T4-3.8 GPA early transfer options Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
wilc0phan

New

T4-3.8 GPA early transfer options

Post by wilc0phan » Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:24 pm

Just got most first semester grades.

Torts was the only transcript grade: A

Year-Long courses:

CivPro:A-
Property:A-
Contracts: not back yet

My LRW grade is floating around a B+ and hoping to improve.
We pick up Con and Crim 2nd semester.

Assuming I keep it consistent and at least hit the curve (B) in contracts, what schools in the Boston/New York area would even consider an applicant based on 1st semester grades...schools anywhere that typically will look at 1st semester grades???

I'm really hoping to transfer to the best school possible, open to many suggestions. BC, BU, Fordham at all possible?

If I keep up the work regardless of applying early, what NY/BOS schools seem most likely to accept a transfer applicant from a T4 graduating in the top 10% or top 5%?

Thanks

quiver

Silver

Re: T4-3.8 GPA early transfer options

Post by quiver » Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:26 pm

wilc0phan wrote:Torts was the only transcript grade: A

Year-Long courses:

CivPro:A-
Property:A-
Contracts: not back yet

My LRW grade is floating around a B+ and hoping to improve.
We pick up Con and Crim 2nd semester.
Maybe I'm missing something but from what you typed it looks like you're taking 6 classes next semester: CivPro, Property, Ks, LRW, Con Law, Crim Law.

I don't know that much about transfers outside the T14 but it seems like you have a good shot at the schools you listed. Definitely worth the app fees IMO. I don't think any of those schools have an EA/ED option though. And I'm also pretty sure Fordham transfers aren't allowed to participate in OCI.

concurrent fork

Silver

Post by concurrent fork » Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:05 pm

I don't think there are any NYC or Boston schools with an EA option. The only ones I know of are Chi, GULC, and GW.

quiver

Silver

Post by quiver » Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:33 pm

concurrent fork wrote:I don't think there are any NYC or Boston schools with an EA option. The only ones I know of are Chi, GULC, and GW.
WUSTL too maybe? Pretty sure they had it last year at least. One school lower down too, maybe miami? I'm too lazy to look.

jess

Post by jess » Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:02 pm

Last edited by jess on Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wilc0phan

New

Post by wilc0phan » Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:02 pm

Jessuf wrote:Brooklyn Law School is the only NYC school I know of with an EA program for transfers. However, apps are due in January.
I actually spoke with admissions this afternoon and they said there is no EA deadline (they didn't use the term but it appears that it's somewhat of a rolling process).

They also told me that although I only have one transcript grade, they will accept my "advisory grades (50%)", simply based on what I tell them. This seemed a little fishy to me, but she went on to say that someone might then ask for a formal document with my advisory grades from fall semester.

So, this being said...I have an A in torts on the transcript. A-'s in Civ and Property with a B/B+(3.25, an actual grade at NEL|B) in K's. If the advisory grades were final I would have a 3.68. I certainly am hoping to move those A-'s up to A's and so on and so forth...anyone like my chances at Brooklyn EA? Anyone know of EA transfers at Brooklyn? As you can see, I'm not a regular here and there is likely a more appropriate thread for that info...

If my grades improve and I certainly am aiming to...it should keep me in top 10% and hopefully top 5%...
Do BC, BU, Fordham and Brooklyn seem like a good spot to shoot for?

Thanks

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”