Georgetown EA Applicants Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
TTRansfer

Gold

Re: Georgetown EA Applicants

Post by TTRansfer » Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:44 pm

See, I am in at GW and never got asked about spring courses. I have no idea why they would ask you what you are taking unless they did not know what you are taking. If your transcript had the classes on it, than there was no reason for them to send you an email. If the transcript did not have the classes on it, than there was a reason to send an email.

wiglaf1228

New

Post by wiglaf1228 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:51 pm

GW will ask eventually. They have to know whether you have taken their required courses.

jarofsoup

Gold

Post by jarofsoup » Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:53 pm

TTRansfer wrote:See, I am in at GW and never got asked about spring courses. I have no idea why they would ask you what you are taking unless they did not know what you are taking. If your transcript had the classes on it, than there was no reason for them to send you an email. If the transcript did not have the classes on it, than there was a reason to send an email.

Same they did not ask about course they are on my transcript.

If they are not on your transcript then they asked.

So I guess if they are not on your transcript and you did not get an email that is a bad sign.

However... maybe they were checking if these students had a larger course load this semester? I had 3 classes first semester and now I have 4... maybe trying to anticipate the risk of a grade drop?

I have been typing all day long sorry if it lacks sense.

TTRansfer

Gold

Post by TTRansfer » Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:58 pm

wiglaf1228 wrote:GW will ask eventually. They have to know whether you have taken their required courses.
My transcript already lists them, for sure. I've been accepted since like very early April or so, too. Haven't heard a peep from them about what I am taking.

Lawst

Silver

Post by Lawst » Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:18 am

opX wrote:Here is how we are going to do this:

If you are got a status change today, quote this post and say your 1) GPA rank, 2) School Rank, 3) Full-Time/Part-Time, and 4) Morning Email yes/no
Late to the party, but...

Status change 4/20
1. 3.49 (not ranked)
2. 80s
3. FT
4. No e-mail.
5. Admitted to GW. Hanging onto that seat deposit for a few days to see what happens next.

My stats scream "deferred!" but I want to believe!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

TTRansfer

Gold

Post by TTRansfer » Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:24 am

Lawst wrote:

If you are got a status change today, quote this post and say your 1) GPA rank, 2) School Rank, 3) Full-Time/Part-Time, and 4) Morning Email yes/no

Status change 4/20
1. 3.49 (not ranked)
2. 80s
3. FT
4. No e-mail.
5. Admitted to GW. Hanging onto that seat deposit for a few days to see what happens next.

Yeah, I want to remain positive and go on past years, but in all reality I think that most of the people who have gotten the change today seem "deferrable." Some outliers, but they could be just that -- outliers.

2transferornot

New

Post by 2transferornot » Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:28 am

TTRansfer wrote:
Lawst wrote:

Status change 4/20
1. 3.49 (not ranked)
2. 80s
3. FT
4. No e-mail.

Yeah, I want to remain positive and go on past years, but in all reality I think that most of the people who have gotten the change today seem "deferrable." Some outliers, but they could be just that -- outliers.
While I don't want to comment on deferrable or not, I think there have been too many (15 or so). I think we have a big enough sample size for some statistics, and over a 50% hit rate seems a bit unreasonable (but then again, is it?)

TTRansfer

Gold

Post by TTRansfer » Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:30 am

2transferornot wrote:
TTRansfer wrote:
Lawst wrote:

Status change 4/20
1. 3.49 (not ranked)
2. 80s
3. FT
4. No e-mail.

While I don't want to comment on deferrable or not, I think there have been too many (15 or so). I think we have a big enough sample size for some statistics, and over a 50% hit rate seems a bit unreasonable (but then again, is it?)
I'd personally like to think that I am not deferrable, but I applied EA to GULC thinking I was probably 50/50, so it'd not come as a shock if I got deferred. Nor would it piss me off all that much. GW is a decent school and I will probably end up there if I don't get in to GULC (plus, if my grades go up, I'll be sending off a ton of T14 apps...).

jarofsoup

Gold

Post by jarofsoup » Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:30 am

1. 3.77 (not ranked)/Academic Awards
2. 60's
3. Part Time/Full Time
4. No e-mail.
5. Admitted to GW

See swinging all different ways with this crap.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

TTRansfer

Gold

Post by TTRansfer » Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:31 am

jarofsoup wrote:1. 3.77 (not ranked)/Academic Awards
2. 60's
3. Part Time/Full Time
4. No e-mail.
5. Admitted to GW

You have a status change to 4/20? I mean, perhaps it truly means nothing and that they are just starting to really go over the apps now.

jarofsoup

Gold

Post by jarofsoup » Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:40 am

TTRansfer wrote:
2. 60's
3. Part Time/Full Time
4. No e-mail.
5. Admitted to GW

You have a status change to 4/20? I mean, perhaps it truly means nothing and that they are just starting to really go over the apps now.
Yeah, but I am also a Neo-Nazi, and a member of the Klu Klux Klan and I wrote my personal statement about how I have developed great leadership skills through my involvement in White Power organizations.

