Transfer from Tier 4

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
UofPitt13

Transfer from Tier 4

Postby UofPitt13 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:33 am

I received my first semester grades and they were relatively encouraging.
I got a:
4.1 in Crim
4.0 in Torts
3.7 in Ks
2.7 in Civ Pro
2.6 in LW
GPA is a 3.37 my school curves to a 2.7 - I'm in the process of receiving my rank but my GPA should place me at approximately the top 18%.

I got to a tier 4 school in California and am looking to transfer to schools like Brooklyn, Villanova, Penn State Dickinson, Pitt, Case Western, Maryland, Wake Forest, Temple, maybe even Pepperdine. I graduated from Pitt undergrad and my dad went to Dickinson Law before PSU was involved in the school.

Do you think I have a shot?

Some of my fellow students have mentioned I might have a shot a UPenn because I'm from Pennsylvania and want to move back home. This seems like an incredible stretch to me.

Danteshek

Re: Transfer from Tier 4

Postby Danteshek » Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:24 pm

Just apply to Temple, Villanova, and Penn State. These are your targets.

If you really need to get back to PA, add Rutgers-Camden, Drexel and Widener as backups.

An application to Penn is a waste of money.

bernaldiaz

Postby bernaldiaz » Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:35 pm

Honestly, 0% chance at Penn.

mikec0824

Postby mikec0824 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:44 pm

I transfered from a tier 4 to Case Western with a 3.14 which put me in the top 33%. I also had a shitty LSAT score, but I have heard that means very little if anything after you receive your fall grades. I did early action transfer, which has benefits such as being able to participate in the journal competition and getting involved with the CSO earlier. I would say you definitely have a shot at any tier 2 school.

UofPitt13

Postby UofPitt13 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:18 pm

Hey Thanks for all the help guys/gals

Return to “Transfers”