a Diversity Statement highlighting research into the lack of economic diversity in the school and higher education as a whole. I want it too!

TT (80-100)
No Rank (likely 8-10%)
2 Years Legal WE

2transferornot

New

Post by 2transferornot » Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:44 pm

crossarmant wrote:
TTRansfer wrote:I personally gave a reason for transferring that I wanted IP and GULC has solid IP and also referenced that I'd be closer to family and such. Hopefully those are compelling enough! I want GULC!!
I did the same. Originally from VA, family in Arlington and all my friends work in DC; I mentioned their Environmental Law program which is #11 in the country, desire to work in DC, this summer's gov't job, etc. I also made a Diversity Statement highlighting research into the lack of economic diversity in the school and higher education as a whole. I want it too!

TT (80-100)
No Rank (likely 8-10%)
2 Years Legal WE
Seems to me like being from the area helps a lot.

yabuddy

New

Post by yabuddy » Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:46 pm

It looks like a lot of people's status has changed, does GULC even admit that many students EA? And this is just on TLS, I'd say multiply that number by at least 3 or 4 and that's probably how many people's status has changed.

Maybe this is just the order they're working through the applications

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

HappyTransfer2012

New

Post by HappyTransfer2012 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:52 pm

Seems to me that all the people with super high stats did not change and are the ones who have a shot... I thought the date change was a good thing but now with all yalls stats who did not change I am thinking otherwise. Do we just have to wait for snail or an email? Are there any people top 5% that got the date change?

Also I did not get an email today, my original status was 2.24 and changed today... Just really knew what that meant!

YellowDD

New

Post by YellowDD » Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:52 pm

The numbers for people who got updates and who didn't is all over the place. I don't know if this cycle is indicative of last years trend.

TTRansfer

Gold

Post by TTRansfer » Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:53 pm

yabuddy wrote:It looks like a lot of people's status has changed, does GULC even admit that many students EA? And this is just on TLS, I'd say multiply that number by at least 3 or 4 and that's probably how many people's status has changed.

I doubt it's just an order because that order wouldn't make much sense.

I'm going to look at this as a negative thing until further notice -- at least seeing other people's stats sure as hell makes it look that way.

Also, I am definitely in the top 5% and my date changed.

TTRansfer

Gold

Post by TTRansfer » Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:53 pm

YellowDD wrote:The numbers for people who got updates and who didn't is all over the place. I don't know if this cycle is indicative of last years trend.
The majority of non-updates seem to have much better stats, as far as I can tell.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

TransKing20

New

Post by TransKing20 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:54 pm

yabuddy wrote:It looks like a lot of people's status has changed, does GULC even admit that many students EA? And this is just on TLS, I'd say multiply that number by at least 3 or 4 and that's probably how many people's status has changed.

Its possible but if you look at the forums from the last few years... the numbers are similar. The statuses also changed at the same time as opposed to a few here and a few there. I think those who got deferred had their status change a few days later (via email), but anything is possible.

2transferornot

New

Post by 2transferornot » Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:54 pm

TTRansfer wrote:

I doubt it's just an order because that order wouldn't make much sense.

I'm going to look at this as a negative thing until further notice -- at least seeing other people's stats sure as hell makes it look that way.

Also, I am definitely in the top 5% and my date changed.
No, I wouldn't make that conclusion. I think it's fair to go by what's been happening previously (date change=good thing).

TTRansfer

Gold

Post by TTRansfer » Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:55 pm

TransKing20 wrote:

Its possible but if you look at the forums from the last few years... the numbers are similar. The statuses also changed at the same time as opposed to a few here and a few there. I think those who got deferred had their status change a few days later (via email), but anything is possible.
I would be very surprised if all these 3.8s and 3.9s got deferred in here. I am usually negative on things (lets me be extra happy when good stuff happens), though.

crossarmant

Silver

Post by crossarmant » Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:56 pm

YellowDD wrote:The numbers for people who got updates and who didn't is all over the place. I don't know if this cycle is indicative of last years trend.
+10000000000

Yeah, it seems like 1%ers and 10%ers are getting status changes, same for those not. Either they're picking people more holisitcally than in the past or this status change means nil and last years predictions mean nothing.

EDIT: It's been said a million times in this sub-forum, transfer acceptances can be just random as hell. Top 2%, T1 folks getting denied at GULC but getting into Columbia; TTTT 2%ers getting GULC but missing the ball all over the T1. I mean, they're random as hell. Penn will accept a T2 with a 3.6, yet they'll deny a T25 with a 3.8, transfers seem all over the place and random.
Last edited by crossarmant on Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

izzy2977

New

Post by izzy2977 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:00 pm

My status changed to 4/20. Im T3 top 3%

2transferornot

New

Post by 2transferornot » Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:03 pm

Wow we have at least 8-9 ppl here that have had the change? And 8-9 that have not?

crossarmant

Silver

Post by crossarmant » Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:08 pm

2transferornot wrote:Wow we have at least 8-9 ppl here that have had the change? And 8-9 that have not?
It'd be infinitely easier to track who got what if people had avatars :lol: 15 people with "Transfer" in their name somewhere all speculating... You lose track of people's names here faster than in The Wheel of Time series.

TTRansfer

Gold

Post by TTRansfer » Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:09 pm

crossarmant wrote:
2transferornot wrote:Wow we have at least 8-9 ppl here that have had the change? And 8-9 that have not?
It'd be infinitely easier to track who got what if people had avatars :lol: 15 people with "Transfer" in their name somewhere all speculating... You lose track of people's names here faster than in The Wheel of Time series.
That's why I got creative with mine. TTransfer. Easy to remember.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”