50% first semester in Top 40..Any chance?

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
zzzwww

50% first semester in Top 40..Any chance?

Postby zzzwww » Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:33 pm

Hi, all. I got 3.10 GPA in my first semester, exactly 50% according to class standing.
My law school is fine, I have great professors and buddies, but I prefer to go to a larger city in East or West Coast, especially NY or SF.
Do I have any chance? I was on the waitlist of Minnesota law. They said first semester grade will be enough and they will give me priority if I apply for transfer. Maybe they will be regard to say so when they see my grade...
I know I did a bad job but any tiny chance?? :cry:

wiscohopeful

Re: 50% first semester in Top 40..Any chance?

Postby wiscohopeful » Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:08 pm

Everyone I speak to says SF is incredibly difficult to get into even with stellar grades. Not that you don't need great grades for NY, but I would think its less competitive than SF (but still very competitive...)

concurrent fork

Postby concurrent fork » Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:46 pm

Query why you would want to transfer to Minnesota if you want to work in NY or SF, but regardless you have virtually no chance. Sorry.

pre-med person

Postby pre-med person » Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:53 pm

If you want to work in NY, try transferring to Fordham.

zzzwww

Postby zzzwww » Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:06 pm

concurrent fork wrote:Query why you would want to transfer to Minnesota if you want to work in NY or SF, but regardless you have virtually no chance. Sorry.

NY or SF is my top choice, if I can't make it, Twin cities is large legal market to me as well and my situation may give me a better chance in Minnesota Law...or not. Thanks for your frank answer any way. :lol:

CanadianWolf

Postby CanadianWolf » Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:10 pm

Doesn't Minnesota hold a recruiting/placement fair in San Francisco ?

Return to “Transfers”