TTTTransfer to GULC EA?

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
MakeItHappen3

TTTTransfer to GULC EA?

Postby MakeItHappen3 » Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:34 pm

Thanks!
Last edited by MakeItHappen3 on Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

maf70

Re: TTTTransfer to GULC EA?

Postby maf70 » Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:17 pm

Zero.

jarofsoup

Postby jarofsoup » Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:25 pm

I think it is a black box. I would apply. I am in a similar position but in about the top 5% at a T2. I think EA at GWU is a much safer bet.

Do not take someone's advise on here as a reason not to apply. Even though he or she may be correct that you won't get in you should still get the letters of rec and go for it.

maf70

Postby maf70 » Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:49 pm

jarofsoup wrote:I think it is a black box. I would apply. I am in a similar position but in about the top 5% at a T2. I think EA at GWU is a much safer bet.

Do not take someone's advise on here as a reason not to apply. Even though he or she may be correct that you won't get in you should still get the letters of rec and go for it.

Top 5% at a TT is not a similar position. Applying EA to GW is a good plan, but if you're set on GULC, don't spend too much time thinking about transferring this semester and just focus on improving grades.

jarofsoup

Postby jarofsoup » Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:01 pm

maf70 wrote:
jarofsoup wrote:I think it is a black box. I would apply. I am in a similar position but in about the top 5% at a T2. I think EA at GWU is a much safer bet.

Top 5% at a TT is not a similar position. Applying EA to GW is a good plan, but if you're set on GULC, don't spend too much time thinking about transferring this semester and just focus on improving grades.

If you think my chances are good that would really make my day :)

maf70

Postby maf70 » Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:18 pm

Top 5% probably isn't going to get you EA into GULC from a TT. However, you have a much better shot at RD. You might as well apply though considering your app will roll over if you don't get in EA.

jarofsoup

Postby jarofsoup » Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:33 pm

maf70 wrote:Top 5% probably isn't going to get you EA into GULC from a TT. However, you have a much better shot at RD. You might as well apply though considering your app will roll over if you don't get in EA.

Do this schools care at all about the quality of faculty at your school? Like the Leiter ratings?

keg411

Postby keg411 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:04 pm

jarofsoup wrote:
maf70 wrote:Top 5% probably isn't going to get you EA into GULC from a TT. However, you have a much better shot at RD. You might as well apply though considering your app will roll over if you don't get in EA.

Do this schools care at all about the quality of faculty at your school? Like the Leiter ratings?

No, they just care about your school's rank and your class rank/GPA.

Return to “Transfers”