I am just kidding, but I did have a status change.

TTRansfer

Gold

Post by TTRansfer » Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:44 am

jarofsoup wrote:
TTRansfer wrote:
2. 60's
3. Part Time/Full Time
4. No e-mail.
5. Admitted to GW

Yeah, but I am also a Neo-Nazi, and a member of the Klu Klux Klan and I wrote my personal statement about how I have developed great leadership skills through my involvement in White Power organizations.

I am just kidding, but I did have a status change.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

See, you, I, and a few others have similar stats and I was at least hoping to survive the first round of cuts. I have a similar GPA at a lower ranked school, but may be a bit higher ranked in my class (harsher curve). So, I am at a loss.

The speculation makes it worse. I kind of swore to avoid this thread after earlier, but... that hasn't happened. Haha.

MakeItHappen3

New

Post by MakeItHappen3 » Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:12 am

Someone mentioned earlier in the thread the importance of softs (work experience, graduate degrees, student leadership and co-curricular involvement, publications, etc.). I'd be curious to see if there is any correlation between status changes and above-average softs. Could this be what the committee is looking for since many applicants are on equal footing academically? Please share as this may yield some qualitative (albeit speculative) data points.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

canesfan1986

Bronze

Post by canesfan1986 » Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:04 am

I have more than two years of FT work experience and I had no change. Softs didn't matter with me.

TransKing20

New

Post by TransKing20 » Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:36 am

MakeItHappen3 wrote:Someone mentioned earlier in the thread the importance of softs (work experience, graduate degrees, student leadership and co-curricular involvement, publications, etc.). I'd be curious to see if there is any correlation between status changes and above-average softs. Could this be what the committee is looking for since many applicants are on equal footing academically? Please share as this may yield some qualitative (albeit speculative) data points.
I had all these and had a status change, plus top 5% T1. I hope we all find out by Monday.

jess

Post by jess » Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:46 am

Last edited by jess on Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

crossarmant

Silver

Post by crossarmant » Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:55 am

Maybe we should all have RADIO SILENCE on this thread until Monday. Everyone here, update or not is freaking out and it's getting none of us anywhere. Let's all just abandon this thread until we have any further news on Monday. Seriously folks. No more posting in here with wild conjectures one way or another until Monday. Go study, folks!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

candytex

New

Post by candytex » Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:10 am

crossarmant wrote:Maybe we should all have RADIO SILENCE on this thread until Monday. Everyone here, update or not is freaking out and it's getting none of us anywhere. Let's all just abandon this thread until we have any further news on Monday. Seriously folks. No more posting in here with wild conjectures one way or another until Monday. Go study, folks!

Amen. Have to make sure our GPAs stay solid this semester!

Oglethorpe

New

Post by Oglethorpe » Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:24 pm

crossarmant wrote:Maybe we should all have RADIO SILENCE on this thread until Monday. Everyone here, update or not is freaking out and it's getting none of us anywhere. Let's all just abandon this thread until we have any further news on Monday. Seriously folks. No more posting in here with wild conjectures one way or another until Monday. Go study, folks!

lol....This is TLS, that is what we do!

Oglethorpe

New

Post by Oglethorpe » Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:30 pm

BTW...

No status update
No email
Top 1-3%
school: 80-100

hoping40

New

Post by hoping40 » Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:03 pm

Oglethorpe wrote:BTW...

No status update
No email
Top 1-3%
It's amazing that you were able to pull those stats off with your very trying rookie season. I heard you had a ton of litigation and notoriety, and then you were deported to Canada. But then that country refused to accept you.

Congrats to you for those stats while dealing with that.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

jarofsoup

Gold

Post by jarofsoup » Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:10 pm

No status update
No email
Top 1-3%

Can we spend six pages on trying out how this fits into our larger theory of the status change being a bad thing or a good things?

ok back to studying.

TransKing20

New

Post by TransKing20 » Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:39 pm

Anyone try the admitted students website?

TTRansfer

Gold

Post by TTRansfer » Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:50 pm

TransKing20 wrote:Anyone try the admitted students website?
Doesn't work.

Oglethorpe

New

Post by Oglethorpe » Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:34 am

hoping40 wrote:

No status update
No email
Top 1-3%
It's amazing that you were able to pull those stats off with your very trying rookie season. I heard you had a ton of litigation and notoriety, and then you were deported to Canada. But then that country refused to accept you.

Congrats to you for those stats while dealing with that.
LOL...I like it!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”