T20 to Michigan

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
transferono

T20 to Michigan

Postby transferono » Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:42 pm

Hi, I'm top third at a T20 and I love it here. The only place I would consider transferring to is Michigan (and even then only if I don't write on to LR). I ED'd there as a 0L and have a friend who might be starting there next year. Plus, they have a new LRAP that looks pretty great in case I'm not quite job secure here but in transfer range.

Is top third worth the app? Or is top quarter where it gets realistic?

kaiser

Re: T20 to Michigan

Postby kaiser » Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:45 pm

I was at a T25, and the only people who got into T10 schools as transfers were those in the top 10% or perhaps just shy of that mark. Maybe top 15% at the lowest. I don't think top 25% cuts it for a transfer to a T10 school.

patrickd139

Postby patrickd139 » Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:34 pm

If it's your dream school, and it's the only school you'd apply to, I don't see how the minuscule app fee isn't worth it in the long run. Write a compelling PS, get strong LORs and give it a go.

With a class rank around top 1/3 at a T20, you'll probably get rejected. That said, you miss 100% of the shots you don't take, blah blah.

vanwinkle

Postby vanwinkle » Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:00 pm

patrickd139 wrote:If it's your dream school, and it's the only school you'd apply to, I don't see how the minuscule app fee isn't worth it in the long run. Write a compelling PS, get strong LORs and give it a go.

With a class rank around top 1/3 at a T20, you'll probably get rejected. That said, you miss 100% of the shots you don't take, blah blah.

This. Spot on. Low but not impossible odds, if it means that much to you, then go for it.

Also, you have a semester to raise your grades. Work your ass off and focus on improving your exam-taking skills. Good luck.

Return to “Transfers”